What's wrong with my baby?

My baby is 4.5 months old. She has started sleeping thru the night from 2+ months old. Normally she will sleep from 8pm-7am. In between at abt 12midnight I'll dreamfeed her.

This few days, her routine become erratic. It happened after CNY. She keeps waking up in the middle of the night. Like she will wake up at 11+, 1+, 3+, 5+, 8+ and finally I'll bath her at 10+am.

When she wake up she will talk to herself for awhile, and I'll ignore her, then after awhile she will stArt screaming and crying for attention. Then I'll latch her, she will sleep awhile then after 1hr+ she will wake up again.

I dun think she has colic cos after latching she doesn't cry anymore.

Could she be teething? What are the symptoms? But it's been a few days still no sign of teeth coming out?

Also normally she drink milk from both breast. But this few days after feeding on one side and I try to switch but she will refuse. Normally each feed can last for 4 hr. But now abt 3 hr or less than that she will cry for milk. Izzit also bcos of this problem so she dun sleep well at night?

Or could it be she is ready to start weaning? But she still can't sit by herself without support. So I can't start weaning yet right?

Anyone has similar experience b4?

Phoebii Cheng

Hmm could be your daughter is teething, does she put her fingers or fist into her mouth? and is she drooling or pooing quite often? or does her poo has those little white dots?

My son oso recently keep waking up at night, he is 2 yrs old. Don't know why, then later realise tht he want to be carried to sleep, so my hubby carry him to sleep cos' I got no strength:tlaugh:

Another thing is could be, during CNY visitations, your daughters routine could be disrupted thts why now she is trying to adjust back to it, so u hv to routine her again, slowly she will adjust back

apollo

is she being cranky in e day too?

hmm.. waking up at night could be growth spurt.. some babies growth spurt last for few days only while some longer.. for ds, usually his growth spurt will last from 1 week to max 2weeks..

as for teething symptoms, is drooling ALOT, keep biting her hands..

as for weaning, i think better wait till she is older, at least 5.5 mth old if possible.. anw diffe baby progress differently, mayb u can check with ur pd when is the 'right' time to wean ur baby? i wasnt sure abt that so i asked mine too =)

CanCanMum

symptoms of teething are (add on to orleng darlings)
  1. red gums
  2. extra rosy cheeks
  3. sometimes suck milk after a while will suddenly cry or reject sucking
u can get those teething gel safe for babies, most pharmacies does sell them

it might be she played too much in the day during CNY izzit? Coz many different faces/having fun and makes her difficult to settle down?

u can try monitor for a few more days perhaps shes juz too excited during CNY and couldnt rest enuff or wants to play more

She is sleeping lesser in the day too. But I'm mote concerned about her not sleeping at night.

As for teething symptoms, I noticed she has got extra rosy cheeks. She droops, but that's more due to her blowing raspberries. Her gums are not red. She puts her fingers in her mouth, but she sucks and not bites them cos she doesn't use a pacifier. But she bites my nipples towards the end of her feed. More like playing. She doesn't cry midway thru her feed. Just refuse to open her mouth or suck.

I did thot that it's due to CNY that her routine is disrupted. But buring the first few days she is still ok. Only AFTER then she starts waking up very often. I din bring her to many places during CNY too. Only my mom's place, which we go back to every weekend, and hubb's grandma place. I did not play with her too much in the day too cos I'm always trying to make her sleep after her sleepless night but she just refuse to sleep.

Thanks mummies. I'll be visiting her paed for her jab soon and I'll ask doctor. Hopefully she'll start sleeping soon.

Hmm could be your daughter is teething, does she put her fingers or fist into her mouth? and is she drooling or pooing quite often? or does her poo has those little white dots?

My son also recently keep waking up at night, he is 2 yrs old. dont't know why, then later realise tht he want to be carried to sleep, so my hubby carry him to sleep cos' I got no strength:tlaugh:

Another thing is could be, during CNY visitations, your daughters routine could be disrupted thts why now she is trying to adjust back to it, so you have to routine her again, slowly she will adjust back

Her poo amount is normal but no whitish seeds.

hakisumi

Ohh.. Teething syptoms is drool n poo w white-ish particles?
Graham drool but not alot like those can't control n "leak" out of mouth.. Poo is abt 2x a day...bite hand or finger ..(hungry)

no rosy cheeks though.. Cld it b teething?

CanCanMum

normally the most prominent clue is they would tend to BITE BITE BITE lOlzzzz

coz gums itchy yet swollen and painful, its c~o~m~p~l~i~c~a~t~e~d lOlzzzz

jasobias

I think sometimes babies r just cranky.Mine has been drooling n biting everything since she was 3 months until now still no teeth!!She is 7 months old today.Guess babies r like us..have some öff"days. I remember when she wld just be crying for no reason or wld get up in middle of nite so many times.But its a phase n it will pass.Just hang in there.