when baby start to sit upright?

Porukadotzu

i have 3mth+ baby... i wonder if i can let her sit into upright position now?? sometimes she's happy to sit upright but sumtimes she don't want too..

so i'm scared i'm forcing her to sit upright too early and in the end caused some injury...

when normally you start to let bb sit??

CanCanMum

Re: The IDee fashion jewelry ,accompany women’ life-long beauty.

The IDee fashion jewelry , accompany women’ life-long beauty.The IDee brand connotation: Individuality, nature, fashion, romantic,
Please sell your items somewhere appropriate.

CanCanMum

i have 3mth+ baby... i wonder if i can let her sit into upright position now?? sometimes she's happy to sit upright but sumtimes she don't want too..

so i'm scared i'm forcing her to sit upright too early and in the end caused some injury...

when normally you start to let bb sit??
babies only learn to sit upright from 6 to 8months.

Summary of my boy's development :
1-3 m = mostly lying down on their backs
4-6 m = rolls, crawls ok
6-8 m = expert crawler and sits upright (unstable)
8-10 m = sits and crawls like an expert
10-12 m = climbs and learns to "stand"
14m = takes his first stumbling steps (unstable)
18m = walks like an adult and rUns!!

so yrs is still too early....

if u dont know where to put him during free times, u can either put him on a walker (recommended for 4m onwards only) or get those self-supporting seats (dink brand is bumbu or something) esp for babies coz it wraps the baby and supports their spine or something like tat...

for me my boy was in a walker since 4m. Some pple claim tat walkers delay their development....well my boy's development progress is as per normal.

SH74

think not good to let bb sit upright too early 'cause their bones n spines still not strong yet. i cant rem when i let my boy sit upright. hv to refer to his photos. hahaha... :D

Porukadotzu

babies only learn to sit upright from 6 to 8months.

Summary of my boy's development :
1-3 m = mostly lying down on their backs
4-6 m = rolls, crawls ok
6-8 m = expert crawler and sits upright (unstable)
8-10 m = sits and crawls like an expert
10-12 m = climbs and learns to "stand"
14m = takes his first stumbling steps (unstable)
18m = walks like an adult and rUns!!

so yrs is still too early....

if u dont know where to put him during free times, u can either put him on a walker (recommended for 4m onwards only) or get those self-supporting seats (dink brand is bumbu or something) esp for babies coz it wraps the baby and supports their spine or something like tat...

for me my boy was in a walker since 4m. Some pple claim tat walkers delay their development....well my boy's development progress is as per normal.

Yea every see that chair selling at mothercare... tat chair can be used since how old ya?
i saw my ger roll to the left yesterday for several time haha..:tlaugh:
but she still can not lift her head up when she rolls to side, so end up nose pressing the bed and she cry hihi..

ya, most of the time i would let my bb laying on mattress while playing..

my hubby tink bb walker is not good too.. but i tink its depend on the baby.. i actually think its fun to see baby in walker.

SH74

let her practise. aft some time, she'll b able to lift her head up when on her tummy.

some ppl say walker not good. some find it ok.

i didnt let my boy use the walker. i jus leave him on a big floor mat (which i got fr dunno-wat-name shop). let him roll here n there while i do my own things.

Porukadotzu

let her practise. aft some time, she'll b able to lift her head up when on her tummy.

some ppl say walker not good. some find it ok.

i didnt let my boy use the walker. i jus leave him on a big floor mat (which i got fr dunno-wat-name shop). let him roll here n there while i do my own things.
practice as in always flip the baby on his tummy? or let the baby do it himself?

i notice my ger can hold her head bit if i put her to sit upright, but been wondering why she still cant lift her head up a bit if she's on her tummy..

CanCanMum

Yea every see that chair selling at mothercare... tat chair can be used since how old ya?

my hubby tink bb walker is not good too.. but i tink its depend on the baby.. i actually think its fun to see baby in walker.
Hi Poru dear,

i hav found out the link to the seat

Bumbo Seat - Frequently Asked Questions

it says as long as yr baby can hold her head up worhz

as for walker there is some research or saying tat states will delay babys walking action... its cute la coz they are "mobile" and like to touch this touch tat....

vonn81

bumbo seat is good. given fr a fren. i let my gal sit when she is abt 3mths+ when her neck is more stable. She can sit quite steadily ard 6mths plus with support. I guess its the help of the bumbo seat. it safe lah, but of cos cannot leave baby unattended :)

SH74

practice as in always flip the baby on his tummy? or let the baby do it himself?

i notice my ger can hold her head bit if i put her to sit upright, but been wondering why she still cant lift her head up a bit if she's on her tummy..
practise as in let her hold her up a bit everytime she's on her tummy. but when tired alr, then turn her over. aft some time, she'll b able to hold up longer.

SH74

some say it'll delay 'cause bb tend to rely on walker, so wont really learn to stand on feet. n walker can change diff level depends on bb's ht. so sometimes cannot adjust such that bb's feet can b flat totally on the floor. will either tiptoe or both legs bent. so when they finally learn to walk, then tend to tiptoe. :)

dunno how true though. but my sis let her boy sit on walker. n initially, really alw tiptoe. only start to walk on his own more n stably, aft 1+ yr old. actu b4 that, can walk alr but not confident, will end up crawling.

so now i try not to let my boy use walker. c how. hahaha... :D