when did you start putting on weight?

fr0ufr0um0mmy

hello ladies!

i'm a newbie to the forum and a first-time mommy as well :) Just tested couple of days ago (twice) and got a positive! It is not a planned pregnancy, so me and hubby are shock & happy & excited! Really unexpected coz we just got married in Jan.

Ok, my question is, when exactly did you start putting on weight? I have had tender/sore breasts and bloating, some cramps since a week ago, thot it was pms but it was not. And now my tummy seems to be growing like nobody business!!! My jeans are all tight and i'm only spose to be 5 weeks..errrr, isn't is too early to put on weight?? :embarrassed:

Can you pls share with me your experience?

berry3

hi, congrats!!!

im 13w + pregnant. :D
did not put on weight much since week 6 till now, only about 1 kg.

but true, hip is getting bigger each week. try taking measurement mine grow like 3-4 cm per 2 week! but i think now it stop growing alrdy.

cant fit to anything right now except dresses and those elastic kind of pants... ;)
dont worry!

Phoebii Cheng

For me tht time I only put on weight in the 2nd tri

Did u experience MS?

For me, I experienced MS tht why my weight was stagnant during 1st tri

apollo

i only started putting on weight aft 13-14 weeks of preggy. during the 1st 12weeks, i lost 7kg+ due to MS. so from 2nd tri all the way till i gave birth, i gain bk 9kg+ if i dont count the 7kg+ i lost. =)

jas2909

I started putting on weight from the very beginning of the pregnancy.. I suddenly have very big appetite and got hungry almost every 2hrs.. so I just eat and eat.. I thought it's just a short period of craving.. no MS.. didn't thought that I'm pregnant till I missed my period.. by the end of 1st trimester i've put on 6-7kg already.. started wearing maternity pants/shorts around 9weeks coz all my bottoms were too tight till they print nice marks on my skin.. Till now i'm still gaining weight at at about 1.5kg per month.. :shyxxx: super a lot.. haha! i think by the end of pregnancy i'll gain in total 25 - 30kg.. :embarrassed:

PinkDiamonds

I remember I put on almost 4kg in the first month. I just wanted to eat a lot of things but I thought it's just craving before my period come. But my period didn't come! Then I was put on hormones pills and it made my morning sickness very bad that I couldn't eat well. Lost 3kg in the past week but slowly putting back the weight. :)

fr0ufr0um0mmy

hi, congrats!!!

im 13w + pregnant. :D
did not put on weight much since week 6 till now, only about 1 kg.

but true, hip is getting bigger each week. try taking measurement mine grow like 3-4 cm per 2 week! but i think now it stop growing alrdy.

cant fit to anything right now except dresses and those elastic kind of pants... ;)
dont worry!
thank you berry3! I am looking forward to being where you are now, week 12-13, can't wait to hear my baby's heartbeat :)

my tummy looks like i just had a real good buffet dinner, all the time.. guess its time to start buying elastic pants!

thepinkdot

about 11 weeks soon.. put on 1 kg so far.. this is my no. 2 so i'm showing way more obvious than my no. 1..

need new bras already.. :p

fr0ufr0um0mmy

@Phoebii Cheng @apollo I'm not experiencing MS, and am hungry all the time that's why i think... My tummy looks positively super bloated all the time, have to start hiding in baggier clothes :p

@jas2909 @PinkDiamonds I think we're experiencing the same thing, as my appetite is very good now and i get hungry all the time! Even in the middle of the night too, will wake up and find something to munch on... @jas2909did your gynae advise anything on the weight gain?

@eurostar I have heard that too! hmmm...

allycat

I remembered I had huge appetite during my first pregnancy. Was always feeling hungry and was putting 2 kg almost every month. I put on a total of 22 kg by the time I gave birth. My appetitie for my last 2 pregnancies were not very good but I only lost 2-3 kg in 1st trimester. Without counting my weight loss, my gains for my pregs are 22kg, 15kg, 10kg and finally 7kg :D

camom

I heard the more weight gain at 1st trimester likely a boy?
Not true for me!

My 1st kid (gal), I gained weight from day 1. In the end, I put on abt 20kg even I had very bad ms & poor appetite. My 2nd one (boy), I lost wt during the 1st trim even though I had very gd appetite and no ms. I only put on abt 6kg for 2nd preggy.

PinkDiamonds

Oh yah I remember for my first pregnancy my appetite was so much better in the first trimester. But I had a girl. :p

jas2909

I heard the more weight gain at 1st trimester likely a boy?
i oso heard the same thing.. true for me.. heehee.. mine is a boy..

fr0ufr0um0mmy : my gynae ask me to slow down on the weight gain if not after that very hard to lose the weight..

xicloudix

mine is a boy,

before preggy : 62kg
i lost 7kg in my 1st trimester... n slowly gain back, till last check up at 34 weeks, i am 64kg

shopaholic

Well, gain for the first 3 mths was slow as I had morning sickness. Whatever went in would likely come out, but after that, I got hungry again. Not the best feeling but still, I gained about 3-4kgs in first trimester. Also, by 3rd mth, I couldnt wear any of my usual clothes already.

nataliecxy

I gained 8kg during my 1st trimester...i was so hungry all the time keep eating every 2-3hrs. My office drawer had nothing but food..haha. Gained 18kg in total.

Dont try to go on diet because you think you have gained to much weight. Most importantly eat healthly..<not junk food> occasional treats as ok <i understand cos pregnant mummies have cravings> Baby's health is more important that your expanding figure.

MsFAT

I'm now about 8weeks into my pregnancy and i've already gained around 2.5kg! My appetite started getting quite good around 3-4 weeks into pregnancy but when I reached my 6th week I started to experience MS and started developing disliking for certain types of food.

fr0ufr0um0mmy

hmmm... i think i spoke too soon!

my appetite has become pretty bad once i hit 6 weeks and have trouble eating now.. Now much MS but a lot of wind, no appetite and can't stand any food in room temperature, must either be piping hot or cold... and that weird taste in my mouth!! haiyoooo, hoping it will calm down once 1st tri is over..

Thanks for sharing your experiences! To all mummies, jia you!! :)

droplets

i'm abt 5weeks plus pregnant and my tummy is soooo bloated.. it looks like 12weeks... Is this normal??:117::07: