when does your toddler starts to sing?

jojoki

just curious whn can a toddler start to sing? my bb is coming 15 mth havent seen her start singin or like hum hum... neva b4... she talks a lot but like not much interest in music. both me n hubs r musically incline ppl... so sad if she doesnt turns out to be one...

shirasefira

just curious whn can a toddler start to sing? my baby is coming 15 month havent seen her start singin or like hum hum... neva before... she talks a lot but like not much interest in music. both me n hubs r musically incline ppl... so sad if she doesnt turns out to be one...
my eldest girl start singing wen she was 18mths old.. i always on for her barney songs n initially she start to follow..

annie

mine start to sing(hum) when she was about 14mths iirc.. she loves music. will sing n dance, nod her head or swing her body when she hears music. sometimes she even tap her thigh n nod her head or swing her body at the same time when she is in the stroller or car seat lol

dun worry too much. she is still young. anyway every human is different so even if she really dun like music, just accept her for wat she is? she might be an expert in something else who know?

camom

My no 2 was pretty fast, abt 13 mths thereabouts. My elder kid plays the piano so he can hum the tunes she plays. Singing the words came at about 15 mths, not very clear pronounciation.

Juan

my girl started at 13 months.. when I ask her sing to me, she will sing (yah, yah , yah) and swing her body. When she listen music, she will swing her body also.

stonston

Mine started showing signs of being musically inclined when he was mobile. He would take items to set up and find sticks to 'play drum'.

When he could stand with support, he actually could dance and shake his butt to music.

I think not impt if they sing or hum, but if they are exposed or given opportunity, they may show it in other ways. Like my boy can play a simple tune on the piano after showing him once.

Sing to her more often, give her a variety of musical instruments to try out. :)

Ting

ehh i think pin started b4 1 yo? like stonston's son, she also make her own "music" by shaking her rattle n stuffs.
when she could start standing she will also dance n shake her booty when she heard music~
now, she can sing n hum songs she hear on tv.. esp those tv drama we watch, they always hv the OST, she can hum the part, usually after 2-3 times hearing it. :)

i think just hv more exposure shld be good enuf.
haha my mum say pin likes music cos i always listen to music when i was preggers. :X

stonston

haha my mum say pin likes music cos i always listen to music when i was preggers. :X
My dad keep saying my boy will be a music genius cos I was playing cello daily when I was pregnant. -_"-

It's constant exposure that is the key to their learning. Just sing with them will do.

The other day I was playing with my friend's girl. She just turned 1yo and can hum tunes with actions. Very cute! My friend plays classical music for her on a daily basis (just before bedtime to help her wind down). During her pregnancy, I gave her alot of CDs for classical music and she also played it every night to relax.

ping26

hi jojoki mummy

My 13 mth-old only enjoys listening to music. She doesn't sing or hum at all though she has maybe 90-100 words and sounds. She enjoys shaking her bum when asked to dance but that's it. There's no rhythm.

She picks up words, even 3-syllable ones, easily but just not singing. She can say lyrics, like "up a(bove)" with hand action., ABC, 123. just no tune.

She prob has not much music sense, erm, like me. I have difficulties hearing words in music sometimes. I can remember conversations but not lyrics in songs. :err:Daddy can play 1 instrument but is not too talented in music too.

I think tots can't show music talent/gift til after 18 mth cos they lack motor skills & coordination. most just jive along. Mine doesn't even jive much. She jumps a bit but mostly freezes in rapture.

jojoki

ping26, i think my bub is like yours. I've never seen her hum or try to dance.. i know of some real prancy n dancey toddlers.. but just not mine. She doesnt seems very interested in all the musical toys i got her (guiro, castanet, triangle,guitar, piano,hand drums, etc) but she does like whistles a lot. I got her a samba and slider whistle. I also got her handbells (1 octave) erm.. but she rather read.

stonston, i am too lazy to sing to her honestly..i dun mind reading.. everytime i sing,, i'll start yawning away... lol more yawns thn singing..

she likes me playing the guitar though...;p but too long neva play fingertips damn painful!

jojoki

oops i want thing i though, when i was preggy with her I was particularly NOT interested in music... funny! hopefully it can be cultivated lar..

Ting

My dad keep saying my boy will be a music genius cos I was playing cello daily when I was pregnant. -_"-

It's constant exposure that is the key to their learning. Just sing with them will do.

The other day I was playing with my friend's girl. She just turned 1yo and can hum tunes with actions. Very cute! My friend plays classical music for her on a daily basis (just before bedtime to help her wind down). During her pregnancy, I gave her alot of CDs for classical music and she also played it every night to relax.
hahaha! i wonder if what music we r exposed to affect the kids? cos during preggers im always listening to rnb hiphop n pop music, so pin only likes that type of music. only when she was enrolled in CC then she took interest in nursery ryhmes. hahahah~

next time my #2 i try jazz or classical music. =X

raeka

my boy like to shake his body while listening to music when he was 14mth. he around 17mth only hum e twinkle twinkle little star to his grandma, only that once n for all. now he 18mth he like to listen more then dance with the music.. he's a lazy bum.. haha