When should I remove mittens from my baby?

kathteu

Hi,

I'm a new mom and just started getting back to my own life after my confinement. Motherhood is really amazing and tiring!

After dealing with my baby's reflux and skin rash, I'm now wondering when should I remove mittens from her. She's 6 week old now.

Any advise from experience mums? Thanks!

NIisme

I removed my darling girl's mittens when she is 1mth old to let her wiggle tinkle her lil fingers, if you are removing, PLEASE remember to cut the baby's finger nails often. :)

diymummy

I removed my son's mittens only at 4 mths. That's coz he kept scratching himself till he bled. Otherwise, I would have removed it at the end of 1 mth.

adelynn

i removed my girl's mittens when she turned a month - more for her to develop her feel sensory and explore/discover things. of course they might accidentally scratch themselves but babies are very smart, they do it once, twice and they will learn and not do it again

bbyoshi

Yeah~! I also removed their mittens at 4 months coz they keep scratching themselves... now they still scratch themselves but i try to cut their nails as often as i can.. :001_302:

xicloudix

I tried to remove when he was 6 weeks, but he keep scratching his face and even poke his finger into his nose!!!! then i put back the mittens... and tried to remove it again when he was 2 mths old...

he sometimes still scratch his face, but no bleeding as he seems to know not to scratch too hard.... I would cut his nails short.... and nv poke his nose again, juz touch the nose hole with his fingers haha, i guess he learns his lesson...

NIisme

I just felt that should cut the baby's finger nails EVERY two - three days.
The nails really growing fast.