When to inform frens and family your are pregnant?

cherishbebe

hee hee... i also quite pantang... didn't inform anybody except my parents and hubby of course until after 3 months....

i think the pantang thing is baby inside your stomach is very 'xiao qi'... they dun want u to talk about them... n also becoz of any miscarriage in case...

but after 3 months must tell, so that people dun scare u unnecessarily... ironic yeah... :tlaugh:
MY fren baby oso. She had 2 MC b4, they said it is bcos bb 'xiao qi'
so now she is preggy, she keep from us as long as possible, though her tummy show fast, when we ask her, she only smile smile.. We din say much too.

Agnes Josephine

I told my dh, parents, mil & my friends when I'm like 2+months preggie, cuz I only found out that time... To me, I'm not a pantang person... I'm just like babypris86...

quoted from babypris86:

"cuz i am some one who believe there is always a reason behind things"

To me is, if it's mine, it's mine. If it's not mine, then I gladly accept it. 是我的,就是我的. 不是我的,就不是我的.

my 1st child, I informed my parents once my hus & I found out that I'm preggy.
Didnt let frenz knw until they saw me, with a big tummy ;)

for my 2nd child, I let my parents & frenz knw once I knw I'm pregnant... :)

My mum adviced me not to tell... until everything is stable which I presume is after the 12th week. One thing for sure can't let my father in law know cos he will for sure announce to the whole world lol... so only my dad, mum and hubby's mum know... These plp can keep secret lol...

MummyGrace

I get 2 know when i pregnant the day b4 i went bangkok, and 1 week later i even australia. i was so scare that time even thinking of not going australia. Onli tell my family and close frens until 3 mths den annouce out, can say tat i am pantang coz 1st preg. mah, scare... hehe

zichao81

Alpha Male
Gynae told us not say untill 12 weeks later.. he more pan tang than us.. we only told our families and very close friends and my wife's supervisor. So she wont task her too many taxing works..hehe

Pregnant Daddy

JenLee98

1st person told hubby. Gynae said need to do more tests for down's .... so only told my mom at 2+mths, DH's parents much later. But surprisingly they can guess as DD1 already sucking her thumb (something she has not done b4) ?! :elvis: so accurate meh ? The elders believe the 1st child behaving like a baby means mummy preggy liao ..... :tlaugh:

Mrs Xie

I think there is already a thread for this topic. But anyway, just to share mine. Hubby was the first to know at my 2nd week of pregnancy, parents were informed after a month, friends knew after the 4th month...... I'm also abit superstitious lah... just for the sake of wellness... :001_302:

Hi,

Most chinese believe you can't tell people you are pregnant till you are at least 12 weeks, how many of you follow that? And when do you tell people you are pregnant?

For me when i cfm pregnancy i told my IL & my parent only... ...den for close fren i only inform when my tummy is obvious.

For me.. only told my mum initially.. then my sis asked.. so she's number 2.. We tell my MIL after 8 weeks.. I hope to hide from FIL as long as pooisble, cos he will spread.. When we 1st got married.. He went around spreading I was pregnant when I not.. weird.. only until my 10 weeks, then my colleagues know.. cos already showing...

Ah Cheng

I told my mum and in-laws the day i know I am pregnant.
I think the elders also know cannot go and tell others.

I also told my boss cos I was supposed to go for oversea buying trip.
So no choice got to tell my boss. And my boss hold a internal dept meeting (which is only 8 of us) and inform the team I am expecting.
She said I cannot be the one informing them, but she can tell the rest loh.

Her intention is good lah, cos she is worried the girls in my team is quite rough, will hit and bang each other (like playing ard). But she told the team not to tell others lah.

So conclusion is only tell those close to you and can be trusted!

aries80

I told my mum and in-laws the day i know I am pregnant.
I think the elders also know cannot go and tell others.

I also told my boss cos I was supposed to go for oversea buying trip.
So no choice got to tell my boss. And my boss hold a internal dept meeting (which is only 8 of us) and inform the team I am expecting.
She said I cannot be the one informing them, but she can tell the rest loh.

Her intention is good lah, cos she is worried the girls in my team is quite rough, will hit and bang each other (like playing ard). But she told the team not to tell others lah.

So conclusion is only tell those close to you and can be trusted!

I told my hubby and my parents after knowing that I'm pregnant. Thereafter my boss and friends. Yet to tell my parents in law till now, wait until the scan for the down syndrome first which is another month away... :)

January84

told my dad and MIL on the day i knew. ..

only informed my boss when got HL for 6 weeks. . then my whole dept know . . .
cant hide..

LSmummy

i told my close friends and parent once i tested +ve which is 5 weeks+
at least they know im preggy and will take extra care of me. hee~
as for colleagues, they had to know cause im was on MC for 2 weeks due to spotting.

badtzzz

told my parents once found out is +ve in abt 5 wks....
told my close friends once cfm the results with gynae...
then pj leader and team mates the very next week cos im suppose to travel after which...haiz..ended up nv travel...kind of disappointed..
hopefully, my hubby will compensate a trip for me to europe..

two_cute_babies

I broke the news to very close relatives only, and the others got to know only after first trimester. Well, not superstitious though, but I rather play safe.

CanCanMum

1st 1 to noe besides hubby is my mum, other than that is my boss...then no 1 else already....unless friends call me then i will tell them...

caramelle

hi all, i took a test 3 days ago and the result was a faint pink line. was wondering if it was because i bought a "cheap" test kit? do you think i should do a retest with another kit or confirm through a gynae?

i should be at 5 weeks now so doctor should be able to confirm right?

for now, i only told hubby. my mum also potential to tell all my aunts and cousins! so better keep it low for now until confirmed pregnant and make her promise not to tell until after 12 weeks.

like some of you, i also read that in the first 12 weeks there is a high chance of miscarriage.

quite new to this, so nice to know there's a "support group" here :Dancing_wub:

CanCanMum

whether faint or strong line, cheap or expensive test kit if positive it means there is possibility....

actually i read test kits can pick up preg from 3weeks... i think so...or earlier....coz our blood stream will release some hormones 12days after conceived....so tat the test kits will pick up tat hormone in our urine....faint line means less....normally the presence of tat hormone is at most first thing in the morning when we wake up. I did mine at 6weeks, oso faint line coz i did at night....then see my GP at 6weeks to confirm pregnancy, started pre-natal checkups after 8weeks.

caramelle

Thanks CanCanMum...I was wondering if 6 weeks too early to go see gynae..so maybe i will do like you. see GP first then start antenatal after that.