When u started to give ur child food with taste

lisa_ng

i think 8mos can give a little sugar & salt to their food but not too much as they might not be able to handle.
but till now i haven't give salt yet. but sweet stuffs once in a while.
usually fruits as they have natural sugar contents which it ok to baby. :)

MummyGrace

If can, try 2 to above 1 yr old. Or you u wan, u can giv goat milk sweets. It is better, with calcium, iron and others vitamins. Some says that babies under 1, their kidneys still cant reject salts yet.

Mrs Xie

Would give my dd something sweet when she reach about 9mths old and as for salty food, I think would give her as late as possible. :001_302:

stonston

artificalli flavoured food should be given AFTER FIVE YEARS OLD...

but if u wanna give after 1yo, u gotta proceed with caution...

i'm gonna delay as far as possible...there r many other ways of making food tasty without using artificial flavouring like salt, sugar n MSG...

maine78

Since 9mths. My ds super fussy eater so marmite/soya sauce hv to be added in his porriage. Sweet, sour, bitter, i just let him lick to hv the taste. Was hoping he'll be excited with tasting those flavours n noe tat eating is fun n eat faster during his meals. Hvn't give salt n MSG yet

Amulet

i think after 1 yr old ba.. my friend's baby bro, now 15 months, already eatin fries, nuggets, and curry chicken le..

maMaSan

Ds1 had very healthy food for the first 2 years of his life - ate rice cakes unsalted, etc whilst Ds2 was introduced to the lesser healthy stuff rather earlier on due to influence from kor-kor.... after 1yr?

CanCanMum

:sayangbaby:after eating out lor. He realised that so food can be so 'tasty' and then he will request for food with taste. But i usually hold back on the salt, just a little tiny bit will do. Thats around 1 year plus.

vonn81

hi just started giving my dd heinz rice cereal with bm...6 days le...so when can i replace that meal to just rice cereal only no need to feed bm after eating, how many teaspoons?? she taking 3 teaspoons today with thicker mix. how long should i feed her with rice cereal?? fruit puree when to start? porridge?? when to give 2 meals of semi solid?? sorry so many qns...hehe

CanCanMum

maybe u can monitor her poo to see if the consistency of the cereal mix is ok 4 her? If hard stools then more water, if soft stools then thicker and so on. For me i gave him during tea break only, breaky, lunch and dinner will still be FM/BM. U can introduce fruit puree already, but dun give orange hor. Bananas, apples etc will be good enough. I only replaced one meal when i feed him porridge becoz its more filling. That was around 8-9 months period. Before that all rice cereals.

vonn81

maybe u can monitor her poo to see if the consistency of the cereal mix is ok 4 her? If hard stools then more water, if soft stools then thicker and so on. For me i gave him during tea break only, breaky, lunch and dinner will still be FM/BM. U can introduce fruit puree already, but dun give orange hor. Bananas, apples etc will be good enough. I only replaced one meal when i feed him porridge becoz its more filling. That was around 8-9 months period. Before that all rice cereals.
ai yo luckily u mentioned...my dd today no poo poo leh..think mayb the consistency of the cereal too thick liao ah...i'll monitor tomorrow again.and mayb dont make it too thick. usually how many teaspoons?? do i need to increase?? then if give fruit puree then no need to give rice cereal that day?thanks