When's the best time to start shopping for ur newborn?

norfen

Don't wanna be too hasty, but at the same time I want to know if its the right time to recce for baby stuffs, now that I'm in my 2oth week. Stuff like the baby cot, baby wipes etc.. what do u mommies think? :err:

CanCanMum

20th week = around 5months right???

do u noe the gender oreadi? Its never early or late thing coz some parents started buying as soon as they conceived!!! Its a joy thing! U can start shopping around and see which are the good brands to invest in.

For me the best milk bottle ever invested in is AVENT milk bottles, lasted for 2 whole good years! V durable.:Dancing_wub:

ermmm....for me i din really shop for anything myself coz i leave it to my experienced cousin to buy for me... they gave me as a gift - only bou during 3rd trimester, almost nearing birth. But i bou my own sarong, baby carrier and pram....tat was during confinement....i went to buy when i went for 12 days checkup after birth....:tlaugh:

January84

for cot, prams I bot in 2nd trimester and ask delivery 3 weeks before EDD.

for those cash and carry types I bot in early 3rd trimester cos my house is small, so donno cramp my house buying so early.

HOWEVER, i started on clothes shoppin once i knew I +ve. hahaha, bot non-colors clothes (white, yellow) until gender annouce and buy the coloured ones (pink/blue)

but, its joy, fun, excitement buying those cute little stuff!

there is no too early or too late, if u feel like buying just go ahead!

norfen

for cot, prams I bot in 2nd trimester and ask delivery 3 weeks before EDD.

for those cash and carry types I bot in early 3rd trimester cos my house is small, so donno cramp my house buying so early.

HOWEVER, i started on clothes shoppin once i knew I +ve. hahaha, bot non-colors clothes (white, yellow) until gender annouce and buy the coloured ones (pink/blue)

but, its joy, fun, excitement buying those cute little stuff!

there is no too early or too late, if u feel like buying just go ahead!
I'm carrying a baby girl. =)
i have to restrain myself from grabbing every cute dress that i see!
i think i'm going to start looking for cots first... dunno if i'm getting a baby cot or a co-sleeper, though.

Catty

I'm now in my 18th weeks and i already bought a baby car seats, lots of clothes, milk bottle's and many other small items as there's too much sales which all the price is too tempting.. :001_302:

As for big items like baby bed, pram all this i usually will buy it during 3rd trimester.

Mostly likely will choose Playpen rather than baby cot as playpen is more safer for infant/toddler as all surrounding is soft, can be folded and hand carry everywhere u want. :Dancing_tongue:

For myself, this is the first baby, of course very excited and tempted to SHOP!

But at the same time, as this was unplanned pregnancy, hubby & I need to be careful with our spendings lor. We wanted a playpen becos its cheaper but a friend of relative gave us a 2nd hand wooden cot...no complaints! So I alr got my cot only when I was 17 weeks preg! hahaha.

As for clothes, I started buying with the recent sales, knowing that I'm having a boy! so can hold back with the urge to buy those extra cute items, cos usually its for gals ! :Dancing_wub:

Pram/strollers and carseats, I am looking at different models and I suppose I will only throw the money into that in my final trimester lor... I feel that some things if we buy now, also will become "dusty"
and we will never know if there is a better sale to come...hahaha

norfen

what do u mommies think of co-sleeper as opposed to cots? i was thinking since i'm staying with my in-laws, better get a co-sleeper instead of a cot. reason being so, room will be cramped with baby wardrobe etc. and cot better buy when i get my own place in future. also, if at night need to b/f, i just need to roll over to my side, and there will be my baby. =p

anyone knows the place selling co-sleepers?

Cheyenne

Hi Moms,
I considering a baby cot from IKEA, cheaper and smaller to fit into cramped bedroom. Any moms have one ? Is it durable like those in Kiddy palace ?

jojoki

I'm 30weeks.. have bought mainly clothes...bought too many rompers i think. Cos i failed to remember its easier to put on kimonos /vest on newborns than rompers. I've like 14 newborn rompers from mothercare. And although everyone tells me not to buy too many clothes as ppl will be giving.. I've unfortunately not receive any old baby clothes offerings from any friends or relatives other than one of my cousin who's done with having babies (she has 3 princesses). But the clothes are relatively worn out and most are for much older babies. Most of peers just had their firstborns and are keeping it for their second ones.

I've bought bath w stand, moses basket w stand, bumbo seat w tray, baby bouncer, whole range of mustela toileteries, one month supply of newborn diapers, muslin, etc etc now left with only bottle steriliser, baby carrier, stroller and cot mainly. I shall wait until my last 2 weeks before gettin it.

Loved every single minute of shopping for my little one. Cant wait to hold her and kiss her!!

wawa

Hi Moms,
I considering a baby cot from IKEA, cheaper and smaller to fit into cramped bedroom. Any moms have one ? Is it durable like those in Kiddy palace ?
I used to have 1 from ikea, like 5-6 years ago. It cost me around $200, I don't dare to buy a too cheap cot as it shake quite a bit. It last me for 4 years till my girl unable to sleep in it and it still looks as good as new when I threw it away.

Intending to buy another cot from ikea this time round, the $279 cot if you have already went there to view. =)

badtzzz

Hi Moms,
yea..i hve one..it's white in colour....i find it reasonable for e price...only thingy is e bedsheet hve to get frm ikea...so far so gd as i hve been using it for 2 mths liao...i bought it cos the bed height can be adjustable unlike those sold in kiddy palace...

Last edited:

Ah Cheng

I think you can start buying bit by bit.
You can buy the baby cot and ask them to deliver when baby is almost due (1 month before due).

As for the rest, many 8-9month then buy also can. Not during last month cos you might be too tired to travel around already.

SH74

i think best is during 2nd tri. 1st tri v risky 'cause foetus still not fragile. 3rd tri too tiring 'cause tummy vvv big n heavy.

I'm 30weeks.. have bought mainly clothes...bought too many rompers i think. Cos i failed to remember its easier to put on kimonos /vest on newborns than rompers. I've like 14 newborn rompers from mothercare. And although everyone tells me not to buy too many clothes as ppl will be giving.. I've unfortunately not receive any old baby clothes offerings from any friends or relatives other than one of my cousin who's done with having babies (she has 3 princesses). But the clothes are relatively worn out and most are for much older babies. Most of peers just had their firstborns and are keeping it for their second ones.

I've bought bath w stand, moses basket w stand, bumbo seat w tray, baby bouncer, whole range of mustela toileteries, one month supply of newborn diapers, muslin, etc etc now left with only bottle steriliser, baby carrier, stroller and cot mainly. I shall wait until my last 2 weeks before gettin it.

Loved every single minute of shopping for my little one. Cant wait to hold her and kiss her!!
14 rompers?! What size did you buy? Actually bb outgrow the newborn sizes very quickly.Within 2 mths size 0-3 mth won't fit. Sizing u see on the tag usually is not accurate. Better to buy bigger.
I bought a 3-6mth dress and when bb was 3 mth, she couldn't wear it!

Maybe you may want to get a swaddling blanket. Easier to swaddle bb and they tend to feel more secure and will sleep better :)
May want to buy this book too.. i found it useful :
Amazon.com: Secrets of the Baby Whisperer: How to Calm, Connect, and Communicate with Your Baby: Tracy Hogg, Melinda Blau: Books

babycow

I plan to start shopping for my baby after the 20th week FA scan.That's what my gynecologist suggests to me. I've chosen some place to shop such as Kiddy palace,mothercare and bayby's kingdom. Ha ha, can't wait for shopping time. Hope that my baby is heathy!

CarolOng

hi mummies,

Just sharing!!!

JL is having their expo sale & there are quite alot of baby stuffs on sale.

I've bought the cot from them during the last sale. Super great deal. $299 for a cot + 4" mattress + a musical toys + 3pcs bed set + a pram. Currently their deal excludes the pram.

:Dancing_wub:

CarolOng

Hi jojoki,

may i know where did you bought yr moses basket w stand & how much did u pay?

thanks in advance :001_302:

norfen

hi mummies,

Just sharing!!!

JL is having their expo sale & there are quite alot of baby stuffs on sale.

I've bought the cot from them during the last sale. Super great deal. $299 for a cot + 4" mattress + a musical toys + 3pcs bed set + a pram. Currently their deal excludes the pram.

:Dancing_wub:

JL is having their expo sale at the moment issit?