Whether to try natural or go straight for C-sect?...

rEpuLsiOn

Hi all mummies, have been a silent reader all along.. Just visited my gynae few days back.. And he mentioned that my pelvic bone might be too small but baby to be delivered naturally as baby is quite big. So he advise us to go for c-sect, as he is worried that after hours of pain and then in the end have to do emergency c-sect.. Will have to let him know my decision by next visit..

Would like to ask mummies here if I plan to go for natural and end up with emergency c-sect will I get charges extra? And also any mummies with the above situation gives birth naturally?

Thanks.....

mrswan

U will be charge on using labour ward n if any medication, not the package stated in their brochures :)

mskyliee

My friend has small pelvic bone and the doc suggested c-sect too, but my friend didn't want too. So the doc suggested to her to have a smaller baby if she wants to go natural. The baby was nearly 3kg when born and The doc had to use vacuum to suck out the baby.

So it's all up to u, u have got to prepare for the worst. Tho some people wouldn't want to go thru the pain if they knew there is a possibility for c-sect

rellako

My first child was 3.86kg when born. Like you, gynae advice us on c-sec. But I'm keen to try on natural delivery. I ended up with natural delivery, with vacuum.

Yes, u will be charged for both natural and csec cost.

tealeaf

It depends. My friend delivered at Thomson and she told me that she was charged for the natural delivery procedures and c-section. My friend delivered at Mt A also ended up with the same situation. Both of them used epidural at first, so maybe that's the cause of high expenses (epidural, anesthetist, etc).

When I was on hospital tour at TMC, they told me they only charged the end procedures, so if you choose to deliver naturally but end up with c-section, they will charge c-section procedures.

rEpuLsiOn

I am trying to read more information on c-sect.. Will check with my gynae on the next visit with regards to the charges.. Thinking of it is making me scared..

climsp

I just give birth recently by emergency csection after long hr of induce. I onli dilate 4cm. I took epidural at the very last 2 hr. but due to baby too big 3.56kg at birth, I nvr dilate, birth canal too narrow for baby. His head got struck. Gynea direct ask for csection giving me no choice to chose! Anyway I nvr regret trying! Onli feel stupid to endure all the contraction pain for more then 8hr! I delivery at mount a, onli charged on csection n op theater! I stay at 2 bedded! For the upfront I have already pay 1.8k cash for baby n mine. Just received baby final bill - 1.3k. My final bill will have to wait. If can deduct by Medisave. then onli pay 1.8k lo. My gynea fee is 1.7k he onli charge on csection. Think is best to ask gynea will he charge double. For TMC if I not wrg they will charge on delivery ward n op theater in this case.

Alisa

from what my friend told me, she delivered in Thomson and was charged both natural & imediately c-sec, that was about 2-3 yrs ago. no sure about now.

i went for c-sec cuz i have low laying placenta but my gynae say can try natural birth, which my husband and me decided c-sec instead cuz we know that i have not been able to exercise throughout my preg due to low laying placenta, if i were to go ahead with natural birth, i may not be able to have to strength or even my pelvic may not open up cuz i injured my pelvic in an accident yrs ago.

the process may feel scary but i felt very relax! baby was out of me within 15 mins! then only pain is a day after the operation and that last about 6 days and i am ok le.

rEpuLsiOn

I will be visiting my gynae this coming thurs.. Will be checking with him on the charges.. Hubby and I have more or less decided to go ahead with csect.. Will update you guys again when I go for my appointment.. =]

I'm facing the same dilemma too..

My gynae also proposed i just do a csect because i'm pretty petite in size (height 142, weigh before preg 37.7kg). She scared that the baby might be too big to be delivered in normal delivery.

But i so wanted to try on normal delivery. I'll be delivering at Thomson too. As far as i know they will charge double (normal and csect) if you wanna try normal but ended up emergency csect. However, we calculated the price diff is like more exp few hundreds bucks (not until 1k) if i not mistaken.

Now the thing is, i'm on my 24wks now and my bump looks like kinda small thus giving me more confidence to have it done normal. During my last visit (20 wks) to the gynae, the baby's weight seemed normal (325gr). I'll be going for my next visit to the gynae soon, and i plan to tell her that i'm pretty confirm on trying out normal delivery.

both me and hubby plan that if on around 38weeks, she keep suggesting csect instead, i will go and see other gynae to have second opinion.

Btw, is it bad to deliver normal with vacuum? I thought if the baby is big, even if u do it csect, the doc also will use vacuum to suck it??

Eliza

Hi all mummies, have been a silent reader all along.. Just visited my gynae few days back.. And he mentioned that my pelvic bone might be too small but baby to be delivered naturally as baby is quite big. So he advise us to go for c-sect, as he is worried that after hours of pain and then in the end have to do emergency c-sect.. Will have to let him know my decision by next visit..

Would like to ask mummies here if I plan to go for natural and end up with emergency c-sect will I get charges extra? And also any mummies with the above situation gives birth naturally?

Thanks.....
Just follow what your gynae says and don't take any chances. I have small pelvic bone too and my baby weighs 3.5kg at 36 weeks. I experienced labour pain (though pple says that first born usually takes longer to be born) exactly at 37 weeks and was pushed into labour ward, ended up after two induction, I have to had an emergency c-section coz I wasn't dilating that much. The costs will include the number of days in the delivery ward, the pills to induced and any extras and of course the emergency c-section named as LCSC (i think). The total costs will be alot more than just scheduled c-section.

Eliza

I'm facing the same dilemma too..

My gynae also proposed i just do a csect because i'm pretty petite in size (height 142, weigh before preg 37.7kg). She scared that the baby might be too big to be delivered in normal delivery.

But i so wanted to try on normal delivery. I'll be delivering at Thomson too. As far as i know they will charge double (normal and csect) if you wanna try normal but ended up emergency csect. However, we calculated the price diff is like more exp few hundreds bucks (not until 1k) if i not mistaken.

Now the thing is, i'm on my 24wks now and my bump looks like kinda small thus giving me more confidence to have it done normal. During my last visit (20 wks) to the gynae, the baby's weight seemed normal (325gr). I'll be going for my next visit to the gynae soon, and i plan to tell her that i'm pretty confirm on trying out normal delivery.

both me and hubby plan that if on around 38weeks, she keep suggesting csect instead, i will go and see other gynae to have second opinion.

Btw, is it bad to deliver normal with vacuum? I thought if the baby is big, even if u do it csect, the doc also will use vacuum to suck it??
When doing c-section, the doctor will not use vacuum. Instead the anesthesiologist who helped inject the epidural will help the gynae to pushed the baby from the top out from your tummy. You will feel a huge relief coz it's like the weight literally is gone from your tummy..ha..ha.. =D

One of my friend is also as petite as you but the babies are like their daddy... rather tall. Do suggest you go for c-sect as what she did. =)

When doing c-section, the doctor will not use vacuum. Instead the anesthesiologist who helped inject the epidural will help the gynae to pushed the baby from the top out from your tummy. You will feel a huge relief coz it's like the weight literally is gone from your tummy..ha..ha.. =D

One of my friend is also as petite as you but the babies are like their daddy... rather tall. Do suggest you go for c-sect as what she did. =)

I was thinking that if the baby is not more than 3kg, i will still try for normal. Not sure for my size, is <3kg still considered as big or not. My colleague who is also as small size as me, delivered her 2kids normal with both of them weighing 3kg too. I actually found my confidence from her too.. hahhaha..

BUt then again, why is it like a bad thing if the doctor vacuum the baby out?? is there some risk involved for the baby?

Alisa

u can feel ya? i cannot feel anything and don even know baby is out till i saw my gynae hold my baby to my husband. hahah...

Eliza

you can feel ya? i cannot feel anything and dont even know baby is out till i saw my gynae hold my baby to my husband. hahah...
My baby was too big for my size (he is long) so I think his feet was actually pushing against my chest bone. It's quite uncomfortable for a few days already. So when he was pushed out, I can actually feel the relieve from my chest bone. =) Anyway, my gynae also says that thankfully my baby is over 3kg at 37 weeks and also that I'm in labour at 37 weeks coz there is no room for him to grow in me. =p Somehow from the start my gynae is very determine that my boy must be over 3kg before he is born. I find it weird coz my sister's and my friends kids were born at 2.5kg at around 39 to 40 weeks. Well, it all depends on the gynae as long as the baby is healthy. =)

chiro san

I have cephalopelvic too, delivered via c sect. Opt for spinal block which is better. It's better to opt for c section for our case, firstly, you wouldn't want to traumatize yourself, going thru forcep/vacuum and eventually c sect. And the cost incurred will be hefty if you go into emergency c sect after failed vaginal delivery.
My word of advise is to get off bed ASAP, move around the ward after c sect. You will manage very well. It wasnt very painful, just slight uncomfort at the incision site.

I have cephalopelvic too, delivered via c sect. Opt for spinal block which is better. It's better to opt for c section for our case, firstly, you wouldn't want to traumatize yourself, going thru forcep/vacuum and eventually c sect. And the cost incurred will be hefty if you go into emergency c sect after failed vaginal delivery.
My word of advise is to get off bed ASAP, move around the ward after c sect. You will manage very well. It wasnt very painful, just slight uncomfort at the incision site.

sorry, but what's cephalopelvic ??