Whether to try natural or go straight for C-sect?...

Hi there. I am petite as well. I am 1.5m n weight at 39kg before got pregnant. I gain 20kg during my pregnancy. My baby girl born at 3.28kg. And its natural birth. The pain lasted for only 1 half hr. It was very easy to give birth to her. Well my advise drink more juices n try to walk alot. It helps.
Waww.. u filled me with more confidence.. hehehe..

What juices do you drink often? Did u use any epi during labor? how long was the whole labor lasted?

CutieLya

cutielya, what juices r good? thanks!

my mum was around 1.46m, 46kg before pregnant, max 56kg when having me, and gave birth to me natural birth, i was over 4kg when born >< i totally totally salute my mum!! now i scared my own baby also giant bb like me >< although now i'm way bigger size than my mum was... 29 weeks and already 70kg now...
Any juice is good for us. Make it a habit, try to drink everyday or atleast twice per week. Best is pure juices, eg like apple juice or orange juice.

As for myself, my mom made me squeeze carrot n green apple for me. This means u need a fruit blender. At work I bought myself freshly squeeze dragon fruits mixed with some other fruits from Booster. Can't help i lurve all the fresh juice though its cold.

And yes.. Do alot of walking... I went shopping by myself even at 40weeks n walked the whole of vivocity weighing at 60kg. Haha..

CutieLya

Hi there. I am petite as well. I am 1.5m n weight at 39kg before got pregnant. I gain 20kg during my pregnancy. My baby girl born at 3.28kg. And its natural birth. The pain lasted for only 1 half hr. It was very easy to give birth to her. Well my advise drink more juices n try to walk alot. It helps.
Waww.. u filled me with more confidence.. hehehe..

What juices do you drink often? Did u use any epi during labor? how long was the whole labor lasted?
I had alot of cold drinks actually. Ppl said don't drink cold drinks much but I did. I prefered juices. Everyday i had fresh juices.

I was induced. Didn't have much pain till given the 2nd pill. I had contractions at 1pm but it was more like small menses cramp. The actual pain started at 3pm. Then suddenly i felt a gush of water on my ward bed. Asked for the nurse n they checked me to labour ward, that was 3.30pm. On the way down, I felt like shitting.. Told the nurse she said ok.

Upon reaching the pain killing me, midwive checked, only 4cm.. I was like.. Should i take epi or not? Delivery ward doc keep asking whether I want epidural.. I keep my mindset to be strong n endure a bit longer.. I was already pushing n pushing on my own with the help of my midwife. Then she checked again, 7cm just within 10mins.
My gynae came n I need one push n another push, baby out like water. Haha, gynae said very good, fast.. By then it's 4.53pm, my baby girl is born.

I had alot of cold drinks actually. Ppl said don't drink cold drinks much but I did. I prefered juices. Everyday i had fresh juices.

I was induced. Didn't have much pain till given the 2nd pill. I had contractions at 1pm but it was more like small menses cramp. The actual pain started at 3pm. Then suddenly i felt a gush of water on my ward bed. Asked for the nurse n they checked me to labour ward, that was 3.30pm. On the way down, I felt like shitting.. Told the nurse she said ok.

Upon reaching the pain killing me, midwive checked, only 4cm.. I was like.. Should i take epi or not? Delivery ward doc keep asking whether I want epidural.. I keep my mindset to be strong n endure a bit longer.. I was already pushing n pushing on my own with the help of my midwife. Then she checked again, 7cm just within 10mins.
My gynae came n I need one push n another push, baby out like water. Haha, gynae said very good, fast.. By then it's 4.53pm, my baby girl is born.
WOw... that's really fast!! And this is your first child??

I've heard stories that mentioned walking a lot during the last month to make the labor easier and faster. But werent ur legs feel like breaking?? I walked around the baby fair for around 6 hours without sitting down and i feel like my legs gonna just break off on me.. And that time, i was only about 20 wks if i not wrong..

Dragontail

Sometimes nature call is something beyond our control. My girlfriend walked a lot at her last trimester (daily to and fro work, skipped a couple of bus stops) because she wanted to go natural. Alas she couldn’t dilate enough and had to go c-sect. She was disappointed.

lsy

Mummies who exercise a lot usually have faster delivery. If u ask 10 salesperson who doesn't get to sit much at work and walk a lot, I bet most of them have short labour.
Dragontail I think ur friend should not be disappointed. Most important is both mum n baby is safe and healthy. Was she induced? Usually induced will be more painful. Most of the time end up c-sect.

CutieLya

WOw... that's really fast!! And this is your first child??

I've heard stories that mentioned walking a lot during the last month to make the labor easier and faster. But werent ur legs feel like breaking?? I walked around the baby fair for around 6 hours without sitting down and i feel like my legs gonna just break off on me.. And that time, i was only about 20 wks if i not wrong..
Hmm. I love shopping so even at begining of preg I walked alot. Didn't wait till last month. Almost every month atleast every of my off day, I do shopping (walking alot). Haha can't resist.

Ya, when your tummy gets bigger, u feel more tired.. So What I do is, after half an hr or walking I make sure I sit down for 10mins or till I rested and continue walking n shopping. U can have a snack while resting, give u the energy. Haha

rEpuLsiOn

Hi mummies.. Baby is already delivered through c-sect.. Delivered at 3.5kg at 37 weeks. Supposed to be on the 28th June then check up on the 21st June, gynae say that blood pressure too high have to go for emergency c-sect.. Will be discharge together with baby tomorrow.. Hehes..

Hi mummies.. Baby is already delivered through c-sect.. Delivered at 3.5kg at 37 weeks. Supposed to be on the 28th June then check up on the 21st June, gynae say that blood pressure too high have to go for emergency c-sect.. Will be discharge together with baby tomorrow.. Hehes..

Congrats on ur newborn!! U have high blood pressure? my gynae told me that high blood pressure during pregnancy can cause the baby to be smaller, but apparently it doesnt apply in your case. 3.5kg on 37 weeks is like so big alrd.. if u waited until full term of 40wks, maybe it will be more than 4kg.. ^^

rEpuLsiOn

I only had high blood pressure At week 36 & 37.. Sudden increase in blood pressure.. That's why doctor is worried about baby..

Thanks everyone for the wishes.. Struggling to stabilize BM flow now., =]

rEpuLsiOn

I did put on the abdominal bind.. It actually helps when I need to get up and walk.. Will be better if you get yr gynae to put it on straight after the c-sect..

Hi,

Better to wear the abdominal binder, it protects your wound and and helps get your tummy back in shape! used it for 1 week ish after delivery, except on those days when the jamu lady comes and wraps for me

Hi,

Better to wear the abdominal binder, it protects your wound and and helps get your tummy back in shape! used it for 1 week ish after delivery, except on those days when the jamu lady comes and wraps for me

May i know where do you buy your binder? And how much was it? Is it easy to wear it ourselves?

Dragontail

A bit out of topic if you dont mind.... jamu lady is to do massage after labour? With c-sect, the massage is still possible? I thought massage is ok only for natural. Thanks.

PetPet

Check with gynae whether when is the safer period to have the massage after c sec. Most ppl said shld be at least after 3 weeks then only can massage. But not sure by tht time will it be still effective for tht or not?

babyIsaac

hi. for mummies who went thru csec..how was ur recovery experience like? tdy is my second day..yest day was op n I still wasnt coping v well. felt breathless when i tried getting up to walk n haven dared to bathe yet...also dare not bend or stretch my tummy too much. ss a result felt that i was able to bf bb as well n felt rather guilty..sigh

climsp

Wat my gynae say to me is 2nd day walk slow 3rd normal but slow, by 4th will be normal. Try to walk bit by bit everyday. The more u dun dare to walk, u will take longer time to recover. I cry on the 2nd day when get up but hubby n nurse help me. By 3rd day I carry bb n bf myself w/o help. Btw dun bath w/o help. In case fall down. I bath after i discharge. Only wipe myself. Dun bend or squat. Will make the opening scar bigger like worm. Take care

Last edited: