Which baby cereal?

leefionyap

My ger is turning 6 mth soon and is going to start on cereal. Can mummies tell me which brand and which type of cereal are you giving your baby? can also tell why you feeding bb that brand?

Too many type of cereal in the market, dun know which one is good.

When feeding bb cereal, do i need to give her some pureed?

Is brown rice a must? When do bb start taking brown rice?

Domique

I feed alaric with heinz as its sugar free. and i may be switching to healthy times as its organic. Wanna try brown rice one.

check them out
http://www.healthytimes.sg/

My ger is turning 6 month soon and is going to start on cereal. Can mummies tell me which brand and which type of cereal are you giving your baby? can also tell why you feeding baby that brand?

Too many type of cereal in the market, dont know which one is good.

When feeding baby cereal, do i need to give her some pureed?

Is brown rice a must? When do baby start taking brown rice?

redjn

my boy started on white rice & brown rice cereal (Nestle) when he was 5 mths old. at 6 mths I switch to Rabbit brand Brown rice as they comes with various type of favours like, herbs / ikanbilis etc...

I dont feed my boy with bottle food not that i dont trust them but still finds that freshly cook stuff is better.

snowbear

My ger is turning 6 month soon and is going to start on cereal. Can mummies tell me which brand and which type of cereal are you giving your baby? can also tell why you feeding baby that brand?

Too many type of cereal in the market, dont know which one is good.

When feeding baby cereal, do i need to give her some pureed?

Is brown rice a must? When do baby start taking brown rice?
I gave my dear daughter Healthy Times cereal. They have barley, oatmeal, brown rice (all three mentioned earlier are for 6months and above) and mixed grain (only after 8 months). It's organic and no sugar added. She's eaten all of them but she likes oatmeal best (very fragrant).

Once your dear daughter has gotten used to eating semisolid food, you can start trying out some veg and fruit purees (wait 3-4days after introducing each new food in case your bb's allergic to the food). After that, you can mix the veg/fruit purees with the cereal.

Brown rice is not a must but it's good to intro your baby to it. :)

Domique

Alaric loves sweet potatoe puree with cereal. carrots puree too!

I gave my dear daughter Healthy Times cereal. They have barley, oatmeal, brown rice (all three mentioned earlier are for 6months and above) and mixed grain (only after 8 months). It's organic and no sugar added. She's eaten all of them but she likes oatmeal best (very fragrant).

Once your dear daughter has gotten used to eating semisolid food, you can start trying out some veg and fruit purees (wait 3-4days after introducing each new food in case your baby's allergic to the food). After that, you can mix the veg/fruit purees with the cereal.

Brown rice is not a must but it's good to intro your baby to it. :)

annie

sweet potatoes dosent cause gas in alicia and alaric? i dunno my girl likes or not cos so far she dosent show her preference of food..

i dun buy bb food thus no brands to share hehe. i buy those brown rice, barley, etc from normal supermarkets n then grind them up into powder with a miller then cook cereal for her.. never bought any bb food before...

brown rice is not a must but its a good food cos its rich in vit n min compare to white rice. i buy normal brown rice from supermarket..

for puree, i give my girl only 1mth(6mths old to 7mths old). puree fruits n veg.. after 7mths i simply mashed up..then at 8mths i cut into tiny cubes or chop for her...

Domique

but hor i haven't cook the real thing ley. i buy bottled heinz and healthy times.

bad n lazy mummy - haven't buy the grater and sieve thing to puree one.

he got sweet tooth lar must be the chocs i took during pregnancy

that's good! Told you that he'd surely love sweet potatoes.. :)

Domique

no preference is good. means she eat anything... my alaric not the case..
sad:embarrassed:

sweet potatoes dosent cause gas in alicia and alaric? i dont know my girl likes or not cos so far she dosent show her preference of food..

i dont buy baby food thus no brands to share hehe. i buy those brown rice, barley, etc from normal supermarkets and then grind them up into powder with a miller then cook cereal for her.. never bought any baby food before...

brown rice is not a must but its a good food cos its rich in vit and min compare to white rice. i buy normal brown rice from supermarket..

for puree, i give my girl only 1mth(6mths old to 7mths old). puree fruits and veg.. after 7mths i simply mashed up..then at 8mths i cut into tiny cubes or chop for her...

annie

at the moment only hor.. when they get older.. might not be the case lol. later this dun wan that dun wan.. hope she become like hubby. not picky. im super picky.. lol. like me then die.

snowbear

at the moment only .. when they get older.. might not be the case lol. later this dont want that dont want.. hope she become like hubby. not picky. im super picky.. lol. like me then die.
My alicia already super picky! Before 9 months old she was fine... sigh...

Anyway, so far alicia doesn't react badly to sweet potatoes...

Last edited:

annie

picky from 9mths old? hmm.. my girl coming 9mths! dangerous zone hehe. well i think the older they get the better they are at telling their preference thats y..

my girl so far even if she fusses at meals, once the spoon reach her she will open mouth n eat.. so i also dunno she full or not. i give her till she stop opening mouth even if she leans backwards n fusses.. cos even so, sometimes she pulls the spoon towards her mouth by herself! dunno y she fuss also.. so i continue giving. sometimes i stop cos her food finish not cos she stop opening mouth..

redjn

try not to feed them too much "sweet food" if wise they will reject / refuse to accept food that are not sweet.

leefionyap

i did a check on the nutrtions facts of the different brands of cereal in ntuc.

However i found that nestle have the higher iron compare to other brand.

thus is nestle a better brand?

Where can i buy healthy times baby jars?

snowbear

i did a check on the nutrtions facts of the different brands of cereal in ntuc.

However i found that nestle have the higher iron compare to other brand.

thus is nestle a better brand?

Where can i buy healthy times baby jars?
Nestle has higher sugar content than other brands of cereal.

annie

anyone knows where i can buy bb oats, barley powder(barley itself also ok), brown rice powder for babies in sg? i wanna buy to make cereal for my girl hehe. so far ive always been using normal adults oats n brown rice.. then barley powder.. but then wanna let my girl try babies de. hehe

stonston

Baby oats -> larger supermarkets like NTUC & cold storage will hv under organic section
Brown rice\Barley powder -> many medical hall/supermarkets will hv