Which baby cereal?

stonston

i did a check on the nutrtions facts of the different brands of cereal in ntuc.

However i found that nestle have the higher iron compare to other brand.

thus is nestle a better brand?

Where can i buy healthy times baby jars?
Iron is NOT the ONLY determining factor when choosing baby food.
& you must know how to compare the nutrition facts. Did you compare 'per serving' or 'per 100g'?

The fair comparison is per 100g & if the packaging does not have it, then you'll need to convert per serving to per 100g.

estherleo

I give my 2 girls "Frisocrem" as it less sweet n smell great thank and other brand. Nestle is too sweet n cause phelgm for my 2 girls.

some baby dont like the taste of Brown Rice. You can try Frisocrem.

I dont give my girls Instant Bottle food also. Always think there are too much preservative.
cheers

estherleo

I give my 2 girls "Frisocrem" as it less sweet n smell great thank and other brand. Nestle is too sweet n cause phelgm for my 2 girls.

some baby dont like the taste of Brown Rice. You can try Frisocrem.

I dont give my girls Instant Bottle food also. Always think there are too much preservative.
cheers
I have a brand new unopened can of Frisocrem left. would you like to try? sell you at $4 only. usual price is $6plus. can collect from me at sembawang.

annie

frisocream is instant?

any good brand reccomendation of brown rice powder/ barley powder/ baby oats?? anyone tasted these before giving to baby? i realise the cereal i gave her doesnt taste very nice lol. a bit tasteless...

how bout iron fortified cereal? also buy from supermarket? i dun wan anything instant.. want those that needs to be cook de hehe

frisocream is instant?

any good brand reccomendation of brown rice powder/ barley powder/ baby oats?? anyone tasted these before giving to baby? i realise the cereal i gave her doesnt taste very nice lol. a bit tasteless...

how bout iron fortified cereal? also buy from supermarket? i dont want anything instant.. want those that needs to be cook hehe
haha Annie, me also, wan to cook myself, dun wan instant. Ya mine also, brown rice which i first give my ds, also tasteless.

snowbear

frisocream is instant?

how bout iron fortified cereal? also buy from supermarket? i dont want anything instant.. want those that needs to be cook hehe
For brown rice cereal can try eu yan sang's.

Iron-fortified cereal's all instant from my own observation...

annie

hmm like that ah... yu yang seng means i have to go there n buy right? they dun have any small counters or wat in supermarket right? where can i get them ah?

annie

good! i can go buy before i fly back! hehe. have u tasted it before? nice? the barley, brown rice n oatmeal i made for her seems tasteless to me de leh.. strange.. trying to get something which taste better for her hehe. she ah.. i tried giving her plain porridge only n she also finish them! whole bowl lor! i think.. her taste bud kana spoil liao lol.

snowbear

good! i can go buy before i fly back! hehe. have you tasted it before? nice? the barley, brown rice and oatmeal i made for her seems tasteless to me .. strange.. trying to get something which taste better for her hehe. she .. i tried giving her plain porridge only and she also finish them! whole bowl ! i think.. her taste bud kana spoil lol.
It's better that they eat tasteless food actually... less picky in future.. give them more flavourful food then they'll reject the tasteless food next time! :D

annie

true but somehow i feel so ke lian lol. btw, those barley, brown rice, baby oats in sg got taste ma??

annie

i updated her sleeping photos into her blog liao. haha so funni.. i see liao keep laughing :tlaugh:

redjn

frisocream is instant?

Eu Yan Sang maybe too expensive,maybe you like to buy "Rabbit brand" Brown rice as they comes with various type of favours like, herbs / ikanbilis etc... they taste much better. though they claimed to be instant but they still need to put on stove to boil & stir. as those cereal you claimed to be tasteless is b'cos you didn't add in the milk powder, if you add it in they should taste better. BUt I will advice you to buy Rabbit brand selection at least no need to add any other thing into it.

annie

thanks for the advise girls! i went but end up didnt buy cos all instant.. im not very comfy with instant food so didnt buy.. think i will jsut cook brown rice porridge for her la. no need to cook brown rice cereal since she so old liao hehe. i was feeling troublesome to toast n grind up the brown rice into powder thats y...

cherry

If we make the rice cereal powder at home by using the blender, there will not be any iron added rite? How to supplement our baby with iron? I prefer homemade food rather than the commercial ones, if possible.

annie

supplement with iron rich food eg veg. can do a search n see what food is rich in iron.