Which baby cereal?

apollo

yeah, she ate it at 6mths+. But she likes Healthy Times Oatmeal Cereal best though... :)

Try organic stores for Bellamy rice cereal..
i'm going to NTUC xtra to look for bellamy 1st. any organic stores to reco? cos i hav no ideas where has organic stores, thks! :tlaugh:

snowbear

i'm going to NTUC xtra to look for bellamy 1st. any organic stores to reco? cos i hav no ideas where has organic stores, thks! :tlaugh:
I usually go to the one at Great World City. I know there's one at Harbour Front and one at Tanglin Mall too.

apollo

snowbear mummy, the one u usually go at great world city sells Bellamy?? OMG why is it so diffi to find baby RICE cereal nowadays?!

snowbear

snowbear mummy, the one you usually go at great world city sells Bellamy?? OMG why is it so diffi to find baby RICE cereal nowadays?!
yup! :) Not sure abt now since you say so many places OOS! When you going to buy? If i do go to Great World before you do i will help you chk it out...

apollo

yup! :) Not sure about now since you say so many places OOS! When you going to buy? If i do go to Great World before you do i will help you chk it out...
i went online and check a few places selling organic foods. will try going that few places lik vivo, paragon to check.. if not will go ard SG's cold storage. if really totally cannot find, then either i will ask pd if i can just start with healthy time brown rice or i will just cook plain porridge and grind it... just that i've to acc ds to eat porridge everyday since he wont be eating much haha...

yup pls help me to check it out if u go there b4 me! thks babe! :001_302:

snowbear

i went online and check a few places selling organic foods. will try going that few places lik vivo, paragon to check.. if not will go around SG's cold storage. if really totally cannot find, then either i will ask pediatrician if i can just start with healthy time brown rice or i will just cook plain porridge and grind it... just that i've to acc dear son to eat porridge everyday since he wont be eating much haha...

yup pls help me to check it out if you go there before me! thks babe! :001_302:
you haven't told me when you're going to buy it...hehe. I might go Great World this wk

apollo

you have not't told me when you're going to buy it...hehe. I might go Great World this wk

most probably on sat.. but i dunno if i'm going to great world cos i think will be going to those nearer places 1st.. :001_302:

Hi mummies...

Please let me know if you are interested in any of the products....

We do deliver on selected days & timing depending on where you stay....

1. Happy Baby Puffs
Banana OR Apple Flavour

2. Healthy Times Baby Cereal
- Oatmeal
- Brown Rice
- Oatmean & Barley

3. Only Organics Baby Food
Stage 1, Stage 2, Stage 4

4. Bellamy Milk Powder
Step 1, Step 2 & Step 3

5. California Baby Calendula Cream

6. California Soothing Moisturizing Cream

email: june_cpf@hotmail.com

Bae919

I introde my baby to Bellany's rice cereal at around 4 1/2 months as he is very interested in food. Started with just 1-2tbsp so it didn't interfere with his milk consumption at all. He had no bad reaction except his cheeks got dry where the cereal would touch it. It lasted only 3 days after that ok already.

He loves it when mixed with breastmilk. When mixed with water, not so much. Gave him only every two days until he reached 5 1/2 months. Then everyday. When turned 6 months started giving him one service in morning then one serving organic butternut squash at around 4pm. He loves it.

Now run out and cannot find bellamy's rice cereal on the store, went to multiple cold storage including ION one where always have but now no stock.

Just to continue his feeding, I tried Healthy Times oatmeal cereal. I tasted it myself first and I love it (im an oatmeal lover). No wonder my son loves it as well.

So far, no bad reaction except poop dries up faster on cloth diaper. But he's not constipated or anything and he looks forward to eating everyday.

apollo

I introde my baby to Bellany's rice cereal at around 4 1/2 months as he is very interested in food. Started with just 1-2tbsp so it didn't interfere with his milk consumption at all. He had no bad reaction except his cheeks got dry where the cereal would touch it. It lasted only 3 days after that ok already.

He loves it when mixed with breastmilk. When mixed with water, not so much. Gave him only every two days until he reached 5 1/2 months. Then everyday. When turned 6 months started giving him one service in morning then one serving organic butternut squash at around 4pm. He loves it.

Now run out and cannot find bellamy's rice cereal on the store, went to multiple cold storage including ION one where always have but now no stock.

Just to continue his feeding, I tried Healthy Times oatmeal cereal. I tasted it myself first and I love it (im an oatmeal lover). No wonder my son loves it as well.

So far, no bad reaction except poop dries up faster on cloth diaper. But he's not constipated or anything and he looks forward to eating everyday.

u also cant find bellamy cereal anywhere?? i wonder is it just OOS or like heinz, kanna taken off the shelves...

apollo

mummies, i hav cleared my doubts alrdy. asked pd regarding the cereal. he said it's perfectly alright to start with brown rice cereal, he said most of his lil patiants started with brown rice cereal too. but not oatmeal. cos oatmeal might be abit diffi to digest.. =)

read the thread. seemed alot mummies feeding babies Healthy Times.

my gal now 6mth+ le, but haven started on any cereals etc...i thought of getting Healthy Times Brown Rice Cereal & Sweet Potatoes Stage 1 Baby Jar.

erm qns...can i mix both & feed her? if can, how do i do so? as in, the mixing process and put in her feeding bottle or what?

erm sry 2 ask but i really duno...

snowbear

read the thread. seemed alot mummies feeding babies Healthy Times.

my gal now 6mth+ , but have not started on any cereals etc...i thought of getting Healthy Times Brown Rice Cereal & Sweet Potatoes Stage 1 Baby Jar.

erm qns...can i mix both & feed her? if can, how do i do so? as in, the mixing process and put in her feeding bottle or what?

erm sry 2 ask but i really dont know...
You shld let your bb try both on its own first. Feed the cereal first for 4 days to chk if got allergy then feed the other food. After tt you can mix the two types of food.

Re: How to mix and feed
Scoop the desired amt of cereal and puree into a bowl. Add milk/ water. Stir to mix evenly. If too thick, add more milk/water. Feed via spoon please to prevent choking.

mandymtb

hi mummies, i hv been to ntuc, cold storage, carrefour, and realised there are not many brands of baby white rice cereals in the mkt - there's Nestle, Healthy Times, Only Organic and Bellamy (which is currently OSS).

any other brands ard in areas which I hv not gone to?

wld prefer to feed my baby with white rice rather than brown if there is a choice....

meiteoh

If you're not fuss, you can try organic stores lor.

I'm actually thinking of going straight to brown rice coz it's healthier than white rice - more filling and so forth. In fact, I already bought a box for myself (damn kiasu - not as if I'm going to feed it to Eva tomorrow or any time soon) and one for my friend (her baby just started semi-solids).

I bought Nestle normal rice without realizing that it contains not just sugar but traces of gluten and dairy - UGH. So I went out and bought Healthy Times Brown Rice cereal which has no soy, no gluten and no dairy - super!

I figured (like my friend) since we save so much on FM by BFing, might as well invest in some quality semi-solids for our little ones.

jasobias

For me i am feeding my baby nestle brown nice n the white rice cereal.She prefers the brown one though n eats it fast enuf.Havent had chance to look out for other brands,just went with wht i used to feed my kids b4..hehheh

mandymtb

If you're not fuss, you can try organic stores .

I'm actually thinking of going straight to brown rice coz it's healthier than white rice - more filling and so forth. In fact, I already bought a box for myself (damn kiasu - not as if I'm going to feed it to Eva tomorrow or any time soon) and one for my friend (her baby just started semi-solids).

I bought Nestle normal rice without realizing that it contains not just sugar but traces of gluten and dairy - UGH. So I went out and bought Healthy Times Brown Rice cereal which has no soy, no gluten and no dairy - super!

I figured (like my friend) since we save so much on FM by BFing, might as well invest in some quality semi-solids for our little ones.
in fact i did went to the organic section in carrefour, but seems like certain brands of organic rice cereal is not iron-fortified... which i read somewhere tt it shld be or rather its best to feed iron-fortified cereal since baby's body reserve of iron is running out and low by the time they hit 6m...

which other organic stores are there in SG?

i didnt realise the nestle one has got sugar in it!! hmm... i dun really feel good feeding my baby wif sugar at this young age.... so wil prolly give this a miss...

snowbear

in fact i did went to the organic section in carrefour, but seems like certain brands of organic rice cereal is not iron-fortified... which i read somewhere that it shld be or rather its best to feed iron-fortified cereal since baby's body reserve of iron is running out and low by the time they hit 6m...

which other organic stores are there in SG?

i didnt realise the nestle one has got sugar in it!! hmm... i dont really feel good feeding my baby with sugar at this young age.... so wil prolly give this a miss...
Where do you live? I usually go to the organic store at Great World City. Other places that i know have organic stores are HarbourFront, Vivocity and Tanglin Mall...

mandymtb

Where do you live? I usually go to the organic store at Great World City. Other places that i know have organic stores are HarbourFront, Vivocity and Tanglin Mall...
yishun :)

Great world is rather off for me since i dun drive... prolly will try vivocity ba...