Which bathing foam and shampoo is recommended for new born baby?

iwan2noe

Hi dear all,

I am considering which bath foam and shampoo i should get for my bb gal now so that i can use on her after she is born..

kodomo, j & j, seba med, pureen, tollyjoy, avent, etc?
with a myraid of choices, i am spoilt and lost which one is economical and good? Any recommendations?

Thanks alot! :001_302:

apollo

KODOMO!!! haha!!

actu dont nd to get shampoo.. we bought a bottle of shampoo and ds only use a few times. usually we will use the kodomo shower foam to wash his hair too..

hi.... at the very beginning, we used Baby Buds Organic head to toe wash... smells really good & very gentle on baby's skin.... When she's older, changed to Pureen but it caused her scalp to be very flaky... like dandruff but now it's gone with J & J head to toe wash.....

diymummy

I use Seba Med. Baby has sensitive skin.

At the beginning I used J&J and my baby's skin became very very dry after a while. I used J&J lotion to moisturise but J&J lotion has perfume in it which caused reaction in my baby.

So for lotion I'm using Physiogel lotion.

But that's just for my case coz my baby inherited my hubby's sensitive skin. No choice have to use hypoallergenic type of wash/lotion on his skin. It really depends on how your baby will react to they type of wash/lotion you plan to use.

Maybe you can get a few sample packs and try when your baby is born. Use for 3-4 days and you will know if your baby will be allergic to them or not. If not allergic then you can have freedom to choose which one smells nicer and all.

Ting

have been using kodomo since pin was NB. recently change to pureen. think its cheaper (not sure cos my mum buys them) n more conveniently cos its head to toe wash.
n smells good! :)

autumn82

I tried J&J Tip to toe (too drying) followed by Mustela. I like Mustela Cleansing Gel but its pretty ex for long term use. I had to buy 1 bottle each month and each bottle cost $28+.. :p

So I tried Kodomo but it was kinda drying on both my kids. So in the end, I changed to Pigeon 2-in-1 body and hair wash. Its Good and cheap~~ :) Smells good too!!

CanCanMum

i used Kodomo for baber

recently switched to pigeon coz he smells so good after tat wahhahha

he sweats a lot

nancy

I used Mustela ever since my Naomi is born. I got a package during a baby fair at Expo and it is quite a good deal. Only used the Cleansing Gel for both her hair and body. Already into my 2nd bottle (baby is 6 mths old). I always buy Mustela products when they are on offer or else they can be pretty ex.

My friend told me J & J stinks after they used thejm on their babies' heads so I did not use them though I have 2 big bottles given by friends at home. Sigh..

autumn82

I used Mustela ever since my Naomi is born. I got a package during a baby fair at Expo and it is quite a good deal. Only used the Cleansing Gel for both her hair and body. Already into my 2nd bottle (baby is 6 mths old). I always buy Mustela products when they are on offer or else they can be pretty ex.

My friend told me J & J stinks after they used thejm on their babies' heads so I did not use them though I have 2 big bottles given by friends at home. Sigh..
it happens when they pespire... Like Iggy.. thats y I stopped it.. :tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:

iwan2noe

I use Seba Med. Baby has sensitive skin.

At the beginning I used J&J and my baby's skin became very very dry after a while. I used J&J lotion to moisturise but J&J lotion has perfume in it which caused reaction in my baby.

So for lotion I'm using Physiogel lotion.

But that's just for my case coz my baby inherited my hubby's sensitive skin. No choice have to use hypoallergenic type of wash/lotion on his skin. It really depends on how your baby will react to they type of wash/lotion you plan to use.

Maybe you can get a few sample packs and try when your baby is born. Use for 3-4 days and you will know if your baby will be allergic to them or not. If not allergic then you can have freedom to choose which one smells nicer and all.
hi diymummy,

Physiogel, did u check the the ingredients. I used this gel b4 and it is not bad, but is it safe to be used on bb?i know it is hypoallergenic, contain no colourants, perfume and preservatives to enhance its hypoallergenic :)

Sebas Med is also a very good product i totally agree, but it is very exp=(
Hope my bb skin is not sensitive else I will also like u use sebas med.. :)
thanks so much for sharing with me ! =)

iwan2noe

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser is what I'm using for my boy.
Cetaphil is also a v good brand... it is always recommended by docs and many skin care professionals.. do look out for promotions and offers by the pharmacy.. I will try it since it is so recommended :)

Thanks carrot !

iwan2noe

hi mummies =)

thank u very much for sharing with me your valueable advices and what u are using for ur bb =)

Thanks so much! =)

i really need to decide which to buy for my bb gal when she is born..maybe kodomo or pigeon. initally wanted to get pureen, but the packaging not so appealing..makes me like no confidence(no offence pls pureen) but I heard their kid wash are v fragrant! =) heh

carrot^

Alpha Male
Cetaphil is also a very good brand... it is always recommended by docs and many skin care professionals.. do look out for promotions and offers by the pharmacy.. I will try it since it is so recommended :)

Thanks carrot !
Yup, it's always recommended by the docs as it does not dry up the skin like others. It is so gentle that you can even "dry" clean your skin with Cetaphil and leave it on without rinsing with water so no worries about residue causing skin problems.

diymummy

Hi iwan2noe, I don't think Physiogel has any preservatives. My baby has been using it since birth due to his eczema. You can pick it up at Watson's or Guardian to cross-check. It's very expensive actually. So I also hope that your baby does not have sensitive skin!!

iwan2noe

Hi iwan2noe, I dont't think Physiogel has any preservatives. My baby has been using it since birth due to his eczema. You can pick it up at Watson's or Guardian to cross-check. It's very expensive actually. So I also hope that your baby does not have sensitive skin!!
Hi diymummy,
ya lor, Physiogel does not contain any preservatives or colourant.. =)
that time i had v dry skin and my dermatologist prescribe this for me to apply.. ;)