Which brand of milk bottle detergent is good?

bb2010

yup. i use the kodomo for breast pump, bottles, toys, baby bowls & utensils. I also used medela, and yup the staff also told me not to sterilise more than 5min so usually i just just rinse with hot water. =)
Thanks for your prompt reply.

Ask u one more q.... for the mebrane valve, did u take it out and rinse with hot water? All the pump accessories only put in the hot water not boiling it right? So everytime u will wash it after used the pump and put it in the dry rack? but do we need to wash again when we need to use it? can we use it directly? let say, for newborn bb, we need to feed bb quite oftenly abt 2 hours once..if like that we need to wash a lot of time ler... then keep to boil the hot water...Can you share with me yr practise?

apollo

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Ask you one more q.... for the mebrane valve, did you take it out and rinse with hot water? All the pump accessories only put in the hot water not boiling it right? So everytime you will wash it after used the pump and put it in the dry rack? but do we need to wash again when we need to use it? can we use it directly? let say, for newborn baby, we need to feed baby quite oftenly about 2 hours once..if like that we need to wash a lot of time ... then keep to boil the hot water...Can you share with me yr practise?

for the pump, yes i took out the part to wash. but i fix it bk b4 rinsing a hot water. just let the hot water 'flow' from thru the valve. and of cos, rinse the bottle as well.

as for milk bottles, i prepared 4 sets of bottles and sterilise tgt. e.g: 8am 1 set, 10am 1 set, 12pm 1 set aft the 3rd set is used, i will wash and sterilise again. usually i will not wait until the 4th set to be used b4 sterilising. cops the 4th is to 'standby, in case during the one of the feed we accidentally touch the teat and we will hav extra to change. fyi, each sterilised bottle can only remain sterilised for up to 6hrs, aft 6hrs, still have to re-sterilise again. so prepare abt 3-4 sets of bottles is more than enough =)

bb2010

for the pump, yes i took out the part to wash. but i fix it back before rinsing a hot water. just let the hot water 'flow' from thru the valve. and of cos, rinse the bottle as well.

as for milk bottles, i prepared 4 sets of bottles and sterilise together. e.g: 8am 1 set, 10am 1 set, 12pm 1 set after the 3rd set is used, i will wash and sterilise again. usually i will not wait until the 4th set to be used before sterilising. cops the 4th is to 'standby, in case during the one of the feed we accidentally touch the teat and we will hav extra to change. fyi, each sterilised bottle can only remain sterilised for up to 6hrs, after 6hrs, still have to re-sterilise again. so prepare about 3-4 sets of bottles is more than enough =)
Thanks ya
As i know remain sterilised for up to 6 hours is provided we do not open the sterilizer cover, am i right? so u keep the 4 sets of milk bottles into the sterilizer and only take out the milk bottle one by one when u need it or take it out all the milk bottle put into another big container?

apollo

Thanks ya
As i know remain sterilised for up to 6 hours is provided we do not open the sterilizer cover, am i right? so you keep the 4 sets of milk bottles into the sterilizer and only take out the milk bottle one by one when you need it or take it out all the milk bottle put into another big container?
actu i just leave the rest in the steriliser while i see my fren taking out everything and dry them in another container. when i take out the bottle, there will be some water vapourand i will just shake off the water =)

bb2010

actually i just leave the rest in the steriliser while i see my friend taking out everything and dry them in another container. when i take out the bottle, there will be some water vapourand i will just shake off the water =)
Oh..ic ...if take all out put into anotehr container, there are no point to do this if the container without sterilize before,right?

What abt the power? u on the power all the while or just off it after 6mins sterilized?

apollo

Oh..ic ...if take all out put into anotehr container, there are no point to do this if the container without sterilize before,right?

What about the power? you on the power all the while or just off it after 6mins sterilized?
ehhh i not sure actu.. but when we go out, we also bring along 2-3 bottles, so i guess is the same as putting them in the container for that few hrs. haha..

i always leave the switch on. the power of the sterilise will 'off' by itself aft the sterilising is done, only left with the switch. =)

bb2010

ehhh i not sure actually.. but when we go out, we also bring along 2-3 bottles, so i guess is the same as putting them in the container for that few hours. haha..

i always leave the switch on. the power of the sterilise will 'off' by itself after the sterilising is done, only left with the switch. =)

Okay..thanks for your information ya :)

JP12

i brought along breast pump when i delivered. they let me use sterilising tablet to sterilise the pump and parts =)
Hi.
Is it necessary to bring breast pump along during delivery? This is for "just in case" situations if baby doesn't know how to latch on? So, best to sterilize the breast pump and other parts before taking it to the hospital? Thanks.

JP12

yup. i use the kodomo for breast pump, bottles, toys, baby bowls & utensils. I also used medela, and yup the staff also told me not to sterilise more than 5min so usually i just just rinse with hot water. =)

To wash toys, do we use bottle wash detergent or can we use the pigeon detergent for baby clothes? Since they may put toys in their mouth, it's safer to use bottle wash detergent? How about toys like fabric books? Which detergent will u use? Thanks!

candy_ian

For toys I use baby toys cleaner which I get from the organic store, n for fabric books or his plushies the normal detergent which I use for his clothings. But what I'm using is the 7th generation chemical free ones.