Which feeding bottle?

justmint

we bought Avent for him. but seems it's not suitable for him. cos it have milk flowing out from his mouth & choking.

Not knowing what's wrong, we went to consult pd. He told us it's becos the teat is too big for him (teat was for new born). So we change it to pigeon S teat. It went on very well.

now we slowly switch to Avent again cos don't want to waste the $ we spent on their bottles & teats. Now hes using both pigeon (s) & avent (no. 1) teats...

Joylucas

Ds using Nuk since birth. But my mum always complaining abt milk leaking from the teats during feeding.

Bought Avent and hope Ds wants switch over...:sayangbaby:

Lazy_Mum

I'm using Dr Brown bottles since my boy is 2mth old. I personally found that it's good as it prevent colic with the design of the bottle. My boy is 8+ mth now and is still using...but not many places sell Dr Brown bottles. So far I know that KKH has a shop which has more choice of size and accessories of Dr Brown.

junkee

hi,

For mummy using nuk bottles, for Nuk teat, do we feed bb with the hole facing up or down?
if the hole facing upwards, the air system will be facing upwards too. or should it be facing downwards?

i feed with the hole facing upwards, but my SO feed facing downwards. who is right?

:err:

myangela

hi,

For mummy using nuk bottles, for Nuk teat, do we feed bb with the hole facing up or down?
if the hole facing upwards, the air system will be facing upwards too. or should it be facing downwards?

i feed with the hole facing upwards, but my SO feed facing downwards. who is right?

:err:
Hi junkee

I feed my dd with the hole facing upwards somethimes my dd feed herself facing downwards.. i think both ways oso can so long the dd/ds are comforable wz it.

:tlaugh::tlaugh:

xue

i oso feed wif the hole facin upwards..
my ds has been usin NUK since birth..but i thot of changin to avent..
so i intro avent to him..but he would cry n reject milk until i use NUK teats...
so nw i let him use avent bottle but NUK wide neck teats..
but wif the NUK wide neck teats..his milk will leak..so i duno wat to do..haix

junkee

thanks my myangela.

xue, my ds uses avent bottle since birth, and he always have to catch his breath when drinking, be it teats no 1, or 2, so end up he always fall asleep. so i tried to use avent bottle with nuk teats , it leaks too.

currently i use nuk premium bottle with nuk teats.

xue

thanks my myangela.

xue, my ds uses avent bottle since birth, and he always have to catch his breath when drinking, be it teats no 1, or 2, so end up he always fall asleep. so i tried to use avent bottle with nuk teats , it leaks too.

so u mean i should use premium bottle too? if i use dat it wun leak le ar?? if wun leak mayb i go change bottle..

myangela

thanks my myangela.

Hi Junkee n Xue

At 1st my dd uses avent bottle to drink oso same like Junkee's ds i suspect it's the avent teats too hard n need alot of strength to suck for newborns then i chng to NUK teats n oso use NUK premium bottle. For the premium bottle it's oso leaks sometimes n oso have difficulty in opening the bottle when put hot water in it.

Still i think Avent bottle is the best... For newborns i recommend NUK teats.....

:Dancing_tongue::Dancing_tongue:

lynnsilhouette

invest in big bottles...cos my boi outgrew his small bottle within 2mths....
i onli have 2 small bottles for plain water....6 big bottles for feeding EBM n expressing :)
it is not really good for new borns who only drinks like 3oz/4oz to use big bottles for 8oz. cos more air will go into the tummy causing colic.

xue

it is not really good for new borns who only drinks like 3oz/4oz to use big bottles for 8oz. cos more air will go into the tummy causing colic.
huh..i usin the avent big bottle..but he oni drink 4oz of milk leh..wah im reali a shi bai mother..zzzz

SH74

my boy is using AVENT milk bottles since birth. the teats he's using is still for 0-3 months (or is it 3-6 months? cant rem liao. :p).

tried using those variable teats (those w I, II and III). but he dun like. :( any1 of u having this prob? he takes 20-25min to drink 240ml. so long!!!

wanted to intro a bit of rice cereal into his milk so it can last him longer thru nite. recently, he wakes up at 5+am for milk (last feed at 10+pm). but the cereal gets stuck in those 0-3 months teats.

CanCanMum

mrs puppy> u can get those teats for 6m....den subsequently change to suit their age - coz teats get dirty after too long oso.

dun get those variable teats kind-useless.

my boy has been using Avent since 10m till now - very long hor!

SH74

i bought the variable ones not long ago leh. :( think i'll buy the ones u mentioned. hope he's ok w it. if not, waste my $$ again. hahaha... :D