Which GP or PD to go to for 6-in-1 Jab (Snegkang)

november

My newborn coming to 7 weeks now. Sengkang Polyclinic doesn't have 6 in 1 jab and the nurse there told me to get 6 in 1 from GP outside when Baby turns 2 months old.

jxmummy

You can go to Kidslink Children's Clinic, they are located at Blk 237 Compassavale Walk #01-532. They have 6-in-1 package, you may call them at 63884466 =)

apollo

Yup, Thanks. Managed to book appointment for Hougang polyclinic. But funny thing is, their 6in1 doesn't include HepB 2nd dose. have to go for separate. My baby, now coming 7 weeks, so have to quickly jab HepB first, then 3rd month then start 6in1
u're welcome..:001_302: i heard tt hep b 2nd dose is not include, it's the 3rd dose which is included... hehe... :001_302:

kraxpot

Alpha Male
hmm why dont you ask about other polyclinic?? cos most GP dont have 6-in-1... but i know healthway medical has 6-in-1...

you may want to check their locations Welcome to Healthway Medical Group Website :001_302:

Yeah...theres this group called Central Clinic & Surgery that also has the 6-in-1. The good thing is that they are open 24 hours so you can get your jabs done at any time....I know that there is one in Tampines...a bit far for you though :p

kraxpot

Alpha Male
My newborn coming to 7 weeks now. Sengkang Polyclinic doesn't have 6 in 1 jab and the nurse there told me to get 6 in 1 from GP outside when Baby turns 2 months old.
Actually I thought the polyclinic has the 6 in 1 just that its chargeable?

Anyway there a few clinics that have the 6 in 1 jab...there is this clinic called Central Clinic & Surgery in Tampines which has it..good thing is that it is 24 hours...

Healthway and Raffles Med Group should also have these jabs...

shaynamommy

I was at buangkok medical centre/ clinic today n saw a few babies there for vaccinations. From what I saw posted on their board, they offer everything incl 6in1 n the optional jabs too. Good service too.

stonston

I was at buangkok medical centre/ clinic today and saw a few babies there for vaccinations. From what I saw posted on their board, they offer everything incl 6in1 and the optional jabs too. Good service too.
When you go to this clinic, please only go during the timing when it's Dr Elaine.

If it's the male doc, avoid at all costs.

yellowpudding

How much did you mummies pay for jabs and consultation ?
Astar, for me I purchased a package of that consists of all compulsory jabs over the Pd. Costs me $597 (not including GST yet). For consultation, I have 10% off due to the purchase of the package, hence $31.50 (after the discount, before discount is $55). :)

Gelyn

Hi Stonston,

Just curious...what's wrong with the rest of the doctor? Except for Dr Elaine...she is good?

joeyz

when i discharge frm Mt. A, they hv appointed me a PD. She is good with babies only worry for me is it's burning my pocket$$. Is it compulsory for us parent to go back to the PD, i've seen her twice and she told me wont need to go back until the jab (5-in-1 or 6-in-1) which is 1 mth time. I do like the PD but worrying abt my budget and also if i take those jab in normal polyclinic, will there be any diff? Anyone try polyclinic jab?

apollo

when i discharge frm Mt. A, they have appointed me a pediatrician. She is good with babies only worry for me is it's burning my pocket$$. Is it compulsory for us parent to go back to the pediatrician, i've seen her twice and she told me wont need to go back until the jab (5-in-1 or 6-in-1) which is 1 month time. I do like the pediatrician but worrying about my budget and also if i take those jab in normal polyclinic, will there be any diff? Anyone try polyclinic jab?
u can try the pd OUTSIDE... polyclinic has all compulsory jabs but if u wanna let ur baby take those potional jabs, then must bring to pd liaoo.. some GP also have the vaccinations, but u must ask ard... diffe pd charges differently but i think is + - 10bucks for each jab only... and polyclinic also, just that MOST pd charge consultaion fee... u can ask ard, cos some pd dont charge consultation fee :001_302:

stonston

Hi Stonston,

Just curious...what's wrong with the rest of the doctor? Except for Dr Elaine...she is good?
I got bad experience (quite a few different occasions) with one of the male resident dr there. Very unprofessional. He made me wait for 1/2 hour after doing a urine test that only required 1min. Reason for making me wait: he was scolding his staff. Reason for scolding his staff: there was recycled paper at his desk. I was not the only patient there waiting!!!!!!! & when I asked him about it, he just ignore me. & when he prescribe medicine for my boy, anyhow prescibe!

Dr Elaine & Dr Liew (male doc) are good. Very patient, detailed, caring & friendly. They remember their patients also.

I won't say this clinic is not good. Dr Elaine & Dr Liew are VERY GOOD. It's that 1 black sheep that cause their reputation to be bad. When you go to the clinic, you observe. When it's Dr Elaine or Dr Liew inside, there's a long queue. When it's THAT doctor, there's very little ppl inside.

I even recorded when Dr Elaine & Dr Liew are in the clinic so we only go when they are on duty.

joeyz

you can try the pediatrician OUTSIDE... polyclinic has all compulsory jabs but if you wanna let your baby take those potional jabs, then must bring to pediatrician liaoo.. some GP also have the vaccinations, but you must ask around... diffe pediatrician charges differently but i think is + - 10bucks for each jab only... and polyclinic also, just that MOST pediatrician charge consultaion fee... you can ask around, cos some pediatrician dont charge consultation fee :001_302:
My first PD visit was $76+ include a blood test to check on his jaundice level, 2nd visit is $55~ which include a powder to be sprinkle on his umbilical cord. I dont knw how much my PD charge for consultation as the receipe is a whole lump sum with no breakdown but i suspect it cost abt $45.

Pardon me for my ignorance, what is potional jab?

diymummy

Hi Joeyz, I think that was a typo...

Regina meant optional jabs.. Rotavirus and pneumoccocal vaccinations are optional. However, recently govt made pneumoccocal compulsory so it MIGHT be available now in polyclinics.