Why are there such people around?!

STmummy

Encountered a terrible mum this morning at my son's enrichment class!

Her son (23 mth old) tried to hit my son (25 mth old) twice today and other classmates as well. This is not the first time that he behaves like this. Every lesson, he will either be screaming, crying or trying to hit someone. Today I gave him an angry look at his 2nd attempt to attack my son. The mum took her son away.

Guess what happen after class! Instead of disciplining her son, she confronted me for giving her son the 'dirty look' and said he is just a young kid and wishes me Good Luck on my 2nd pregnancy (I am now in my 5 mth of pregnancy)! What kind of woman is this! No wonder your son behaves this way! Just like the mother!

My son also young kid, I dont see him going around hitting others!

I wish you Good Luck in raising such ill-disciplined kid!

stonston

OMG. It's her son who is hitting people, not yours. Why should she be saying such things to you?

Don't worry cos ultimately, she will suffer for not instilling discipline in her kid early.
Let her son continue to hit ppl thinking it's nothing and when he's old enough, he'll hit his mother too.

apollo

Obviously this boy's behaviour is caused by his mum (parents). They have spoilt him rotton! Like what stonston said, Now he beat his classmates, next time he will beat his parents (or maybe he is alrdy doing that now). People will not blame the boy but will know what kind of parents he has. The more her son beats your son, the more it shows that how failure she is.

Edwinie

yup!
have you ever thought how your son should react to this if you are not around?
i think this is a real problem of bullying. i have no idea what to tell my son to do if he is a victim...
what that boy does, we have no control. we can only teach our child, which i don't know how..

STmummy

I asked my son if the boy hit him? That it's not ok to hit people, the boy is very naughty!
If next time anyone hit him in school, must tell him 'No! Cannot hit me!' then tell teacher.
He said ok but will he really do it or not, I cross my fingers.

Edwinie

I asked my son if the boy hit him? That it's not ok to hit people, the boy is very naughty!
If next time anyone hit him in school, must tell him 'No! Cannot hit me!' then tell teacher.
He said ok but will he really do it or not, I cross my fingers.
ic. ok. i'll take note.

because me and my friends were discussing about it. he said if some one hit his son, he will ask his son to hit back. i think his idea was not so much of retaliating or revenge but more of standing up for himself. so there's a wide spectrum of views on this.

i have yet form a conclusion.

candy_ian

I ever encountered a boy spat at my boy at the playground jut because he wants to play in what my son was playing. I went to the mum and told her. Guess what? She says kids always play this way so let them be. I told her that I've never taught my son to spat at ppl neither get spat at and its totally u hygienic and I'll discipline to do that. I brought my son away n never brought him to that playground again.
When my son and nieces play together, they will b snatching of toys and a little pushing. My son is ok with sharing usually but my niece usually does the snatching. I'll leave them to settle n steps in only if there's a chance of either party getting hurt

STmummy

I also want my son to fight back. But also dont want him to think it's okie to resolve violence with violence leh. sigh.. so the only way is ask him to complain teacher, then hopefully teacher will punish those naughty kids. I always feel those kids turn out that way is because their parents never discipline them and punish them when they did the wrong thing.. like this stupid mum I encountered and the unhygenic mum that mummy candy_ian met.

To those mums that we had mentioned about (defending your kid when they are obviously at the wrong), SHAME ON YOU and Good Luck to your kid's future! :9898:

Last edited:
It's quite difficut to teach our kids the correct way of fending for themselves when they got bullied, coz i felt if not taught properly, they may think its just right to hit back when someone else hit them...hmm... but as for those ill-mannered kids, its all coz their horrible parents!! My sil is one good example. Whenever her kids came over, they will be jumping my my bed, spoiling my kids' toys and the worse thing is nobody can scold her kids, coz she will be angry and complain to everyone of how i 'ill-treat' her kids!! !@#@$#@%

stonston

My boy will shout and push the offender away, then tell teacher.
He was bitten at CC before by a boy (a few different times).

And that boy's parents totally don't care. Did not even apologise to us!

Edwinie

if it's my son, i won't apologise. i will make him know his mistake and apologise to his 'victim' and his parents. i don't want my son to go away thinking that his parents will cover for his mistakes.

didn't know some parents totally ignore their children's misdeeds and not discipline them at all.. i thought this is the most basic thing a parent can do!

ping26

I got something to vent too.

Today I brought my two-year-old to a splash park. This boy from China repeatedly sprayed water at me. I was carrying my baby and walking on outer areas. He wouldn't let us off. Even when we left the area (already outside!), he turned the elephant spray at us so fast that the auto-stop didn't work. Normally, the sprays can't be directed outside. I was so pissed that I did something uncharacteristic. I shouted at him to "STOP IT". He was unrepentent and nonchalant.

I looked around for his mother but she wasn't around. I wanted to give her a piece of my mind. Later, I went to scold him. Told him not to spray water at babies. He shouted at me. Later, his mother came & scolded me for scolding her son. She felt there was nothing wrong with her son's behv. She claimed he was frightened and cried. I looked at him & he looked absolutely bored. She walked towards my baby who was in shower area & "to scold her to show how she felt". No wonder the son was like that. She even scolded the security guard who tried to talk some sense to her. The security guard, fearing for our safety, told us to take the lift as she appeared to be stalking at the escalators.

I don't regret scolding him cos otherwise, he'll still think there's nothing with attacking toddlers with water. He looked about 9-10 years old & was playing unsupervised in a splashpark, full of preschoolers. I can't do anything abt his mother's education. At least, he'll think twice before doing it again. He shld be old enough to be embarrassed by his mother's behv. Everyone was looking at her. My poor baby was a bit frightened.

I think if parents don't teach their kids, they're going to get scolded & humiliated by strangers when they cross the line.

Normally, I'd usu glare & bring my baby away. Today I was so irritated by his behv and reaction. It is really hard to tolerate such such people.

awish

Sorry to hear that. I totally understand how you feel. Really pissed off with such people. Arghhhh!!
Totally agree that these people are too much. They are so overprotective and spoiling their kids.
Good luck to them in future when they kids grow up.

shopaholic

Totally agree that these people are too much. They are so overprotective and spoiling their kids.
Good luck to them in future when they kids grow up.
Agree, parents nowadays are too over-protective. I am the disciplinarian at home and I ensure my kids dont push, bite or beat people. If they do, they get it big time from me. But sad to say, even their cousins hv bitten, pushed my kids on a few occasions. When I asked my eldest why she didnt push her cousin away, she told me that if were to do that, her cousin might fall. I hv resorted to teaching my kids to protect themselves. If anyone including their cousins bite them, their first instinct is to push them away, not endure and cry. The thing with relatives is, sometimes it's hard to voice out to their parents because I know some may be sensitive. I did however sternly tell their cousins not to do that and thankfully, they were afraid of me as I'm the stern and fierce aunt at home.

While we as parents shd not be overly-protective, I think it's important to teach our children to learn to protect themselves and stand up to such bullying behaviour.

shopaholic

Guess what happen after class! Instead of disciplining her son, she confronted me for giving her son the 'dirty look' and said he is just a young kid and wishes me Good Luck on my 2nd pregnancy (I am now in my 5 mth of pregnancy)! What kind of woman is this! No wonder your son behaves this way! Just like the mother!
Sorry to hear about your encounter. I cant really comment on the real situation but I think the part where she wishes you good luck on your 2nd pregnancy is uncalled for. It's unkind and totally rude.