WII or PS or Xbox?

veronica

I never played any of this before and thus would like you to recommend which one is better? Thought of buying one for my 5yr old son.

I only started to come across WII last week at Parkway when they currently have road show. It "impresses" me cos its not the usual "controller" like PS.

Where can I get cheaper ones?

sleepymama

Hi!
Based on what I know (we have xbox, and have seen PSP and tried Wii), xbox has the best graphics but Wii is 'interactive' - so most kids enjoy Wii.
Xbox doesn't have many games suitable for young kids and even the 'cartoon' type of games may still be difficult for a 5-year-old. For Wii, they get to exercise a bit playing sports :)
To get a cheaper set, try ebay :)
Hope this helps.

PinkDiamonds

For a 5 yr old I'll recommend the Wii as there's a wider variety of games suitable for them that will be easier to control.

CanCanMum

I never played any of this before and thus would like you to recommend which one is better? Thought of buying one for my 5yr old son.

I only started to come across WII last week at Parkway when they currently have road show. It "impresses" me cos its not the usual "controller" like PS.

Where can I get cheaper ones?
my Baber plays PS3 worhhh haha~~~

anyway u can try at AMK hub 2nd floor (just next to Mums and Babes) Tel 6456 6672 Funz Centre #02-08 , my hubbie says their games and consoles are cheaper than most pple. Can try look look see see.

the shop is always packed with youngsters.

Heres AMK hub directory : http://www.amkhub.com.sg/directory.asp?sort=sort_lvl&cat=3&go=0

Last edited:

veronica

my Baber plays PS3 worhhh haha~~~

anyway you can try at AMK hub 2nd floor (just next to Mums and Babes) Tel 6456 6672 Funz Centre #02-08 , my hubbie says their games and consoles are cheaper than most pple. Can try look look see see.

the shop is always packed with youngsters.

Heres AMK hub directory : AMK Hub - Shop Directory
Wow when u started him to play this? Will get addicted right?

He falls in love and keeps asking us to buy the WII when i let him tried at Parkway. But I personally find that all sport games quite boring right?

Is there such thing as modified set? I remember donkey yrs, I owned a modified PS and I can play pirate games...save alot of $$ too :p

CanCanMum

not wif the new PS3, so far nobodi has the mod set wahahhaha~~~~

anyways nowadays all the new games are quite affordable, they are no longer $89.90 tat kind liaOOOOooo

Baber is now addicted to Animal Kaiser game :001_302:

mrsmorgan

wow i feel tempted to get a wii too since i love playing mario! but for myself cuz my bb's not even born yet! wahahaha :tlaugh:

LoVeS

played b4 all 3 of them but personally i find WII more interesting as more interactive regardless for kids or adults~ My coming 3yo son love the sports games inside WII~

jas2909

IMO,

WII will b a good choice for kids and parents.. lots of interaction..

PS3 unless u are a graphics lover if not i find that nice PS3 games can be quite violent for some and those kiddie games just put PS3 graphic function into waste..

PSP is only for single player.. when kids get too engross in the game, they are really trap in their la-la world.. talk to them like talking to wall.. but it's good to keep kids busy when u bring them out shopping..

veronica

Anyone knows is there a modified set for WII?

Or if the WII disc can be copied? I see the price..one game more than $60..quite siong leh..

I used to have old version of PS donkey yrs and it was a modified one...so cheap to buy pirate games :p

jas2909

You can buy 2nd hand already modified set.. or There are some game shop that will do modification for you when you buy the set.. but gotta ask the staff secretly.. or! u can do the modification yourself.. i heard it's quite simple now.. to play safe ask the "experts" to do for u.. or! go malaysia buy! almost all shop in there include modification as a package.. =X Once modified u can play those copied games already..