Wondering how the infant care centre look after 3 months old baby?

Girafee

I will be sending my 3 months old baby to infant care centre soon. As my baby does not sleep much in the day time and always like pple to carry him. whenver we put him down to his baby cot, he will wake up and cried.

I am wondering if i send him to the infant care centre, if he cries, and does not want to sleep after feeding, will they just let him cry until he tired??? i am a bit worried this may not good let baby cry too much.....

By the way, anything need to watch out when i send my baby to infant care centre? Not sure what kind of clothes i should prepare for him to bring to the centre, long sleeve shirt and long pant better?

And also wondering, so many baby in the centre, how they make sure our bbay's belonging like milk bottles/teats won't be mixed up with others?

Plse share your experience if you have baby sending to infant care centre?
Thanks

Ting

pin is not in infant care, but in CC.
basically, chances of mixing up baby's stuff is rare, cos in pin cc, they each hv a shelf n the teachers label the shelf with their names, n place their stuffs there.
to play safe, u can also self label your baby's stuffs.
since your baby is so young, the teacher feeds them one by one,so after they feed they can just wash n put aside first, so wont mix up.

clothes wise, i would suggest long sleeves n pants as most CCs are air conditioned thus it would be better. (the teachers would also advise u on what to pack daily for your child)

if i am not wrong, normally infant cares, they will hv routined nap times for the babies, other than tt, they will hv some activites for them too, like maybe read story books, sing songs n play toys.
of cos, in infant care, u cant expect 100% attention for your child, but i think the care givers there would train your baby not to cry so much n distract him from crying so much.

before enrolling in the infant care,
-choose a few infant care u r comfy with (eg, location)
-check out the pricing (whether it fits your budget)
-go down n take a look.
-check the environment (is it clean n hygiene?)
-observe the how the teachers handle the children.
-speak to the teacher n principal (see if they r friendly or not?)
-observe the children in the centre (most shld be happy n contented except maybe a few whiny kids tt r not used to the centre)
-ask the teacher abt the curriculum/activities for your child. (post any doubts u hv, like in your case, your baby needs to carried at all times, what would they do.)

this shld be it i guess. :)
but, if u really intend to put your child in infant care, do be prepared they may fall sick easily in the first few months, as they r exposed to more germs/viruses n bcos their immune system is not so strong.
btw,why do u wanna put your child into infant care so young?
personally, wouldnt encourage it if there r other alternatives.

JMHO. :)

youngmami

DD infant care does not really leave the babies crying for too long. For a short while when they are busy is unavoidable. There will not be 1-1 attention given.

Depends on whether the infant care is air conditioned. For DD, she is in long sleeve & pants or bodysuit and the uniform by the infant care. You can see what other babies in the infant care are wearing.

Usually parents are asked to label their babies belongings. For things like bottle, teats, pampers, shower gel, cereal, DD infant care has individual label boxes for all the babies to place their belongings.

sanjing07

Alpha Male
My son attended infant care in Bedok for 2.5 weeks already. Before that, I receed abt 3 infant care centre, but end up with this one due to location. If the infant care u going is air-coned, try to let ur kid wear long sleeves, if not, min let him wear booties.

like some of the members here shared, most infant care have small compartments to put your kid's stuff. one compartment at the bathroom, one at the milk and diaper area, and most of them are labelled, though you need to label your kid's stuff too. One thing I dun like abt my infant care is that, they do not sterilise the bottles. So I got to bring 6 bottles everyday, 1 for water, 5 for feeding, though usually they will use 3-4 only. I know of another infant care that does the sterilising.

actvities wise, they do one everyday. But note that f your kid is sleeping, he will miss that.

Ting

hi fioncess,
i think it is at least 1 k n above.
but gov sub is 600 (for full time working parents) if im not wrong. :)

also, depends on which infant care, their charges vary, depending on the standard of the sch.
u might wanna check out a few infant cares, their environment n charges before deciding. :)

littlehelper

Hi i think it is very important that you go down and visit the infant care center and see for yourself and see if you are comfortable with the environment and the teachers play an important role.See how they treat the other babies if you see anything not right like beating the child jus forget about putting your child there as most probably it will happen to your kid too.
For the older kids they do have programmes and activities for the younger ones if they are awake i think the caregivers will either let them lie and play with the hanging toys or if they are free they will talk to baby.

fioncess

Oh. Ok.. Do u know is there any infant care near tiong bahru or any good infant care to recommend.

Ting

my girl is in Little Skool House.
it's a chilcare but they also offer infant care.
for me, i think her CC is pretty good, u might wan to check it out. they hv a few locations.
hers is located at OCBC at chulia st. but if u wan near tiong bahru, i think they hv one at outram, SGH there. but not very sure whether they hv infant care there anot. :)
u can google n search it up.

hstan15

hi girafee think the infant care your bbay is going will give u a list of items to prepare... and amything that they think u wil need to prepare more, they will inform u..my bbay infant care centre has this little book that records what the centre requires me to prepare.. and anything i have to instruct the teachers there, i will write it down also.. some form of communication bet them and me.. and they will give me a list of things that was done.. such as what time was the feeding,changing of diapers etc