Woodgripe water

shulyn

Hi Mummies,

Wondering when you stop feeding your baby woodgripe water? Lately i heard from one of my friend saying she dont' feed her baby this water cos this is like a westernise type of water that contain medicine to clear the wind.

How true is it? Please share your view as im really curious..It sound logic to me as there could be a certain dosage of medicine in the woodgripe water.

I told my mum what my friend share with me and she say baby drink this woodgripe water is so good...

CanCanMum

after my boy was around 6 months or so we stopped feeding oredi

coz there is less chances of reflux as well as wind as they are oredi stable~~~in drinking milk, burping etc.....

i didn't use gripe water but i used colic drops. the use of both medicine is to clear wind in the tummies just like how we adults drink eno to ease gas build up.

i stopped when he started to eat solids at 6 months.

my dear son still has a refluz problem but he doesn't feel pain from the trapped gas anymore because he has learnt how to burp it out or fart it out for that matter. so we just stopped feeding him the medicine.

but if you're intending to feed this, please get an all-clear from your pediatrician first. when we used the colic drops, although it could be bought off-the-shelf at pharmacies, the pediatrician told us to give half the dosage as stated on the box because my dear son was still very young at that time (1 month). dear son only started to take the dosage as stated on the box when he was 4 months.

Phoebii Cheng

We stopped giving to my son when he was abt 8mths old....but the gripe water can be given till 1yrs old I think, I still hv one bottle not used at home.....

snowbear

i didn't use gripe water but i used colic drops. the use of both medicine is to clear wind in the tummies just like how we adults drink eno to ease gas build up.

i stopped when he started to eat solids at 6 months.

my dear son still has a refluz problem but he doesn't feel pain from the trapped gas anymore because he has learnt how to burp it out or fart it out for that matter. so we just stopped feeding him the medicine.

but if you're intending to feed this, please get an all-clear from your pediatrician first. when we used the colic drops, although it could be bought off-the-shelf at pharmacies, the pediatrician told us to give half the dosage as stated on the box because my dear son was still very young at that time (1 month). dear son only started to take the dosage as stated on the box when he was 4 months.
The pd also prescribed colic drops instead n told me to feed tt instead of gripe water

spottycow

I gave for a few days n found that it didn't work. PD gave colic drops as he said it can work better than the gripe water.

At the end, I found out that bb just need to cuddle and he will stop crying. He wasn't colicky at all!! haha

icehody

hi, i gave my baby girl gripe water when she was 2 months old and it sort of calm her down a little. but i only gave it to her when she is unsettled. else can try "cycling in the air" to ease the tummy a little.

however, if your baby cries after every feed or really unsettled, it might be silent reflux. this is really painful. hence you might want to check with your pediatrician abt this.

Ting

i only gv pin once in a while when her tummy feels bloated.
n i think for these 2.5 years i gv her less than 10 times.
only first 6mths gave after tt stopped.

shulyn

Hi Mummies,

After seeing the posts, i realise most of the mummy dont give...The prob is my boy doesnt seem to have much problem like colicky etc but my mum told me its good to give everyday after bath. So from birth till now 8 months we been giving...

Thanks all for sharing!