Worried

CanCanMum

for 1 month plus is very long

Not sure wad kind of poo tat u define as LS..... Watery poo from breastfeeding? OR if u suspect its diarrhea? Is there dehydration??????????

if u r so worried its best to check with a PD to see wadsss wrong?

apollo

i agree with ccm... think u shd check hw watery is the LS.. cos babies passing watery stool, is quite normal.. depends on hw loose and watery it is.. and hw many times a day... is he on FM?? mayb he is not suitable on tt FM??

Phoebii Cheng

Better bring ur bb to see the PD if you think tht your bb LS......

And yea like what cancanmum and apollo says, how watery is ur bb stools? as in water water? or like peanut butter kind? or....? and what colour?

LS for one mth is too long, ur bb could get dehydrated....

Cream

Hey, my baby had the same problem for quite sometime. PD advised us to change to soy milk and the problem was solved. After that I went back to FM, the same thing happen again. So we put her back on soy again. Since the problem persisted, I decided to change her FM. The minute I changed the FM, the problem solved IMMEDIATELY.

But it's still best for you to seek your PD advise. Cos different baby reacts differently to change of FM. But I can tell you, my baby's diarrhoea was really very extreme. It even contains mucus and it can be up to 8 times a day. Her whole butt and even the wee wee there all red. So poor thing.

Thank god I still insisted on changing the FM even tho my PD says not necessary. Maybe you try out soy milk first.

apollo

if is really v watery, den i think might be not suitable on the FM (if he is on FM).. better bring him to a pd.. if the previous one u brought him to is also a pd, then i suggest u to go to another pd... if can, take down the pic of ur baby's stool and show the pd.. tt's wat i did what ds LS..

CanCanMum

Soy milk is for babies who are lactose intolerant issit?

Is your baby all along ok with the brand of FM until recently he always LS on and off????

my boys also the same experience when i change the FM from enfalac step 1 to step 2.... passing watery motion. Then revert back to step 1, poo poo ok.

last month both had diarrheoa dr recommend friso soy and later chg back to enfalac step 1, again watery poo poo, now they are on enfalac lactose intolerance.. so far so gd....

Cream

Soy milk is not only for babies who are lactose intorlerant. Whenever baby has diarrhoea, PD will recommend to put baby on Soy milk for at least one week then do a slow switch back to the normal FM.

For my baby, the problem started when she was 4 months old. She was on Mamex Gold from birth till then and she started LS-ing. Put her on soy milk she's ok, go back to Mamex Gold she LS again. So in the end, I changed her to Friso 1. Problem solved. Hurray. Then at 6 months, after we do the transition to Friso 2, same thing happen again. And this time, worse. Like I mentioned before, watery stools containing mucus. So again we put her on soy milk. Ok again. Go back to Friso 2, LS again. Then tried back Friso 1, no prob. Go back to Friso 2, LS again. I lived my life everyday looking at stools, smelling stools, researching stools, eat, sleep, breathe stools. Been to PD about 4 times on this issue. Total stress out, maid also everyday report on stools color, texture, frequency, etc.

Made a final decision, change to Similac. PROBLEM FINALLY SOLVED! *phew*

serenatoh55

Yayaya realli le.. Like spot check the poo all the time haha n always change the diapers wash with water haha .. Now totalli change to mamil gold I tink is better liao can't mix with enfalac ... Haha thx all the mummies for all the advise....