Wound Recovery

Ros0818

my wound healed in 2 weeks time... everyday washed with warm salty water and keep it dry after washing.. it helps.

u can also prepare warm salty water in a container.. and u sit on it to soak the wound for a while... also helps...
u took natural or c-sect??
how abt natural birth??? u know how long it takes to recover???

mine's natural, fully heal ard 3 wks..
the day i gave birth, able to go down bed and walk ard, but still abit painful.
1wk still abit painful..during the 2nd wk better liao..

diligently use the antiseptic for wound cleaning that they ask me to clean there, after pee, after bath. cus scare infection or wad

j0reen

wooo.. so good.. mine.. 3weeks passed.. but still pain.. no matter is walk, stand or even sitting.. T_T wondering how long it takes to fully recover.. btw, I wasnt given any lotion to apply on my wound.. oni some medicine for wound healing n painkiller.. how come? >.<

Ros0818

mine's natural, fully heal around 3 wks..
the day i gave birth, able to go down bed and walk around, but still abit painful.
1wk still abit painful..during the 2nd wk better ..

diligently use the antiseptic for wound cleaning that they ask me to clean there, after pee, after bath. cus scare infection or what

is urs e dissolving thread??
i oso not sure abt mine... now after 11 days, still not sure whether e thread is still der or not. went thru normal w/ epi....
no more pain... but still so scared to go toilet.... ehehhehe

mine's the dissolving thread, cus i was worried whether need to go back follow up and remove the thread (cus when i pluck my tooth,inside bleeding alot, is used undissolve stitch, have to go back remove). So i just ask her when i discharge, she said nowadays mostly is dissolving thread.

yup, also got prescribe the medication. but i eat until 1wk+..

have u all went back the follow up back after 6wks (given birth)??
was thinking whether to go anot, alot qn to ask her esp menses, but consultation awhile only so ex liao.. so until nw, i haven go..

stonston

Summeradeline, did you take antenatal package? I remembered my package included the check up at 1 week and 6 weeks.

for mine the surface skin healed by the 1st week visit and the whole wound healed by the 6 weeks visit. i did not feel any pain or discomfort at the wound at all. onli first day feels abit sore cos pushed so hard for baby to come out :p

chelle

Mine is a natural delivery with quite a big tear coz i did not know how to push.
Doc say take 2 weeks to fully recover.

The 1st time the nurse make me get up to pee, i almost fainted!

First few days was hell, had to sit on float and super scared to pee coz painful.
Did not even dare to fart coz worry the wound will tear and almost cried when i pass motion. Feel pain even when i took painkiller...

But i listen to my mum advise to lie dwn more and did that for most hours and wound really get better a week later!
No longer need to to do 3-point turn when i get up or lie on my platform bed.

2 weeks later, i was able to squat and bathe my BB!
So i guess lying down really help!

j0reen

Mine is a natural delivery with quite a big tear coz i did not know how to push.
Doc say take 2 weeks to fully recover.

The 1st time the nurse make me get up to pee, i almost fainted!

First few days was hell, had to sit on float and super scared to pee coz painful.
Did not even dare to fart coz worry the wound will tear and almost cried when i pass motion. Feel pain even when i took painkiller...

But i listen to my mum advise to lie dwn more and did that for most hours and wound really get better a week later!
No longer need to to do 3-point turn when i get up or lie on my platform bed.

2 weeks later, i was able to squat and bathe my baby!
So i guess lying down really help!
oO.. squat? I tot cannt squat? cos thy say if we jus gave birth, squat liao hors.. nxt day, our back will be v painful.. izzit true'?

EnFlor

Just to share....for all my after preg wound, i cleaned up using the antiseptic mixture, after that 'shot' it with Gamat Oil. Used the 5ml syringe to do it. good for wound healing and for skin texture

Do u know ? 'Gamat (sea cucumber) More amazingly it can afford to live after being cut and thrown back into the sea. A gamat cut into two, thrown into the sea will join back together.' That means, a tear on your skin, 'joins' back at a faster rate.

PS: I also applied it for treatment after my kids circumcised their cuokoo birds.:001_302:

chelle

oO.. squat? I thought cannt squat? cos thy say if we just gave birth, squat hors.. nxt day, our back will be very painful.. izzit true'?

My gyne say is ok, but no choice have to squat coz have to learn how to bathe my BB!

bellerichez

Just to share....for all my after preg wound, i cleaned up using the antiseptic mixture, after that 'shot' it with Gamat Oil. Used the 5ml syringe to do it. good for wound healing and for skin texture

Do you know ? 'Gamat (sea cucumber) More amazingly it can afford to live after being cut and thrown back into the sea. A gamat cut into two, thrown into the sea will join back together.' That means, a tear on your skin, 'joins' back at a faster rate.

PS: I also applied it for treatment after my kids circumcised their cuokoo birds.:001_302:

Huh? Then the oil won't drip down meh? Shot already need to pat dry anot? So how fast your wound heel back after u use the Gamat Oil?

babymummy

Wanna ask, for natural birth, after giving birth, go toliet do small or big business, pain??
Will the stitches tear if do big business?
aLOt of mummies mention that have to keep that area dry, how to keep it dry?
I thought we will be bleeding alot after giving birth?
im 34 weeks preggy now..
starting to panic now:err:

Wanna ask, for natural birth, after giving birth, go toliet do small or big business, pain??
Will the stitches tear if do big business?
aLOt of mummies mention that have to keep that area dry, how to keep it dry?
I thought we will be bleeding alot after giving birth?
im 34 weeks preggy now..
starting to panic now:err:
do not panic! lol. me too doing alot of research before giving birth 4 months ago.
small business not pain at all but i'm so scared i'd lean fwd abit in order to avoid leaking back to the stiches.
big business also not pain as i was given a stool softener and u supposed to consume that everyday. i took that and no pain during the bombing.
what i do after urinating is juz pat with a wet tissue to clean off the area and use dry tissue to keep it dry. and also rem to change pad regularly.

moonfairy

do not panic! lol. me too doing alot of research before giving birth 4 months ago.
small business not pain at all but i'm so scared i'd lean fwd abit in order to avoid leaking back to the stiches.
big business also not pain as i was given a stool softener and you supposed to consume that everyday. i took that and no pain during the bombing.
what i do after urinating is just pat with a wet tissue to clean off the area and use dry tissue to keep it dry. and also rem to change pad regularly.
Er... My doc only told me to wash with water. Then the nurse told me not to dry the wound. Changing pad regularly is a must I think. Anyway, the pharmarcist gave me medicine for inflammation but I have yet to take it at all. Still experience soreness. I think I had better eat some medicine just in case.

Ariel Chong

Wondering how long does the wound heals?

Today is 4th day after delivery and the wound below hurt sooooooo much after i wash n apply lotion.

:nah:
for me, its already the 7th day but the wound still hurts a lot esp when i sit and walk.. horrible.. the pain is unbearable! called the dr and the dr told me that the pain will be there for at least 2 weeks... so worried..
the loyion which tmc gave dosn't wrk on me.. its giving me stinging pain!!!

i feel so depress!:embarrassed:

Justina

When i had my son, the wound took 5.5 weeks to fully recover! I religously wash everytime i go toilet and the prolonged pain had affected me. I couldnt carry my newborn even though i wanted to very much. I couldnt sit properly even during his full month party. It didnt hurt that long when i had my daughter. I tot that i had infection or whatever complication. When visited my gynea for post natal check i raised the question and she told me that my blood veins bursted because i pushed too hard...

Yes, u know why i pushed so hard? Cos when i had my daughter i pushed for an hour but she still cant come out and ended up forcep. So when i was in labour abt to deliver my son, they passed me the statistics that most birth (over 90%) are natural (without assistance of forcep or vacuum). So i told myself i do not want forcep this time.

The other reason is that forcep made me wear the catheter for 2 days! Unfortunately i ended up wearing the catheter again...sigh!

maine78

My wound took 4mths to recover. My stitches never dissolved or drop off. After bearing the terrible pain for 4weeks, i went back to see my gynae and he's shocked to see my stitches still there and wound still raw (one nurse commented that it looks like the same day it was stitched when i delivered) To make it worse, my wound area is inflammed and covered with pus-filled pimples. My gynae removed the stitches for me (damn painful) and i was told to avoid walking ard as the wound will tear (which i can't as i'm doing my confinement alone with my baby). I had to soak my wound in salt water for 2 weeks before the pain subsided but the pimple thing took another 2-3mths to disappear.

So if you see your stitches still there after the 2nd week, please call and consult your gynae.