Irregular period

Jenni

Hi Mummy,

Care to share, I have a irregular period, I was trying for the second baby since Oct 08 till now still no good news yet. Is it because of the irregular period. What should i do?

Imah

Hi Mummy,

Care to share, I have a irregular period, I was trying for the second baby since Oct 08 till now still no good news yet. Is it because of the irregular period. What should i do?
hi Jenni,

Yes high chances due to your irregulat period. But some they can conceive despite having irregular period. consult a doc to get ur cycle in order, usually they will give hormone pills which turn out to be contraceptive pills to regulate. Y not u try some chinese herbals which i believe our fellow chinese mates can recommend =)

CanCanMum

Hi Mummy,

maybe or maybe not....

coz i too have irregular menses...

did u drink Ba Zhen soup everytime yr menses are over?

it helps to replenish blood loss and helps to regulate menstruation.

u can buy off the shelf from medical halls in bottled forms or if not troublesome u can brew it yourself.

forbearing

Hi Mummy,

i also have irregular period from young till now..
was told that i might have difficulty to conceive.
but i got preggy after 3 months of trying..
think luck is with me..
:wong29:
i went si ma lu pray..
my friend told me to get 2 sets of bb's clothing (1 boy 1 girl) to put it inside my drawer..it is to let your god,shen,buddha to know that you are ready to have a kid..i choose to believe and am really preggie after 1month +..
never consult doctor or gynae..
my 2 cents worth of advise..haha
maybe am too superstitious already?? :err:

lawla12

Hi Mummy,

see gynae baaaa...smtimes, its better to check yaaa...

i've very irregular mensus too.....i belong to PCO type........

i'm still trying HARD ttc yaaaa......did my 1st IUI on 25th Feb n my mensus came 10days later........zzzzzzzzzzz....super sianzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

duhduh

see gynae baaaa...smtimes, its better to check yaaa...

i've very irregular mensus too.....i belong to PCO type........

i'm still trying HARD ttc yaaaa......did my 1st IUI on 25th Feb n my mensus came 10days later........zzzzzzzzzzz....super sianzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ahh i just went see gynae today coz AF didnt come last month. She also told me next visit go for scan to see whether i PCO...PCO is what ah?

how 'irregular' is your 'irregular'?

lawla12

i also have irregular period from young till now..
was told that i might have difficulty to conceive.
but i got preggy after 3 months of trying..
think luck is with me..
:wong29:
i went si ma lu pray..
my friend told me to get 2 sets of bb's clothing (1 boy 1 girl) to put it inside my drawer..it is to let your god,shen,buddha to know that you are ready to have a kid..i choose to believe and am really preggie after 1month +..
never consult doctor or gynae..
my 2 cents worth of advise..haha
maybe am too superstitious already?? :err:

hahaha..smtimes, i oso feel if being superstitious can "ease" our worries...Y NOT TRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but me no such luck leh...i went loyang "da po gong" n pray.....no luck....sob sobz......

lawla12

ahh i just went see gynae today coz AF didnt come last month. She also told me next visit go for scan to see whether i PCO...PCO is what ah?

how 'irregular' is your 'irregular'?

my AF is usually 26days-(happened ONCE only) to 52days...

for the past 3mths whr i took clomid, my AF is 35days, 38days, 51days......

tis mth, i took injection n did IUI...i'm not pregnant, my AF was 28days cycle......

SIANZ!!!!

PCO = (polycystic ovaries)

PCOS means polycystic ovarian syndrome and is a condition where – in addition to having polycstic ovaries - a woman also has the following:
  • higher than normal amounts of androgen (the male sex hormone) and/or
  • infrequent or no ovulation. ----Mine is tis one lohhh
Infrequent or no ovulation can not be directly seen, but can lead to the following symptoms:
  • disrupted menstruation cycle as evidenced by long intervals between menstruation cycles – or no menstruation at all.
  • difficulty becoming pregnant caused by lack of ovulation.

u can check out tis webbie if u wan more infor
Nordica - PCO

duhduh

my AF is usually 26days-(happened ONCE only) to 52days...

for the past 3mths whr i took clomid, my AF is 35days, 38days, 51days......

tis mth, i took injection n did IUI...i'm not pregnant, my AF was 28days cycle......

SIANZ!!!!

PCO = (polycystic ovaries)

PCOS means polycystic ovarian syndrome and is a condition where – in addition to having polycstic ovaries - a woman also has the following:
  • higher than normal amounts of androgen (the male sex hormone) and/or
  • infrequent or no ovulation. ----Mine is tis one lohhh
Infrequent or no ovulation can not be directly seen, but can lead to the following symptoms:
  • disrupted menstruation cycle as evidenced by long intervals between menstruation cycles – or no menstruation at all.
  • difficulty becoming pregnant caused by lack of ovulation.
u can check out tis webbie if u wan more infor
Nordica - PCO
Hi Lawla
Wow, thanks for the explanation...think the doc suspect me PCO coz recently start to skip months or delayed mense. haha, no wonder just now gynae ask me got grow a lot of hair around me or not..i was still wondering why.....she scared i got too much male hormones

Jenni

Hi all mummys,

Thanks for the advise, i will try all the ways and hope it can work for me,
My period some time comes around 2 mths later or some time 30+ days.
When ever i throught there may have gd news but after awhile period come.
My last period comes at 8 Feb till now haven't come still waiting and see how. Don dare to think too much or go for test. So eagle to let my ger have accompany.

Jenni

maybe or maybe not....

u can buy off the shelf from medical halls in bottled forms or if not troublesome u can brew it yourself.
Hi Cancanmum,

Is it only drink after menses? I jus go buy today.

lawla12

maybe or maybe not....

tat ba zhen, is not heaty meh ???? whenever i eat "bai fong wan", i always fall sick....in the end, i juz brew "dang gui", wolfberries, "mi zao" wif chkn instead.......

CanCanMum

tat ba zhen, is not heaty meh ???? whenever i eat "bai fong wan", i always fall sick....in the end, i juz brew "dang gui", wolfberries, "mi zao" wif chkn instead.......
not heaty leh......maybe u r "Re Qing Ru Huo" tats why~kekekekke:001_302::001_302::001_302:

as far as i am aware, Bai Fong Wan is not suitable for everyone.

I dink hor your own recipe lacks somedin worh.....if not will not be called Ba Zhen Soup liao......supposed to have 8 ingredients i dink....hahhahahhahha dunno la......but its a passed down tradition to drink it everytime after menstruation.

lawla12

not heaty leh......maybe u r "Re Qing Ru Huo" tats why~kekekekke:001_302::001_302::001_302:

as far as i am aware, Bai Fong Wan is not suitable for everyone.

I dink hor your own recipe lacks somedin worh.....if not will not be called Ba Zhen Soup liao......supposed to have 8 ingredients i dink....hahhahahhahha dunno la......but its a passed down tradition to drink it everytime after menstruation.
so tat ba zhen, is powder or wad harr ???? juz brew like tat ??? no need add chkn???? can add ba zhen, dang gui, wolfberries n "mi zao", chkn n brew for 2hrs????????????????????????????????????????

CanCanMum

Got 2 ways of getting ba zhen soup.

1) go medical hall to buy the herbs, juz tell them u wan herbs for Ba Zhen Soup and they will prepack a set for u. Gotta brew like 2 hours and u can add an egg inside for extra nutrients....but i donx dink anyone does tat anymore.....so troublesome la, hor! Where got time?

2) u can buy from medical hall those bottled ones, like chicken essence. Easier. Before u drink juz immerse the bottle into a bowl of hot water to warm it up. Works as well as home brewed ones.

taste arh, Strong herb taste, super sweet. Those thick browny soup in colour. Actually i dun like the taste at all.....lols!!

Heres extract from the website nuherbs for reference:
Herbal Times® Herbal Extracts (Formula)

Ba Zhen Tang

Ingredients

Dang Gui (Chinese Angelica Root)
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]Angelica sinensis; Radix[/FONT] 18.20% Di Huang -shu (Rehmannia Root (Prepared))
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]Rehmannia glutinosa; Radix Praep.[/FONT] 18.20% Bai Shao (Chinese White Peony Root)
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]Paeonia lactiflora; Radix[/FONT] 12.10% Bai Zhu (Bai-zhu Atractylodes Rhizome)
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]Atractylodes macrocephala; Rhizoma[/FONT] 12.10% Dang Shen (Codonopsis Root)
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]Codonopsis spp.; Radix[/FONT] 12.10% Fu Ling (Poria; Hoelen; Tuckahoe)
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]Poria cocos; Sclerotium[/FONT] 12.10% Chuan Xiong (Sichuan Lovage Root)
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]Ligusticum chuanxiong; Radix[/FONT] 9.10% Gan Cao -zhi (Licorice Root-honey fried)
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]Glycyrrhiza spp.; Radix Praeparata[/FONT] 6.10%

ZombieMum

Ba Zhen available in bottle?? What is the taste? Is it like chicken essence, just open bottle and drink?
Ba Zhen is best to brew and the taste is not that pleasant to normal people. What I usually do is get the ready packaging from medicine hall, put all the ingredients in the slow cooker and brew it for about 6-8 hours. U may add extra ingredients like 'Mi Zhao' (honey dried dates) to make it taste better and add in an egg (hard boiled egg) to consume together. It will taste a lot better :)

ZombieMum

Got 2 ways of getting ba zhen soup.

1) go medical hall to buy the herbs, juz tell them u wan herbs for Ba Zhen Soup and they will prepack a set for u. Gotta brew like 2 hours and u can add an egg inside for extra nutrients....but i donx dink anyone does tat anymore.....so troublesome la, hor! Where got time?

2) u can buy from medical hall those bottled ones, like chicken essence. Easier. Before u drink juz immerse the bottle into a bowl of hot water to warm it up. Works as well as home brewed ones.

taste arh, Strong herb taste, super sweet. Those thick browny soup in colour. Actually i dun like the taste at all.....lols!!

Heres extract from the website nuherbs for reference:
Herbal Times® Herbal Extracts (Formula)

Ba Zhen Tang

Ingredients

Dang Gui (Chinese Angelica Root)
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]Angelica sinensis; Radix[/FONT] 18.20% Di Huang -shu (Rehmannia Root (Prepared))
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]Rehmannia glutinosa; Radix Praep.[/FONT] 18.20% Bai Shao (Chinese White Peony Root)
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]Paeonia lactiflora; Radix[/FONT] 12.10% Bai Zhu (Bai-zhu Atractylodes Rhizome)
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]Atractylodes macrocephala; Rhizoma[/FONT] 12.10% Dang Shen (Codonopsis Root)
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]Codonopsis spp.; Radix[/FONT] 12.10% Fu Ling (Poria; Hoelen; Tuckahoe)
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]Poria cocos; Sclerotium[/FONT] 12.10% Chuan Xiong (Sichuan Lovage Root)
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]Ligusticum chuanxiong; Radix[/FONT] 9.10% Gan Cao -zhi (Licorice Root-honey fried)
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]Glycyrrhiza spp.; Radix Praeparata[/FONT] 6.10%
Haha, CanCanMum...I still add in ingredients to my self brewed Ba Zhen soup ler! :p The traditional way...it's more pure lor than those u get ready made one, in my opinion. I don't like the taste as well!! But no choice, have to drink it for our body sake, haha.

CanCanMum

Haha, CanCanMum...I still add in ingredients to my self brewed Ba Zhen soup ler! :p The traditional way...it's more pure lor than those u get ready made one, in my opinion. I don't like the taste as well!! But no choice, have to drink it for our body sake, haha.
yaya! i saw yr post after i send in mine...lols!!

but hor last time my mum told me to eat the egg up...jialat!

tat egg tastes like SWEET? how to eat sweet egg? ..........zzzz

but i really hated the taste. Too sweet liaoz