Anyone TTC by IUI?

Oink

oh u did the IVI..so how much have to pay????hmm how come dr cheng never mentioned abt the IVI to me....:err:
No nid to pay cos it's self-administered... that means do at home... Dun know leh, mayb diff problems diff needs?!? Well, also mayb cos we already tried naturally for quite a number of years, so try more clinical way. See whether it works better for us.

At least, u got more than 1 egg lor... I only had 1 miserable follicle growing... it's always 1 follicle per cycle... so chances are lower... :embarrassed:

lawla12

No nid to pay cos it's self-administered... that means do at home... Dun know leh, mayb diff problems diff needs?!? Well, also mayb cos we already tried naturally for quite a number of years, so try more clinical way. See whether it works better for us.

At least, u got more than 1 egg lor... I only had 1 miserable follicle growing... it's always 1 follicle per cycle... so chances are lower... :embarrassed:
u got ask Dr Cheng if u can take clomid????? or other fertity drug?

Oink

u got ask Dr Cheng if u can take clomid????? or other fertity drug?
Actually I've been taking clomid each cycle for quite a number of years liao... prescribed by previous doc... mayb that's y tis cycle is all natural... no fertility drug at all! Think he wants to monitor my natural cycle lor.

marlysha

Actually I've been taking clomid each cycle for quite a number of years liao... prescribed by previous doc... mayb that's y tis cycle is all natural... no fertility drug at all! Think he wants to monitor my natural cycle lor.

i was told that we could only take clomid for 6 cycle...more than tat is not advisable...maybe tats y dr cheng didnt give u clomid...

Oink

i was told that we could only take clomid for 6 cycle...more than tat is not advisable...maybe tats y dr cheng didnt give u clomid...
Ya, something like that... think he was quite surprised my previous doc juz keep prescribing & prescribing... mayb that's y my poor little follicle can't grow well.. :embarrassed:

marlysha

dunt say like that..lets pray tat we will get BFP...okay...so counting down 2ww....

ally

hello to all
i m new here n very blur but i like this forum , jus found this website.
i jus did my ivf not iui but wasnt successful! very disappointed! very sad too!

Oink

hello to all
Hi Ally, welcome to the forum! Sad to hear abt your failed IVF... did the doc say what happen? Take it easy... & cheer up!

lawla12

hello to all
ya...did gynae say y fail ???

from my understanding, they say from IVF, since they can see the quality of the "egg" n they wash the sperms, they r able to tell y the process fail unlike IUI....

by the way, u did it in which hospital ??? can claim rite ?

babylemon

Hi Ally, sorry to hear about it. Appreciate that you can share your experience as I am also thinking of trying IVF. TMC offers simplified-IVF, not too sure whether it is much difference fm others. Thanks!

ally

hi all
i did my ivf at kkh, total cost 13k+, 6k by medisave,3k govt subsidy the rest by cash. normal cost abt 6k+. mine was expensive cos of the high dosage of puregon injection i need to take abt $440+ per day!
i met 1 doing iui, 2 doing ivf at the hospital, guess wat ?????? all of us Failed !!!
no explanation was given by our gynae.

ally

hi babylemon
the whole ivf process is quite long. i ve my first injection (lucrin) on the 4 jan then on 29 jan add in puregon injection , so 2 injections together then start scanning to see the follicle are of the rite size , if yes go back at nite to the hopital to take another injection , 1 day later extract follicle to find eggs ,after tat 1 day later transfer in embryo then injection again all the way to blood test to confirm whether u r pregnant or not . my process ended on the 7 march blood test negative .
it is very time consuming. i tink all ivf the process is the same. no short cut!

Oink

hi all
i did my ivf at kkh, total cost 13k+, 6k by medisave,3k govt subsidy the rest by cash. normal cost abt 6k+. mine was expensive cos of the high dosage of puregon injection i need to take abt $440+ per day!
i met 1 doing iui, 2 doing ivf at the hospital, guess wat ?????? all of us Failed !!!
Welcome to the world of public hosp. I did 3 IUIs in SGH... all failed! But yet no explanation... only ask me to think abt doing IVF next... which is why I decided to switch to pte, to get better expert advice. :001_302:

ally

Welcome to the world of public hosp. I did 3 IUIs in SGH... all failed! But yet no explanation... only ask me to think abt doing IVF next... which is why I decided to switch to pte, to get better expert advice. :001_302:
do u know tat kkh is a pte hospital ?? i can sae tat we r are at the expert (gynae) mercy since we not medical expert

Oink

do u know tat kkh is a pte hospital ?? i can sae tat we r are at the expert (gynae) mercy since we not medical expert
Actually KKH & SGH are restructured hosp... meaning kinda pte but still run like govt! :001_302: Ya, but I agree... since we r not expert, then no choice... doc say "sit", we "sit"... "do" we "do"... guess we can't really pinpoint them cos we dun know wat shd be the actual process... sigh... pay so much but yet such care?!? :nah:

babylemon

Hi Ally, thanks for the info...! Actually I am also very reluctant to try as there is so many injections and need to take time to extract eggs and all. Just going to TMC itself is already quite stressful as I had to see the dr during my lunch hrs and sometimes the waiting time is very long. But the dr has confirmed that IVF is my only chance. I just wonder whether there is miracle in this world...

Hi Oink, sad to hear abt ur IUI experience too. I am not too sure abt other hospitals but at TMC I managed to find the root of the problem. The damage already cost me $2500. Sad to say I dont even have a chance to try IUI as the chances is too low. Hope tat u will succeed under Dr Cheng.

Oink

Hi Oink, sad to hear abt ur IUI experience too. I am not too sure abt other hospitals but at TMC I managed to find the root of the problem. The damage already cost me $2500. Sad to say I dont even have a chance to try IUI as the chances is too low. Hope tat u will succeed under Dr Cheng.
Thanks babylemon... ya, praying that I'll succeed under Dr Cheng too and at minimal cost! Without doing anything & juz tracking 1st cycle... already spent approx. $800... :nah: Well, will see what happens next! :001_302:

marilynn

hello to all
Hi Ally....
I understand how you feel...coz all of us feel the same way too... thats y we are here to support and share with one another....

I've done IUI twice and its unsuccessful... The rest did the same like Oink, Lawla and Marylsha... eventhough we are dissappointed but we are still strong coz we have each other.

Don't worry keep on trying hopefully all of us strike together...:Dancing_wub:

marilynn

hi all
hmmph...KK... I will never step into that hospital... I did my IUI twice there... NO EXPLANATION... AND NO EVERYTHING!!
ONLY JAB JAB JAB TO MAKE MY BODY FATTT!!
Anyways I'm on Break for 2-3months before trying chinese medical...