Anyone TTC by IUI?

ally

hi babylemon
did yr gynae tell u y u have to do ivf?
i found out from frens whom i met at kkh they were told tat they cant ovulate n so need ivf which i tink is not neccessary! unlike my case which is v complicated n ivf is the only choice left, i may go for my 2nd attempt but this rd is call natural ivf whereby i did not to inject from lucrin ,will start from after my menses then start monitoring my follicle to the rite size then go 4 extraction n follow by transfer n is cheaper ard 4k if not mistaken.

ally

hmmph...KK... I will never step into that hospital... I did my IUI twice there... NO EXPLANATION... AND NO EVERYTHING!!
ONLY JAB JAB JAB TO MAKE MY BODY FATTT!!
Anyways I'm on Break for 2-3months before trying chinese medical...[/quohi

hi marilynn ,
i agree wif u . they keep giving me high dosage of injection till i cant walk at all! my whole thigh was full of bruises! i taken pictures of my bruises thigh if got chances then show u. furthermore they dun encourage chinses herb at all, simple one like ba zhen and bai feng wan also cant!!!

lawla12

hi babylemon
the whole ivf process is quite long. i ve my first injection (lucrin) on the 4 jan then on 29 jan add in puregon injection , so 2 injections together then start scanning to see the follicle are of the rite size , if yes go back at nite to the hopital to take another injection , 1 day later extract follicle to find eggs ,after tat 1 day later transfer in embryo then injection again all the way to blood test to confirm whether u r pregnant or not . my process ended on the 7 march blood test negative .
it is very time consuming. i tink all ivf the process is the same. no short cut!

hhmm....tats strange...i was told by my gynae tat IVF can tell u y the process failed leh.....cos they examine the egg, the sperms etc.......

then guess, going public for my IVF is OUT yaaa...i tot of going for IVF in public if my 2nd IUI fail....

Oink

hi marilynn ,
i agree wif u . they keep giving me high dosage of injection till i cant walk at all! my whole thigh was full of bruises! i taken pictures of my bruises thigh if got chances then show u. furthermore they dun encourage chinses herb at all, simple one like ba zhen and bai feng wan also cant!!!
Eww... is the injection that bad? Hiaz, I dun really like injections... & still have to take so many till bruises? Oh dear! Hopefully, I do not have to go down the IVF route... not sure if I can take the stress after hearing all these.

Hey Lawla, it will be cheaper doing IVF in KK or SGH, rather than pte. U might want to think abt the cost leh.

babylemon

Hi Ally, The nurse roughly told me that it takes 2 mths to complete the whole process. First month to take pills for 20 over days then the second month to moniter the growth of the follicles and take injections daily for at least 8 days. Then she mentioned about extracting the follicles which takes only abt max 15mins and rest an hr then can go home aldy. Later she said abt putting the egg back and wait 17 days to test for pregnancy. She also said here is simplified-IVF which is different fm other hospitals as got lesser injections.

Wah, after I hear everything I was dumbfounded. It was also disheartening to hear tat IVF is my only choice. The doc did mention that the younger we do IVF, the eggs quality are better. But one of the doc also said that it is not 100% effective as even natural pregnancy is about 30% chance. And he added that if egg and sperm doesnt develop into an embryo, they wont koe the reason also as they wld hv aldy selected the eggs and best sperm for fertilisation.

As this whole process is v tedious and so ex (cost $10-14k), I am still considering whether I shld choose this IVF option. Also, I feel that luck is not on my side.

hi babylemon
did yr gynae tell u y u have to do ivf?
i found out from frens whom i met at kkh they were told tat they cant ovulate n so need ivf which i tink is not neccessary! unlike my case which is v complicated n ivf is the only choice left, i may go for my 2nd attempt but this rd is call natural ivf whereby i did not to inject from lucrin ,will start from after my menses then start monitoring my follicle to the rite size then go 4 extraction n follow by transfer n is cheaper ard 4k if not mistaken.

ally

Hi Ally, The nurse roughly told me that it takes 2 mths to complete the whole process. First month to take pills for 20 over days then the second month to moniter the growth of the follicles and take injections daily for at least 8 days. Then she mentioned about extracting the follicles which takes only abt max 15mins and rest an hr then can go home aldy. Later she said abt putting the egg back and wait 17 days to test for pregnancy. She also said here is simplified-IVF which is different fm other hospitals as got lesser injections.

Wah, after I hear everything I was dumbfounded. It was also disheartening to hear tat IVF is my only choice. The doc did mention that the younger we do IVF, the eggs quality are better. But one of the doc also said that it is not 100% effective as even natural pregnancy is about 30% chance. And he added that if egg and sperm doesnt develop into an embryo, they wont koe the reason also as they wld hv aldy selected the eggs and best sperm for fertilisation.

As this whole process is v tedious and so ex (cost $10-14k), I am still considering whether I shld choose this IVF option. Also, I feel that luck is not on my side.

hi babylemon

i ve went thro the whole ivf process n met a few frens from the kkh. the whole process is very time consuming as u ve to back for scaning of follicles. all my frens ivf cost ard 6K + paid by govt subsidy n medisave no cash at all, unlike mine i ve to pd abt 4k in cash cos of the high dosage of injection i took.
wat the nurse has mention to u is roughly n i tink she has cut short lots of steps.

first u ve to go for saline infusion sonohysterography (sis) after yr menses to check yr womb from wat i know lots of gynae skip this step which is v impt if yr womb is not in gd condition then no use. a fren of mine skip this step as her gynae didnt mention at all as a result her ivf failed , after which she change gynae n went for the sis n found out tat there is a lining on the center of her womb which make implanation of embryo not possible

then meet social worker for counselling. then come the actual process

stage 1 take injection 1 . suppression of hormone
stage 2 take injection 1 & 2 together. stimulate eggs grow + scan
stage 3 take injection 3 only . to ripen egg
stage 4 day surgery to extract follicles abt 15 to 30 mins then rest for 3 to 4 hrs
stage 5 embryo transfer n take follic acid
stage 6 take injection 4 n take blood test for gd news
all take abt 2 months to complete

babylemon

Hi Ally, thanks for sharing! I tot IVF still need to pay cash no matter wat. Not too sure whether KKH has more subsidy than TMC cos the nurse only mention the medisave. Anyway, I try to put this IVF tot away first and try TCM to tiao body. Heard tat acupuncture can also help to improve the chances. Sigh, I am trying so hard to be positive. Feel very drained now, mentally and financially....

Oink

Hi Ally, thanks for sharing! I tot IVF still need to pay cash no matter wat. Not too sure whether KKH has more subsidy than TMC cos the nurse only mention the medisave. Anyway, I try to put this IVF tot away first and try TCM to tiao body. Heard tat acupuncture can also help to improve the chances. Sigh, I am trying so hard to be positive. Feel very drained now, mentally and financially....
Dun worry, babylemon... most of us here are going thru the same emotional and financial stress. I oso putting IVF aside 1st though failed 3 IUIs. It is something more draining & definitely much more stressful... dun really want to go thru it until I'm prepared to face it. But at least, you still have all of us here to support... so hang in there! & take it easy!

BTW, heard the public hosp has more subsidy than pte ones...

hibabe

Hi ladies,

I'm new to this forum. Attracted to it as the topic is pretty close to my heart. I am currently pregnant (thank god!) due to failed IUI.. yes you heard me right.

What happen was hubby and me been trying for about 1.5yrs b4 seeking IUI. During this 1.5yrs, we saw a Chinese doctor in Jurong East (by just feeling my wrist, she could tell hubby and me what was wrong with us. THis info had taken me 1yr and some hundreds of $ to find out from hospital gynae-shd hv just came to her straight!) As I found it tiring to see her (must queue early in morning on wkends and tho consultation free, medication not v cheap), I moved to SGH fertility clinic. First 2 rounds of preparation to IUI failed as 1st one didn't get me ovulated (clomid nt enough), 2nd ovulated too fast (think my ovaries shock by the increased dosage of clomid!), only the 3rd one I managed to go thru the whole IUI process. Indeed thousand of trips to SGH and tiring. Gynae was nice to say since I was on medication for almost 2 yrs total, gv my body a break before taking my clomid again in Dec (it was Sept then) It was during this break that I got pregnant NATURALLY! I believe my ovaries continued pumping even when I stopped taking clomid (all the while b4 trying IUI, I don't ovulate)!

2 advises from me:
1)Nurse told me 'Every war need alot of soldiers. So even if they help us with some soldiers(IUI), the war can definitely do with MORE SOLDIERS!' haha. Be hardworking in the bedroom.:)

2) DOn't try IUI or IVF blindly. Know your problem and the gynae should be able to work this out with you. If fellopian tubes are the problem, go for the test. If ovaries not working hard or eggs hardly ripe, get right medication. If sperm is the problem, get the vitamins or medication for him to adjust it. Sometimes 'fine-tuning' good to seek help from Chinese docs. :)

Good luck ladies!

ps. the nice gynae who worked hand in hand with me is Dr TT Yong.

babylemon

Thanks Oink! Yes I have heard of many more sad experiences as well. And here is where I can find some comfort as I did not have the courage to share such things to my colleagues or frens. While men usually takes things more easily, women tend to be more emotional. Thanks to those who give me strength to continue this TTC journey...:wong19:

Oink

Thanks hibabe... it is always encouraging to hear of success cases whichever method. Wow! So u r the same as me... I oso did IUI 3 times in SGH. 1st 2 times were done by Dr Yong and 3rd time by Dr Chieng. But guess I'm not so fortunate as you, I've also been taking clomid for about 2 years... but none of these doc actually sat me down to give me advice... sad.

While I explore my further options (with pte doc tis time), I'll be trying naturally too. I'm oso praying that I'll be like u, succcessful thru natural ways then no nid to go thru all the procedures again. :001_302:

Hi babylemon, totally agree the hubby usually take it more likely than us. But never mind, we got each other to support... hee!

ally

hi hibabe

can u describe more of yr experience wif tat jurong woman sinseh who i heard a lot of it n tinking of visiting her
thanks

I'm new to this forum. Attracted to it as the topic is pretty close to my heart. I am currently pregnant (thank god!) due to failed IUI.. yes you heard me right.

What happen was hubby and me been trying for about 1.5yrs b4 seeking IUI. During this 1.5yrs, we saw a Chinese doctor in Jurong East (by just feeling my wrist, she could tell hubby and me what was wrong with us. THis info had taken me 1yr and some hundreds of $ to find out from hospital gynae-shd hv just came to her straight!) As I found it tiring to see her (must queue early in morning on wkends and tho consultation free, medication not v cheap), I moved to SGH fertility clinic. First 2 rounds of preparation to IUI failed as 1st one didn't get me ovulated (clomid nt enough), 2nd ovulated too fast (think my ovaries shock by the increased dosage of clomid!), only the 3rd one I managed to go thru the whole IUI process. Indeed thousand of trips to SGH and tiring. Gynae was nice to say since I was on medication for almost 2 yrs total, gv my body a break before taking my clomid again in Dec (it was Sept then) It was during this break that I got pregnant NATURALLY! I believe my ovaries continued pumping even when I stopped taking clomid (all the while b4 trying IUI, I don't ovulate)!

2 advises from me:
1)Nurse told me 'Every war need alot of soldiers. So even if they help us with some soldiers(IUI), the war can definitely do with MORE SOLDIERS!' haha. Be hardworking in the bedroom.:)

2) DOn't try IUI or IVF blindly. Know your problem and the gynae should be able to work this out with you. If fellopian tubes are the problem, go for the test. If ovaries not working hard or eggs hardly ripe, get right medication. If sperm is the problem, get the vitamins or medication for him to adjust it. Sometimes 'fine-tuning' good to seek help from Chinese docs. :)

Good luck ladies!

ps. the nice gynae who worked hand in hand with me is Dr TT Yong.[/quote]

ally

hi hibabe

can u describe more of yr experience wif tat jurong woman sinseh who i heard a lot of it n tinking of visiting her
thanks

2 advises from me:

Good luck ladies!

ps. the nice gynae who worked hand in hand with me is Dr TT Yong.
[/quote]

hi hibabe

can u share yr experience wif tat jurong woman sinseh whom i heard is good
as i tot of seeking her advice
thanks

hibabe

Hi Ally,

Sure, the Chinese physician felt my hubby wrist and within seconds she described to us the quality of his sperm and even advise him of his health situation! (which has nothing to do with the sperm) She then touched my wrist and told me of the health of my eggs and she says I've got polycycstic (nt sure of spelling) ovarian symdrome. (It took me a yr after all sorts of test to find this out from my gynae!) She suspected I may have endometrosis too and explained how my womb is tilted etc. Then she said I can't take toufu as it reacted with my womb. Guess what, she's right mann! I always wonder why I suffered from gastric after taking certain soupy stuff. After that day, I avoided yong toufu and my mum stopped using soya beans to make soup base, I was ok after that!

As she is a chinese physician, she worked closely with a gynae in Paragon and that gynae confirmed my endometrosis! All these happened within short time, not like in hospital. At the end of the day, she 'scolded' hubby for not trying hard enough as she still sees possibility of me getting pregnant.haha. She always side the ladies! :)

Her medication can range from $100+ to $300 from my experience. It's chinese medication to 'fine tune' hubby and my body. Btw, for conceiving purpose, she ONLY sees BOTH busband and wife and CANNOT just the wife.

Must pre-plan your timing to see her too. Mon&Tue close. Wed -Fri can take number by phone and Sat-Sun must queue before the clinic open. For us, if we go during wkday, I call at 6.30am (when they open) or slightly earlier (I think their clock abit faster) to ask for the last number so that hubby can make it late afternoon. Normally it's about 3plus pm. THey close at 4pm. Wkend open at 6.30am, so in order to be the first few, we start queuing about 4.30am. By 6am, the queue is quite long liao and I think you may need to wait till afternoon for your turn. Btw, it's physical Q, not take number. THough chinese medication always take a few months to see effect, at least you get to find out what's wrong and you can go back to your gynae to diagnose the problem straight without wasting more time/$. Of course, I took a few dosages from the physician cos cannot see her and don't pay right? She doesn't charge for consultation. But when taking Chinese medication, don't take western medicine.

Hope the above gives a clearer picture! :)

hibabe

Btw Ally, my first encounshter with the chinese physician left me thinking she's amazing! Even my hubby who is not one with light ears, feels she's like a God! haha.

Since you are with Pte hospital aredy, then good luck! If they are expensive and many tests to find out this and that, maybe you can try this Jurong physician before continuing with your gynae. Then maybe you will be in a position to tell your gynae what's your problem instead of having the gynae tell you. haha.

For those of you in SGH, I suggest you insist on having Dr TT Yong around when you visit the fertility clinic. THen you let her know how long you've been trying. FOr me, I had been on medication since 2003 to regulate my menses (was already haywire then) and it's just that the gynae changed my medication when I told him I decided to try for bb in early 2007. I think Dr Wong, emphathised my situation of taking medication for so long and she planned with me according to my IUI result and advised me against IVF then.

lawla12

Btw Ally, my first encounshter with the chinese physician left me thinking she's amazing! Even my hubby who is not one with light ears, feels she's like a God! haha.

Since you are with Pte hospital aredy, then good luck! If they are expensive and many tests to find out this and that, maybe you can try this Jurong physician before continuing with your gynae. Then maybe you will be in a position to tell your gynae what's your problem instead of having the gynae tell you. haha.

For those of you in SGH, I suggest you insist on having Dr TT Yong around when you visit the fertility clinic. THen you let her know how long you've been trying. FOr me, I had been on medication since 2003 to regulate my menses (was already haywire then) and it's just that the gynae changed my medication when I told him I decided to try for bb in early 2007. I think Dr Wong, emphathised my situation of taking medication for so long and she planned with me according to my IUI result and advised me against IVF then.
i'm tinking of switching to TCM if my 2nd IUI fail yaaaa...but still not sure which TCM i shd go.....heard many good TCM, but all VERY VERY far leh....

any good TCM in the east ?????????

hi all
i did my ivf at kkh, total cost 13k+, 6k by medisave,3k govt subsidy the rest by cash. normal cost abt 6k+. mine was expensive cos of the high dosage of puregon injection i need to take abt $440+ per day!
i met 1 doing iui, 2 doing ivf at the hospital, guess wat ?????? all of us Failed !!!
no explanation was given by our gynae.

Hi, I am Kate. This is my first posting. I also do my IVF at KKH. Same as u, I also need the high dosage of puregon injection. Will go back to KKH on 27/4 to check whether preg or not.

Oink

Hi, I am Kate. This is my first posting. I also do my IVF at KKH. Same as u, I also need the high dosage of puregon injection. Will go back to KKH on 27/4 to check whether preg or not.
Hi Kate, all the best to you & welcome of the forum! Hope you will strike & be blessed wif bb. Keep us posted! :001_302:

lawla12

stay cool ~

dun add stress to uself yaaa......haf gd rest too!!!

good luck n JIAYOU arr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:shyxxx::shyxxx: