let me RANT!

apollo

Hmmm...seem like they dont trust you simply becos your auntie think she is too smart....

Just tell them, you only believe and follow what the doctor says. Every baby is different what...i always strongly believe that mother will know what is best for baby loh.....like previously my mum help me to babysit my son....but i still know better than my son what he wants and like when my son keep crying non stop...there is just this special link between mother and baby....

aiyoh, these ppl , just let them say what they want....

Acutally if i fed up, i will just tell them dont need to worry for my son, i know what is best and i know what to do...morever you all are not doctors...thank you......hope it can shut off their mouth...:001_302: lolz
ya they dun trust me at all... always feel like i'm acting smart but i'm just following pd's intructions...

uddermummy

he said the powder is thicker and will 'stay' in his stomach longer and becos those normal powder he drink alrdy vi\moit more often... so far so good... and i was told that the medi is not for long term and must let him lie around 45degree for at least 30min after feed...
oic, hmmm, you may want to keep track of his bowel movements, cos if the milk stays in his stomach longer, he may have constipation, which will worsen the prob of the spitting again.

also, you may want to split up your feeds and feed him less but more frequently?

if you are still bfing, you may want to give your boi more expressed milk cos bm is more easily digestible and he may spit up less.

also try not to change bb or his diapers after feeds. For my dd, 30 min is not enuf, have to wait for at least 1 hour...

hope your ds gets better soon.

apollo

oic, hmmm, you may want to keep track of his bowel movements, cos if the milk stays in his stomach longer, he may have constipation, which will worsen the prob of the spitting again.

also, you may want to split up your feeds and feed him less but more frequently?

if you are still bfing, you may want to give your boi more expressed milk cos breast milk is more easily digestible and he may spit up less.

also try not to change baby or his diapers after feeds. For my dear daughter, 30 min is not enuf, have to wait for at least 1 hour...

hope your dear son gets better soon.
oops sry, i mean stay in stomach longer means don't vomit out... haha..

ya he used to take 120ml every 3hrs but now i trying to split to 80-100 every 2-2.5hrs... quite tedious but no choice...

my milk supply ver very lil!!! tried lotsa ways but BM still very lil =(

and ya last time we dunno, always change his diaper/bathe him/ carry him walk ard after his feedings and pd said we shdn't do that...

uddermummy

oops sry, i mean stay in stomach longer means dont't vomit out... haha..

ya he used to take 120ml every 3hrs but now i trying to split to 80-100 every 2-2.5hrs... quite tedious but no choice...

my milk supply ver very lil!!! tried lotsa ways but breast milk still very lil =(

and ya last time we dont know, always change his diaper/bathe him/ carry him walk around after his feedings and pediatrician said we shdn't do that...
that's what we used to do to dd too before we found out she's got reflux...

even now, some family members will still try to bounce her to calm her down. :(

apollo

that's what we used to do to dear daughter too before we found out she's got reflux...

even now, some family members will still try to bounce her to calm her down. :(
last time my mum keep bounce ds too! den when ds vomit the milk out she said is VERY NORMAL!! Until pd said a normal baby shdn't be vomiting milk out esp he vomited half of the milk out leh... spitting abit is alright though...

now my mum scare alrdy, dare not touch him within the 1 hr after feeding...

pd gave him zantac... he seems to be better these few days (cross my finger)... he vomited once in this morning cos he finished his 100ml in 3min!!!!! think the teat hole too big alrdy ...

snowbear

Hi Regina,

Take care of yourself and your little darling. It's already difficult enuff for you emotionally for your ds to be admitted to hospital so just ignore the ignorant comments pp tend to make. As a mummy, i've learnt that must really learn the skill of 'one ear in, one ear out'... better if you can totally switch off and not hear anything... selective hearing - hear only the good stuff. Must really learn that otherwise will really go mad with so many pp giving comments all the time. Take care and feel free to come and rant at the forum when you're down! It will make you feel better. :)

apollo

Hi Regina,

Take care of yourself and your little darling. It's already difficult enuff for you emotionally for your dear son to be admitted to hospital so just ignore the ignorant comments pp tend to make. As a mummy, i've learnt that must really learn the skill of 'one ear in, one ear out'... better if you can totally switch off and not hear anything... selective hearing - hear only the good stuff. Must really learn that otherwise will really go mad with so many pp giving comments all the time. Take care and feel free to come and rant at the forum when you're down! It will make you feel better. :)
all the while i've being 'one ear in, one ear out' as my mum kept reminding me not to listen too much of those useless stuffs.. but they are getting more and more over alrdy! if they just say only i okay but they not only say but will "check back" if i got follow anot... what i hate most is, hubby's aunt loves to 'complain' to grand mil that i shd follow her but i didnt that's ds not healthy etc... they just dun believe that it's pretty common for babies below 3 mths to have colic, phelgm and even reflux

i told grand mil that pd said all babies has phelgm and will goes off few mths later she said i anyhow say, only unhealthy babies got phelgm...

MomoMummy

cannot bounce baby ah.. my DD also keep vomiting milk.

What about yao lan? my baby sleeps in yao lan le.. is this e reason y she vomit also?

apollo

cannot bounce baby .. my dear daughter also keep vomiting milk.

What about yao lan? my baby sleeps in yao lan .. is this e reason why she vomit also?
i not sure whether gonna do with yaolan but ever since ds discharge, i told my mum try not to give him yaolan... esp the 1st 30 min after feed..

she vomit alot or just spit a lil?? doc say spit a lil is normal but vomit out or spit too much not good for their gastric etc...

stonston

When babies sleep in yaolan, their tummy is being compressed bcos of the position they are in. Imagine after your full meal you slouch and compress ur tummy. It is uncomfy & can cause the vomiting too. Try to avoid using the yaolan immediately after feeding :)

MomoMummy

i not sure whether gonna do with yaolan but ever since dear son discharge, i told my mum try not to give him yaolan... esp the 1st 30 min after feed..

she vomit alot or just spit a lil?? doc say spit a lil is normal but vomit out or spit too much not good for their gastric etc...

smtimes a little, smtimes so much like 30ml come out..

ohhh... i will try to carry her or put her on the bed first then

Jan

Regina,

My son also got very bad colic & mild reflux when he was 1 mth old. He also drink alot and was pretty big in size. And the PD commented if he is doing well then leave it. Now my son who is coming to 2 yrs still fall in the category of the 95-97 percentile but he is doing real fine. His weight gain also slow down, maybe he is now active plus he is teething. So when they start to crawl and walk... all these weight issue will not be an issue. Ignore all ur relatives comment.

If your hubby's aunty trying to introduce anymore things... Just ask her "Is it the best"... Tell her you only give your son the best? Then follow by asking her, proven by the PD? Ask her as many question as possible.... until she piss off... this people tends to be pissed off when someone keeps questioning them, they will feel insulted.... she will then say "u don't regret huh"...

You must let her know as a new mum you might be in-experience... but u got a mouth to ask ur PD... and let her know the PD will know what is suitable for your dear son... she just got experience with her only daughter... and tell her even she reads alot she also not a qualified PD, so her comments can only be reference but not a must to follow.

Tell your grandmum in law, even our fingers are not of the same length, does she think human will have the same body system... so don't act smart. Her granddaughter might be 3 yrs apart from ur dear son...but they came from different mother womb.

apollo

When babies sleep in yaolan, their tummy is being compressed bcos of the position they are in. Imagine after your full meal you slouch and compress your tummy. It is uncomfy & can cause the vomiting too. Try to avoid using the yaolan immediately after feeding :)
i agree but my mum don't! she feels that i am over paranoid of ds's vomiting issiue... she feels that it's PERFECTLY ALRIGHT for babies to VOMIT! pd said it's alright if they spit a lil after every meals but definitely NOT vomit... last night ds vomited, i was so so so worried and mum kept said "nvm la, once only..." ya true, once is better than few times a day and means he's improving but she still wanna place him in yaolan, still bounce him when he cry... i really dunno what to do cos partly is also because i have a fussy son =(

apollo

smtimes a little, smtimes so much like 30ml come out..

ohhh... i will try to carry her or put her on the bed first then
according to pd, a lil is normal... all babies will spit out a lil.. but too much is not good esp if it happens everyday and few times a day... if u put her on bed, try to let her lie 45dregree up.. so that the milk will 'stay' in the stomach and not so easy 'flow' up...

apollo

Regina,

My son also got very bad colic & mild reflux when he was 1 month old. He also drink alot and was pretty big in size. And the pediatrician commented if he is doing well then leave it. Now my son who is coming to 2 yrs still fall in the category of the 95-97 percentile but he is doing real fine. His weight gain also slow down, maybe he is now active plus he is teething. So when they start to crawl and walk... all these weight issue will not be an issue. Ignore all your relatives comment.

If your hubby's aunty trying to introduce anymore things... Just ask her "Is it the best"... Tell her you only give your son the best? Then follow by asking her, proven by the pediatrician? Ask her as many question as possible.... until she piss off... this people tends to be pissed off when someone keeps questioning them, they will feel insulted.... she will then say "you dont't regret huh"...

You must let her know as a new mum you might be in-experience... but you got a mouth to ask your pediatrician... and let her know the pediatrician will know what is suitable for your dear son... she just got experience with her only daughter... and tell her even she reads alot she also not a qualified pediatrician, so her comments can only be reference but not a must to follow.

Tell your grandmum in law, even our fingers are not of the same length, does she think human will have the same body system... so dont't act smart. Her granddaughter might be 3 yrs apart from your dear son...but they came from different mother womb.
dear son's stomach still got lotsa wind despite taking ridwind.. and last midnight after milk time, his diaper damn heavy, keep cry, no choice gonna change for him, he vomit a lil again...

anyone can teach me how to change diaper if when baby's diaper is VERY wet or poo after the feed?? even poo also must wait at least 30min later??

anyway, hubby's aunt will said her pediatrician intro one... btw we;'re seeing the SAME pediatrician but pediatrician didn't intro those SAME brand to me... that's why i feel that her time is OVER alrdy but she's still in her lalaland thinking that she still 'lead the trend'

she even crisitise the snoring of my dear son.. all of them keep said he snore like a pig! keep say not good, better bring him to doc etc.. went to a few pediatrician all said the snoring will go off itself.. my friends' babies also like that... then when I told them, they said "aiya told you alrdy, nvm one, dont't need see pediatrician" so funny! So contradicting right??

whenever i brought ds to pd when i feel something 'not right', most of them feel that i shd just bring him to polyclinic! i only bring him to polyclinic for injections but the others issues regarding health, i think pd will be a better choice...

And hubby's aunt at 1st asked "aiyo why admit to Thomson Medical Center? you should bring him to outsside doc 1st, see more doc then decide whether need to admit him mah..." another min she said "Thomson Medical Center is better .... service also better... rmb next time any pro also dont let your son go Kandang Kerbau Hospital..." i wanna shoot her and said "you not born in government hospital one huh?"

pls ! my dear son kept vomiting few days ago! i where got so much time go 'touring' around?? somemore i trust my pediatrician as he's not those who will anyhow prescribe medications etc so when he said dear son should admit for observations, means he need to!

she said my mother in law 'complain' that i didn't send dear son to Kandang Kerbau Hospital and send him directly to Thomson Medical Center and asked me not to wry cause she has help me 'explained' to mother in law why Thomson Medical Center is better.. from what i know, if mother in law has such thinking, she will ask my hubby or me 1st cause we will be the one who knows the reason than anyone else.. but my hubby said mother in law totally didn't mention! what she was more concern is dear son's health!

Last edited:

Ting

uh, dont understand what you mean by...

anyone can teach me how to change diaper if when baby's diaper is VERY wet or poo after the feed?? even poo also must wait at least 30min later??

why must wait 30 min later?
for me, as long as i feel her diaper is 1/2 to 3/4 heavy i will change alr.
n if poo, i will change immediately, cos it causes discomfort to a child.
i mean, imagine u pooed on your pants, still hv to wait 30 mins?

apollo

uh, dont understand what you mean by...

why must wait 30 min later?
for me, as long as i feel her diaper is 1/2 to 3/4 heavy i will change already.
and if poo, i will change immediately, cos it causes discomfort to a child.
i mean, imagine you pooed on your pants, still have to wait 30 mins?
becos ds tend to vomit milk easily so pd and nurses in hospital taught me to wait for at least 30min aft feedin before i can change diaper, bathe him.. or change b4 feeding... but am wondering what if he poo during or right after the feed?? cos last midnight his diaper heavy alrdy then my mum change right after feeding to prevent him feelinguncomfortable and he vomit milk out agin =(

Ting

ouhh.... i think maybe b4 u feed him u change the diaper first?
for poo, i think its best to change immediately. but i think most babies dont poo straight after feeds. or, u can try abt half hr b4 feed, massage n rub baby's tummy to see if he poos? think b4 baby poo, tummy wud be a bit hard n bloated, so u can look out for these too. :)

SunShine07

another thing I will do to your hubby aunty is that i will tell her if you want me to change to Enfalac, can ... You supply is it? Then i dont mind, then I will sarcastically tell her Ya , I no money, that is why gotta buy cheap milk , since you so nice tell me about how good Enfalac is then you supply .

Sumtimes this ppl really dont deserve being nice to them or even showing respect to them.
haha...agreed...shoot straight at their face:tlaugh: very pissed off de leh....already so sad and depressed still need to face their nonsense....maybe i would scream at them liao....:nah:OH SHUT UP MANZ~~~!!!!

apollo

ouhh.... i think maybe before you feed him you change the diaper first?
for poo, i think its best to change immediately. but i think most babies dont poo straight after feeds. or, you can try about half hr before feed, massage and rub baby's tummy to see if he poos? think before baby poo, tummy wud be a bit hard and bloated, so you can look out for these too. :)
haha my baby can poo and drink milk at the same time!!! LOL! yup thks for the info will keep a lookout hehe