Any bad experience with confinement ladies?

JazN

Adding on to the list:

Reco by Aunty Lian
Mdm Low Gui Mei.
M'sia mobile: 60163916668/6062312803
Singapore mobile: 83865483

1) As 1st-time mum, i brought my daughter home from the hospital thus she was crying per hour CL kept mentioning she not drinking enuf. Spoke to the doctor the next day & was told it is normal
2) Appears always in a hurry
3) Was told a few days after she was gone by maid that she prepare veg for my meal without washing thus was told off by my mother-in-law
4) She was sleeping with my daughter & was snoring off worse than a pig
5) Hygiene not up to standard. Almost wanted to use face cloth for washing bottom to wash my daughter's face but i came in time to stop her
6) Tried to force feed my daughter looking at the quantity she had drunk but not baby's demand. Gave the impression she wants to finish fast so she can go back to sleep. A definite no no!....
7) Her meals were prepared (same as what the family ate) but instances she left some confinement food for herself/eat my leftover when i can't finish eating them. Imagine expensive food & she ate 'my saliva'

Sent her packing less than a week.

Advice to MTB: if you've a maid & your parents cook (confinement recipe easily available from the library) no need for one.

If really require, best to get CL of those who actually used them.

In the end my mum & mother in-law help with cooking/looking after baby in the morning till afternoon while the maid washes the clothes for myself & baby

Last edited:
Hi, I have a very good confinement aunty (Siew Zhen Jie) helping me and my confinement just ended today. She is booked till jan 2010 BUT U can call her at 92440112 (Singapore line) / 019-773 3251 / 012-739-3588 to book her or ask her if she is still available in case some of her booking last min put her aeroplane .. hehe.. can Baofang staying in Jurong East recommend you will do.
She is good at housework, diligent and had great initiative n her food are good as well and she knows a lot about caring for babies because she had years of experience.
oh ya, best of all, she is youthful and young-thinking, not like those boring nanny that i always heard about.. no generation gap with me.
Good luck to your confinement & enjoy!

glenndanker

Alpha Male
Dear mummies

Do you have any bad experience with confinement ladies?

Though I enjoyed my confinement as I do not have to do any chores.. there are certain things that she practically drives me crazy.

1) Didn't wake me up to breastfeed (Mistake: Bought a tin of FM as spare - dont do that if you want to totally breastfeed)

2) Kept rushing me while I'm breastfeeding. She'll come over and say, lunch is ready, dinner is ready, come I help you feed. I told her, breast is with me, how to help me feed? She'll stand there and kept repeating until I finish breastfeeding.

3) Didn't check baby often. There are a couple of times I found my son sleeping in the babycot and his mouth, side of face, ear, head all filled with milk cos he threw out.

After 14 days while she need to go to get her passport stamp, I moved the babycot back to my room. When she came back, she didn't say anything, but when nite fall, she ask me to move the cot back to her room, I said no, I will take care of my son myself.
My friend do share some of her bad experience, things used are not properly wash and dry, casue her having stomach upset.

mrspon

i also had a bad experience w my cl. i get her thru tis company si*ma.
1)always cook things that i not suppose to eat. eg plain porridge. i love plain porridge so i ask her to cook thinkin i can eat & she cook when i ask 4 extra bowl she said: no cannot do you know you actuali cannot have plain porridge. huh if i cant in the 1st place you shld let me know what.

2)she came on the 2nd day after i discharge s it was last min i thinkin to get back a cl so i got nothin 4 brewin red date tea & lunch so SHE SEND ME DOWN with my hubby tobuy. i thought i cant go out??3nd day i got to go market with her & i was the 1 carryin the stuff most cos her leg not good *faint* is veri tirin hao

3)after the 2 market trip i veri lazy to go so send her & my hubby go market. few dwys ltr we went out 4 breakfast 2gethe. i dont reali want it cos dont wanna brin baby out so fast & is sun some more veri hot. on our way she complain my hubb walk veri fast dont like to go market with him.

4)always wake me & my hubb up early cos want him go buy breakfast 4 US. do you know she woke up at 8 had cereal & bread. then 9 plus tell my hubb getbreakfast(prata/veg bee hoon/prawn noodle etc)

5)Eatr alot. 8am-breakfast 10am-snack 1230pm-lunch 3pm-snack 6pm-dinner 10pm-supper

6)overfeed my baby (which was told by doc). my baby is a colic baby so tend to cry. she comment that my house is 'DIRTY" & my baby veri difficult

7)usin avent btl 4 my baby.she say blt leak want us get pigeon.

8)bought shirt which is not button but string for my baby. she said: i dont like tis type i prefer button buy more button& i like baby wear white not other colour.

9)say thingss in front of my relative.she said i donno how to carry baby i carry baby cry. sh*t baby cry when i carry is cos she poo .

10)tis the best. i feelin down still can nag till i break down cry still dont want stop so i cant take it run out of house in the middle of 1am.when my hubb found me she call & ask my hubb go back say i wake my baby up cos i cry too loud

11)hold my baby full month early & at my in law house. she insist us to go home cos late (9pm) when my friend jux reach. she wans to go back cos she lose her marjong. angry when i say cannot go home early cos friend want c baby.she fed up snatch baby frm hubb hand nearly hit her head on the door.

hubb ask me to ren her for 2wk if go back early mux pay same amt so i did but when left w 1 wk she did that snatchin of baby & nearly hurt her he cant ren & that cl scolded me mu go(bitch in chinese)we both cannot ren send her back.
when she went back agent call my hubb told him that the cl said my hubb veri good i not good. pls actuali what she want i m the 1 who ask my hubb to get for her example a prepaid card w line, food that she like. yet she say me.durin the confinement never did a proper regret

MomoMummy

wah kau.. Can scold u bitch somemore. whu the hell is she.
she is basically doing all the things which u are not suppose to do on yr confinement.

She seriously sucks...

These pple purposely do bad things so that we can pay them more when they actuali work less base on contract. the worse they do, the faster they can off work. and can enjoy her money.

Morons..

i also had a bad experience w my cl. i get her thru tis company si*.
1)always cook things that i not suppose to eat. eg plain porridge. i love plain porridge so i ask her to cook thinkin i can eat & she cook when i ask 4 extra bowl she said: no cannot do you know you actuali cannot have plain porridge. huh if i cant in the 1st place you shld let me know what.

2)she came on the 2nd day after i discharge s it was last min i thinkin to get back a cl so i got nothin 4 brewin red date tea & lunch so SHE SEND ME DOWN with my hubby tobuy. i thought i cant go out??3nd day i got to go market with her & i was the 1 carryin the stuff most cos her leg not good *faint* is veri tirin hao

3)after the 2 market trip i veri lazy to go so send her & my hubby go market. few dwys ltr we went out 4 breakfast 2gethe. i dont reali want it cos dont wanna brin baby out so fast & is sun some more veri hot. on our way she complain my hubb walk veri fast dont like to go market with him.

4)always wake me & my hubb up early cos want him go buy breakfast 4 US. do you know she woke up at 8 had cereal & bread. then 9 plus tell my hubb getbreakfast(prata/veg bee hoon/prawn noodle etc)

5)Eatr alot. 8am-breakfast 10am-snack 1230pm-lunch 3pm-snack 6pm-dinner 10pm-supper

6)overfeed my baby (which was told by doc). my baby is a colic baby so tend to cry. she comment that my house is 'DIRTY" & my baby veri difficult

7)usin avent btl 4 my baby.she say blt leak want us get pigeon.

8)bought shirt which is not button but string for my baby. she said: i dont like tis type i prefer button buy more button& i like baby wear white not other colour.

9)say thingss in front of my relative.she said i donno how to carry baby i carry baby cry. sh*t baby cry when i carry is cos she poo .

10)tis the best. i feelin down still can nag till i break down cry still dont want stop so i cant take it run out of house in the middle of 1am.when my hubb found me she call & ask my hubb go back say i wake my baby up cos i cry too loud

11)hold my baby full month early & at my in law house. she insist us to go home cos late (9pm) when my friend jux reach. she wans to go back cos she lose her marjong. angry when i say cannot go home early cos friend want c baby.she fed up snatch baby frm hubb hand nearly hit her head on the door.

hubb ask me to ren her for 2wk if go back early mux pay same amt so i did but when left w 1 wk she did that snatchin of baby & nearly hurt her he cant ren & that cl scolded me mu go(bitch in chinese)we both cannot ren send her back.
when she went back agent call my hubb told him that the cl said my hubb veri good i not good. pls actuali what she want i m the 1 who ask my hubb to get for her example a prepaid card w line, food that she like. yet she say me.durin the confinement never did a proper regret

wah kau.. Can scold you bitch somemore. whu the hell is she.
she is basically doing all the things which you are not suppose to do on your confinement.

She seriously sucks...

These pple purposely do bad things so that we can pay them more when they actuali work less base on contract. the worse they do, the faster they can off work. and can enjoy her money.

Morons..
i truely sympathise with ur bad experience ... so shld look for a babysitter recommend by people than rely on agencies .. agencies really dun care 1 lo .. from what i heard so far from other pple..

mrspon

ya lo she still can say she veri experience lo no choice over is over le :( when i haf mine 2nd baby i rather get confinement meal ba & slowly bu back

camom

I don't have horror stories but what I don't like is the CL ganging up wif mil to stop me bf. Kept harping to MIL that I don't get enuf rest with all the bf, that I lock my rm door and don't let her go in, tat I kept drinking plain water, etc. Kept telling my FIL tat I don't hv enuf bm. For God sake, tell a man that for what?

& I don't like that she will barge in as & when she liked when I was bf. I started locking the door bcos of this and she wasn't very happy.

Are most CL the same? Mine liked to poke thru my stores and rearrange my foodstuff. I kept seeing her with all my canned food & foodstuff. I had a pkt of Phoon Huat Huat Kueh mix and she kept telling me her kuehs are very nice. I think she was hinting to me that she wanna try that. In the end, she finished up my whole new pkt of plain flour, not to mention the numerous eggs DH bought at her request.

leelimc

Hi everyone,

I called up this popular CL, Liqing or rather my friend helped me to call her up. She was not available but she recommended her jiemei, Mei Jie, to me. I have not spoken to her formally but has arranged to meet up sometime this week.

Any one has experience with this CL, Mei Jie? Can share with me?

I am a little skeptical here with the recommendation for the following reasons:
1) CL, Liqing, sounded over-enthusiastic. Because my EDD is really near, Jan 2010, she kept on telling me that I need to book fast otherwise she will refer someone else to this friend of hers. I agreed to talk to Mei Jie and had arranged the time to speak with her. Kind of missed the time cos I went for lunch but managed to get hold of Mei Jie to arrange to meet her this week to do a face-to-face interview. Just becos I missed the time to speak to Mei Jie, Liqing called me up a few times to follow up?

2) When we spoke over the phone, she asked me directly if I really need a CL. How come I did not meet her fren as planned? Saying things like if I am not interested, she will pass the contact to someone else. Say things like she is so booked up till July 2010 and I was in the midst of working!!!!! Very busy busy busy!!! I told her I had already made arrangements with her recommendations to call her within this week to meet her as she is doing her confinement assignment near my work place but I need to call her when I am available. Then she said oh ok, book fast otherwise no one can do for you. It really makes me wonder why is she so kan-cheong. Should not it be me that is kan-cheong cos I am the one without CL at this last minute?

3) The other thing is when she called me to follow up, I heard a baby crying in the background and and isn't she supposed to take care of the baby? I was the one that cut her off and tell her I am busy so that I hope she can take care of the baby. Isn't that her job? I know Liqing is a popular CL, but just wonder what is the experience mothers have with her. Seems to me, she is more interested to help her frens to get business or increase her commission.

4) When I speak with her fren, Mei Jie, saying I will adhoc call her cos my working schedule is tight. She told me no worries. She is available at any time to talk with me. I felt like "huh? Aren't you busy taking care of the mommy and baby? How come so free to meet me any time?"

So I was wondering if anyone has any confinement experience with this CL, Mei Jie, recommended by CL, Liqing? Would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks.

hi leeminc,

I got my confinement lady through CL, Liqing too. Like you, she was fully booked when I called her and she referred me to Mei Jie but after talking to Mei Jie over the phone I decided that she is not a CL i want (probably cos her tone and replies made me feel that with or w/o her it does not make a diff). When I did not confirm her, Liqing called up to find out the reason, through she is very enthusiasic but I don't find her pushy hence I confirmed the other CL Wenxiu that she recommended.

Since you have made appt to meet Mei Jie, decide after your interview with her. She might just be suitable for you :)

leelimc

Hi foreverestsg,

thank you for your feedback. Can u elaborate on what u r not comfortable with Mei Jie? Dun worry, not using that as a gauge point just that maybe can use to test her cos this is my first time looking for confinement lady.

Thanks.

asianmirage

has anyone engaged Fong or not (she likes people to call her Ah Fong) I am trying to locate this CL. please let me know via pm.
She was initially recommended to me by Auntie Lian.

bb_jul

I did not engage any cl for my 1st baby and nw 2nd one also dun intend to. I think they're way overpriced and also intrusion of privacy. I only order confinement food catering. At least the food is up to standard.

Delynna

Oh.. but I dont breastfeed behind close doors. I do it anywhere.. mostly in the living room. She'll come over and stand infront of me.. and ask, got milk meh?
I oso dun do it behing closed door..I do anywhr too. For my confinement lady is whenever the bb cried, she bound to say just now it seems like u nvr feed enough. Pls... I am not the 1 who dun 1 2 bf her, its my bb who reject it.

gundam00

Had a nightmare confinement. Agree that if can get someone to cook confinement food, don't need CL to stay in and cause so much trouble. My CL lasted 9 days only - she requested to go back to Malaysia. Wanted to recommend someone else to me but I refused cause didn't want to let her earn the commission. There are so many who purposely cut short their confinement so that they can earn the commission without working.

- She was against breastfeeding, kept asking me to top up with formula in the night so that baby will sleep longer (as if I want to give formula so that she doesn't need to wake up to take care)

- Wasted my EBM by feeding baby immediately after I breastfed and whenever she is awake at night. Didn't try to soothe her at all and end up throwing milk away.

- Stained my mattress and tried to hide by flipping it over. But stained the other side as well and tried to hide by leaving mattress protector on it and only washing the bedsheet when she left. We were horrified that someone could be so unethical and demanded compensation. Still waiting for $.

- Lazy to use cloth diapers although we bought 3 boxes (30 diapers) and lots of diaper liners. Only saw her use cloth diapers twice. But she still managed to open 2 boxes and use the cloth diapers for useless stuff like wrapping baby, towel etc. (which we have swaddle and towels for!)

- Didn't make me breakfast. For first 2 days, I only had time to drink milo and then it became my "breakfast" for the duration.

- Lunch was either vermicelli or fried rice from night before. Not nutritious.

- Broke showerhead in guest toilet. My husband found out and she told him not to tell me until she got a replacement.

- Volunteered to mop my room floor and complained as she was mopping that she usually don't do these things, as written in her "handbook"! Well, her handbook also asked us to buy cloth diapers so we expected her to use them instead of disposable diapers!

- Saw her wipe her sweat with her hands and then touch my baby's face!

Too many other unhappy things. Glad that she left early cause my husband and I were wondering how we were going to bear being around her for the rest of confinement.

earlblue

Would like to caution all MTBs out there NOT to hire this nightmare CL from M'sia. Sacked her after 2 weeks because really cannot tolerate her behaviour anymore.
Her name is Lan Ee, Sg no: 82854384 Msia no: 6016-9188648. She has a very big mole on her face and is plump with short dyed hair.

She was recommended highly to me and when we interviewed her during my pregnancy, she was friendly,supports breastfeeding and appears kind and capable.

Once arrived at our home within 3 days, here are the things she did

- badly overfeed my baby with FM until my pediatrician told us to reduce her feeds
-unhygienc. I found my red dates oily and also found the dishwashing wire sponge's metal pieces in my food. I also got food posioning and had to see GP because of her unhygenic food.
- always watching tv when baby's sleeping. Initially, I was alright with it provided she did her chores but she didn't
- didn't change baby's nappies on time, resulting in bad nanny rashes. When questioned her about it, replied very rudely and refused to put on new diaper for baby. Then baby pooed all over the bed and even the poo flew on the floor.
- wasted our expensive herbs by using it in unnecessary large qty. Asked us to buy so much herbs until $500 and for her to waste!!!

The list can go on ...I was also put off by her bad attitude towards my parents in laws especially my mother in law. She also tried to create dispute by telling made up stories about my mother in law to me and when speaking to my mother in law. she made up stories about me.We only realised after we sacked her. Luckily, our relationship was not damaged by her tales.

Please dont't hire this horrible CL and live to regret it like me. Hope this will help MTBs out there!

momi

- didn't change baby's nappies on time, resulting in bad nanny rashes. When questioned her about it, replied very rudely and refused to put on new diaper for baby. Then baby pooed all over the bed and even the poo flew on the floor.
Oh dear this is bad! Must have been so terrible for this to happen, I really can't imagine how it can even lead to this stage??

earlblue

YES, i really hate her for this and immed sacked her that night, following this incident.

I was quite sick at that time because my c-section wound kept bleeding but we decided that this CL must go.

Even when I think of her now, i am fuming!

tohsl

sorry about your encounter. Out of curiosity, who recommended this CL? You might want to inform that person so he/she does not continue to refer her.