Pls share ur baby cereal/porridge feeding time

autumn82

really? ya after i saw Belle's photo, i feel that she is chubbier!! and now she slim liaoo cos i scare next time dear son also will fat fat haha..
Actually, she was still pretty chubby under her nanny's care (3yrs+) until Iggy was out. I stopped her snacking on crackers/sweets/chocolates and changed it to snacking on cheese/cracker biscuit/raisins then she started to slim down.. :tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:

So dun worry.. :p He's still safe!! *giggles*

jasobias

we mummies r strange..when baby is small must be chubby..then when baby starts to get older we worry they will become fat kids..hehhehe

youkiko

i start my boy with cereal at 5mths old. now he is abt 14mths. i feed him porridge at 6mths old with threadfish. just mince the fish n put into the porridge when it is almost done. also intro egg yolk to him. at first i feed him just 2 spoons of porridge n increase the amt gradually. at 10mths old i cook porridge with meat broth (normally prepare the broth when i cook soup for the family and store in fridge for few days). my mum said don't give him meat till 1yrs.

his porridge menu
fish + butternut squash
fish + baby carrot
fish + spinach
fish + egg (after 1yrs), egg yolk only b4 1yrs

his timetable
4am - milk
8am - milk
11am - porridge
1.30pm - milk
4pm - milk
6pm - porridge
8pm - milk

i feed him at 4am as i don't want him wake up at 5am++. if he wake up 5++, he don't want to sleep anymore. my boy kinda sleep early (8-9pm) and wake up 7-7.30am. napping at 9.30-10.30am and 2-3pm. (short nap, abt 1-1.5hrs)

he don't consumpt much milk (abt 600ml per day) but he like porridge (2 soup bowl daily), bread n biscuit in between feeding.

annie

youkiko, y dun u increase to 3 meals since he likes porridge n dun drink much milk? just curious hehe

his sleep shcedule looks very similar to my girl hehe. she sleeps 830pm-930pm n wake up around 8-9am.. but then she will wkae up once for milk around 530-630am then after that dunno y keep waking up for milk every 1-1.5hrs till her wake up time~so its like she will be drinking at 530am, 7am, 8am then wake up...keep waking up to suckle. maybe for comfort though she does clear the breast.. luckily we kind of co sleep n thus not that tiring for me..

Last edited:

apollo

youkiko, when did u start giving ur baby eggyolk??

btw, ds just had his porridge. instead of 3tablespoon, he slurp up 7 tablespoon just now!!! i dunno izzit becos today i replace the threadfin with pumkpin and spinach. he dont seems to lik threadfin i think..

Last edited:

annie

not youkiko but i started my girl with yolk around 10th mth iirc. i was a little worried botu egg allergy. though egg yolk is not really an allergen(the white is), no matter how u handle the yolk, there sure will be a little white accompanied with it thus i paranoid. but then by right it should be safe for babies after 6mths(as wat japanese says)

woofy55

apollo mummy - i found this thread of yours which you started it on the day Louis was born! :D hee

Anyway, tmr Louis will be 6mth old!! *clap clap*.. I saw you enquirying about giving egg yolk. My MIL will be giving him egg yolk tmr.. Did you gave your boy egg yolk at 6th month?

How do you all give egg? as in halfboiled egg and mix with cereal or hardboil egg and smashed?

apollo

apollo mummy - i found this thread of yours which you started it on the day Louis was born! :D hee

Anyway, tomorrow Louis will be 6mth old!! *clap clap*.. I saw you enquirying about giving egg yolk. My mother in law will be giving him egg yolk tomorrow.. Did you gave your boy egg yolk at 6th month?

How do you all give egg? as in halfboiled egg and mix with cereal or hardboil egg and smashed?
i think the earliest to intro egg yolk is btwn 8 - 10 mths. i only intro it to ds when he was 9mth+. from then to 11+ mths, i only gave him egg yolk from hard boiled egg. only last week than i started to extract raw egg yolk out from the white and cook with porridge or use it to make 'french toast' for ds.

annie

when cooking egg for babies, best to make sure its totally cooked.. so hard boil egg is the way to go. i would suggest giving hard boiled egg yolk first. but since its a new food, maybe just give him a teaspoon or so. test for allergy first.. dun give him too much.

there are lots of ways to use egg yolk. like wat apollo mummy has mentioned, use it to make french toast(best to wait till bb around 9-10mths to introduce bread due to wheat allergy), seperate the yolk and stir into porridge to cook together, or just sprinkle cooked egg yolk n stir into already cooked porridge or rice.

Porukadotzu

during my gal's jab, i was told to start feeding baby egg yolk when she's 1 year old and see wether she got any reaction like rash, swollen...etc.

i think its too early to feed baby egg when she/he 6mth old..

it's better to give fruit mix with rice cereal for a start.
I read that avocado is the best 1st food.

for my girl, i started with Frissocream then i also try the nestle rice cereal...then now i'm giving her Si Sen Brown Rice... mostly i mix the brown rice with mash carrot, or mash apple, or mash banana.

:001_302:

Mummy to Baby V

I started feeding my boy common allergenic food only when he was about 12 months old or older:
- egg yolk
- soy
- cow's milk
- wheat
He developed an instant rash around his mouth when trying a bit of tofu. This also explains his persistent eczema rash since I have been eating soy and breastfeeding him. We stopped eating soy and his eczema is cleared up.

Now, we are even more careful about introducing allergenic food to him because some allergy reactions could be very serious or even fatal. It is worth waiting a few months or 1 year to let his body build up immunity first.

lushtear

I started feeding my boy common allergenic food only when he was about 12 months old or older:
- egg yolk
- soy
- cow's milk
- wheat
He developed an instant rash around his mouth when trying a bit of tofu. This also explains his persistent eczema rash since I have been eating soy and breastfeeding him. We stopped eating soy and his eczema is cleared up.

Now, we are even more careful about introducing allergenic food to him because some allergy reactions could be very serious or even fatal. It is worth waiting a few months or 1 year to let his body build up immunity first.
Any idea if I am allergic to soy products, will my baby b allergic to soy too? I'm eczematic and will have rashes when i take food like yong tau hu or even milo. Does it mean that my gal will b allergic to such foods?

meiteoh

Any idea if I am allergic to soy products, will my baby b allergic to soy too? I'm eczematic and will have rashes when i take food like yong tau hu or even milo. Does it mean that my gal will b allergic to such foods?
It is possible.

What paeds and nutritionists recommend is that if any family members have an allergy to a particular food, it is best to wait till your baby is above 1 yo before introducing that food item.

My hubby is allergic to quinoa so I'm only going to introduce it when Eva is above 1 yo.