EDD Sep 2010

tinkerstars

thanks Pinkymummy... ya, so far, she only get to swim in the bath tub... will bring her to the pool soon

your boy is now 6 months old? my girl is 1 week younger than him, i think. her birth date is 23 sept.

do u mummies have FB? care to keep in touch there?

tinkerstars

Fiona73, how do u mash the porridge? just put the porridge into the sieve and then press the porridge down the filter?

i am starting my girl on avocado... was taught to use sieves

Fiona73: thanks for the tip! Will try this method hehe ..

Tinkerstars: I added avocado to porridge . It looks yummy! I brought baby to the babyspa for d swim in the tub too. He loves it!gonna bring him to pool but I dont know what to wear .. Hahaa coz now preggie again so tummy bloated!My boy bday is 16sep.

Can add me at gin_chia@yahoo.com in fbook. Hardly log on there hehe.,

Last edited:

Fiona73

@tinkerstars, yes, just put the porridge into the sieve and press through the filter. If it too thick, can juz add hot water hot water.
I add 淮山 into the porridge for this starting week, then I will add carrot, green veggie etc for the following week. Once she hit 8mth, I will then add fish and meat.
As for fruit I prefer to let her taste it original taste.

ah.bee

Hi tinkerstars, yup most of us mommies are connected on Facebook! Which explains why this thread is so much quieter now hehe. Do add us, mine's hazelkoosf@gmail.com.

Congrats pinkymummy! Must be very tiring to be pregnant and have to look after ur 6mo. Jiayou! :) And if u have a slow cooker it's much easier to cook porridge. Normally when my girl wakes for her first milk feed at 7+ or 8+ I will start to cook the porridge on low heat. And by 12 or 1pm the porridge will be ready, dun have to sieve etc. I like that I dun really have to bothe about looking over the fire.

Hi tinkerstars, yup most of us mommies are connected on Facebook! Which explains why this thread is so much quieter now hehe. Do add us, mine's hazelkoosf@gmail.com.

Congrats pinkymummy! Must be very tiring to be pregnant and have to look after your 6mo. Jiayou! :) And if you have a slow cooker it's much easier to cook porridge. Normally when my girl wakes for her first milk feed at 7+ or 8+ I will start to cook the porridge on low heat. And by 12 or 1pm the porridge will be ready, dont have to sieve etc. I like that I dont really have to bothe about looking over the fire.
Thanks .bee ! Yea it's really tiring to cope w 2! Evyday's a drag .. Ohh no wonder so quiet here! I can't add u in fbook lei why huh? Or I dunno how to add? I searched for ur email but always no results . Can add me? gin_chia@ yahoo.com

Thanks!

xian

Ya loh muz be creative! Actually I bought 4 avocados last week then I realized all unripe hahaa! Coz I nv buy avocado before . Then put in rice bucket then I forgot all bout it became too ripe! In d end all went to waste hahaa! Then tried to cook porridge yesterday also failed wahahaa coz woke up too late, cook half way baby cannot wait then all wasted again.

In the end just fed him oatmeal cereal loh hehe so easy to prepare. Yupyup I'm a full time mum. Been really too tired ! Coz ya know, guess what?? I'm pregnant again! Headache headache... Really accident this time ..
伤脑筋! Omg my #1 not even 6 mths old gonna promote be kor kor liaoz
hahaha.. congrats!!!

gnaf21

Where do you all buy the healthy times or earth's best cereal? Is cereal better or porridge? Some old people tell me cereal too heaty, start with porridge better. Do you all prepare plain porridge or got add things inside for the first time?

Where do you all buy the healthy times or earth's best cereal? Is cereal better or porridge? Some old people tell me cereal too heaty, start with porridge better. Do you all prepare plain porridge or got add things inside for the first time?
Healthy times can get from most supermarkets . I got it from ntuc. For porridge, I added only sweet potato in it. Tried adding avocado inside too hehe ..

hi all, can I ask a question here? my bb boy is refusing milk drinking like only 3 times a day. My mum had been feeding him lots of nonsense food (bread, biscuits, I dont know what else!!!). My bb has been on porridge for more than 1 month. Having fish, veg and marmite for his lunch and dinner. Is this norm? Has anyone experience the same also? Please advise.

LittleWorm

I buy healthy times at ntuc hypermarkets n for earth's best u can buy at Brown Rice Paradise, an organic shop located at siglap centre. They also sell healthy times there but seems not all the range. You can find however many other organic brands with quite big range. Good to go if you want to buy organic food for ur baby.

Sorry as I haven't started my baby on solids yet, can't answer your other questions. But I'm gonna start this sat, with earths best first. Hope my Janelle will like it, I'm having so much problems feeding her milk right now, she just drinking so little. Not sure if it's cos I mix nan 1 with nan 2...headache!!!

tinkerstars

Congrats pinkymummy! Must be very tiring to be pregnant and have to look after your 6mo. Jiayou! :) And if you have a slow cooker it's much easier to cook porridge. Normally when my girl wakes for her first milk feed at 7+ or 8+ I will start to cook the porridge on low heat. And by 12 or 1pm the porridge will be ready, dont have to sieve etc. I like that I dont really have to bothe about looking over the fire.
Thanks worthylady. I've added you on Facebook. :)

i am still delaying my girl's weaning cos she is coughing lately. so dun want to aggravate her condition.

on the other hand, because of cough, her milk intake dropped, so i am so tempted to give her more food to beef her up

dilemma.

tinkerstars

I buy healthy times at ntuc hypermarkets n for earth's best you can buy at Brown Rice Paradise, an organic shop located at siglap centre. They also sell healthy times there but seems not all the range. You can find however many other organic brands with quite big range. Good to go if you want to buy organic food for your baby.

Sorry as I have not't started my baby on solids yet, can't answer your other questions. But I'm gonna start this sat, with earths best first. Hope my Janelle will like it, I'm having so much problems feeding her milk right now, she just drinking so little. Not sure if it's cos I mix nan 1 with nan 2...headache!!!
Worthylady, let me know if ur girl likes Earth's Best. I am now feeding khloe Healthy Times. She like it but i find the cereals too flaky. need a lot of cereals to mix with a mere 10 ml of milk. boo