EDD Sep 2010

LittleWorm

My boy doesnt like frisocrem =( think it's too sweet. So far he tried sweet potato, carrots and Healthy times brown rice . He loves the brown rice!! Not lumpy when mixed.
I bought Healthy Times brown rice too as well as Earth's Best rice cereal!! For first solid food feeding, how much cereal did u mix with milk (how many ml of milk?) Tot of trying sweet potato too after cereal...did u mix pureed sweet potato with milk too? If so, how much milk to put? Very excited abt starting solid food for my baby soon :)))

Fiona73

I chosen my bring back my gal everyday when she was care by my mum who keep telling me to fetch my gal during weekend. Luckily I opt for night caring instead of weekend parent, becos My friend who got kids that refuse to go home as they already regard their own house as chalet. Anyway You decide what type of arrangement is good for you. As for bonding, I believe is parent effort to make it stronger.

I bought Healthy Times brown rice too as well as Earth's Best rice cereal!! For first solid food feeding, how much cereal did u mix with milk (how many ml of milk?) Tot of trying sweet potato too after cereal...did u mix pureed sweet potato with milk too? If so, how much milk to put? Very excited abt starting solid food for my baby soon :)))
Wah your baby can crawl aldy?? My baby quite slow he can't even sit without assistance. Hehe.. For first feed I only tried with2-3 tbsps cereal, I added water not milk coz I wanted ds to taste the cereal on it's own. Actually water there's no hard or fast rule as to how much to put. Just add a little at a time to make it smooth loh. If there r lumps , I just mash it with d back of d spoon till it's totally pureed.

Then the nex day I slowly added the quantity to 5 tbsp but he screamed for more , ended up giving 10 tbsp! But really depends on their mood bah.. if he wants more I just give coz babies know when to stop when full.
Sweet potato I also added water only. I bought the avert steamer cum blender. Makes making solid food much easier! Hehe... Just tried oatmeal, he loves it too! He hates spinach I think hehe... But I added with potato he's ok with it.

mrs_eg

Wah your baby can crawl already?? My baby quite slow he can't even sit without assistance. Hehe.. For first feed I only tried with2-3 tbsps cereal, I added water not milk coz I wanted dear son to taste the cereal on it's own. Actually water there's no hard or fast rule as to how much to put. Just add a little at a time to make it smooth loh. If there r lumps , I just mash it with d back of d spoon till it's totally pureed.

Then the nex day I slowly added the quantity to 5 tbsp but he screamed for more , ended up giving 10 tbsp! But really depends on their mood bah.. if he wants more I just give coz babies know when to stop when full.
Sweet potato I also added water only. I bought the avert steamer cum blender. Makes making solid food much easier! Hehe... Just tried oatmeal, he loves it too! He hates spinach I think hehe... But I added with potato he's ok with it.

Hmmm I tot have to follow the instructions on those cereal box... Hw much water to add...

Wow 10tbsp???? As in after liquid is added? Or 10tbsp of dry cereal before adding water...

I tried 1tbsp cereal n add 4tbsp liquid... (according to instructions)... I feel abit too much for baby when she first started... So the next day only gave her 1/2tbsp with 3x 1/2tbsp of liquid mixed... (and she didnt finish)...
Today third day I still prepared 1/2 tbsp but she finished it... :)

LittleWorm

Wah your baby can crawl aldy?? My baby quite slow he can't even sit without assistance. Hehe.. For first feed I only tried with2-3 tbsps cereal, I added water not milk coz I wanted ds to taste the cereal on it's own. Actually water there's no hard or fast rule as to how much to put. Just add a little at a time to make it smooth loh. If there r lumps , I just mash it with d back of d spoon till it's totally pureed.

Yeah...Quite fast she can crawl liao we also surprised...but commando style though keke...uses her hands to push herself forward n legs subsequently. Dunno if it's cos she goes to school, learn faster...teacher says wa she roams the whole place loh very very active!!! But she's quite small for her age, now only 6.5kg...i quite worried she grows too slowly. Recently appetite getting even smaller, many times can't finish her milk, so I'm gonna start her on solid soon hope her appetite will pick up!!

Wow looks like your baby is enjoying his food very much...so cute...I think their expressions must b a joy to watch ;) ohh so u just added water...do you still give him milk before n right after his solid food? Or the solid food just completely replace a feed?? Wa I wonder how I can give variety to my baby when she goes to school...teachers will not feed her other food than cereal I think...do u think it's okay I give her cereal on weekdays n try new food only on weekends? Each time new food give only on sat n sun...shd be okay bah??

Hmmm I thought have to follow the instructions on those cereal box... Hw much water to add...

Wow 10tbsp???? As in after liquid is added? Or 10tbsp of dry cereal before adding water...

I tried 1tbsp cereal n add 4tbsp liquid... (according to instructions)... I feel abit too much for baby when she first started... So the next day only gave her 1/2tbsp with 3x 1/2tbsp of liquid mixed... (and she didnt finish)...
Today third day I still prepared 1/2 tbsp but she finished it... :)
Yah ! 10 tbsps of dry cereal no water added yet . It's written behind full serving is 8 tbsps. Actually I feel no need to follow instructions behind , not 'zhun' lei hehe either endup too soggy or dry. Safest is to add water a little at a time loh...

Yeah...Quite fast she can crawl we also surprised...but commando style though keke...uses her hands to push herself forward n legs subsequently.
Wow looks like your baby is enjoying his food very much...so cute...I think their expressions must b a joy to watch ;) ohh so you just added water...do you still give him milk before n right after his solid food? Or the solid food just completely replace a feed?? Wa I wonder how I can give variety to my baby when she goes to school...teachers will not feed her other food than cereal I think...do you think it's okay I give her cereal on weekdays n try new food only on weekends? Each time new food give only on sat n sun...should be okay bah??
Yea he looks so endearing when he opens his mouth eagerly for the food hehee.. But one thing I dun understd is what u mentioned. My boy doesn't feel full after solid food he wants milk about half-1 hr later. Juz rem dun feed him solid when he's too hungry else he will scream coz solid feeding is much slower.

Hmm I dun think u sud try new food only for two days lei coz ped mentioned to try out new food each time over a period of 4 days to rule out allergies to that food.

LittleWorm

Yea he looks so endearing when he opens his mouth eagerly for the food hehee.. But one thing I dun understd is what u mentioned. My boy doesn't feel full after solid food he wants milk about half-1 hr later. Juz rem dun feed him solid when he's too hungry else he will scream coz solid feeding is much slower.

Hmm I dun think u sud try new food only for two days lei coz ped mentioned to try out new food each time over a period of 4 days to rule out allergies to that food.
I'm now reading a book by Ruth Yaron titled 'Super Baby Food', it says to feed baby with milk first (a portion) of it, then begin solid food, after which continue feeding the rest of the milk. Solid food should supplement and not to replace a meal. Maybe your baby is hungry because you are
completely replacing solid food with a milk feed?? Maybe you can try the method by Ruth Yaron see if your baby feels more full.

Do you feed your baby in the evening or only in the day? Heard it's better to be daytime...If I were to continue giving food for 4 days, I can only do so in the evening after my baby is back from school. Wonder if it's okay...

I'm now reading a book by Ruth Yaron titled 'Super Baby Food', it says to feed baby with milk first (a portion) of it, then begin solid food, after which continue feeding the rest of the milk. Solid food should supplement and not to replace a meal. Maybe your baby is hungry because you are
completely replacing solid food with a milk feed?? Maybe you can try the method by Ruth Yaron see if your baby feels more full.

Do you feed your baby in the evening or only in the day? Heard it's better to be daytime...If I were to continue giving food for 4 days, I can only do so in the evening after my baby is back from school. Wonder if it's okay...
Initially for first few feeds, I did that I supplement in between milk feeds. My ped told to subsequently when I increase solid feed portion, then can replace one milk feed for the day. Maybe coz recently he takes lesser solid so needs more milk? Maybe d food I prepare these days not up to his standard hehe...

I feed only once in the morning. But if really no choice I also feed in the evening.

LittleWorm

Initially for first few feeds, I did that I supplement in between milk feeds. My ped told to subsequently when I increase solid feed portion, then can replace one milk feed for the day. Maybe coz recently he takes lesser solid so needs more milk? Maybe d food I prepare these days not up to his standard hehe...

I feed only once in the morning. But if really no choice I also feed in the evening.
Keke...must think creative to satisfy their stomach ;) I also bought the avent steamer n blender hope to 'whip' up delicious food for my baby. Hey u haven't tried avocado yet right...heard alot of mummies say their babies like...mayb u can try too!!

Btw u are stay home mum??

Keke...must think creative to satisfy their stomach ;) I also bought the avent steamer n blender hope to 'whip' up delicious food for my baby. Hey you have not't tried avocado yet right...heard alot of mummies say their babies like...mayb you can try too!!

Btw you are stay home mum??
Ya loh muz be creative! Actually I bought 4 avocados last week then I realized all unripe hahaa! Coz I nv buy avocado before . Then put in rice bucket then I forgot all bout it became too ripe! In d end all went to waste hahaa! Then tried to cook porridge yesterday also failed wahahaa coz woke up too late, cook half way baby cannot wait then all wasted again.

In the end just fed him oatmeal cereal loh hehe so easy to prepare. Yupyup I'm a full time mum. Been really too tired ! Coz ya know, guess what?? I'm pregnant again! Headache headache... Really accident this time ..
伤脑筋! Omg my #1 not even 6 mths old gonna promote be kor kor liaoz

LittleWorm

Ya loh muz be creative! Actually I bought 4 avocados last week then I realized all unripe hahaa! Coz I nv buy avocado before . Then put in rice bucket then I forgot all bout it became too ripe! In d end all went to waste hahaa! Then tried to cook porridge yesterday also failed wahahaa coz woke up too late, cook half way baby cannot wait then all wasted again.

In the end just fed him oatmeal cereal loh hehe so easy to prepare. Yupyup I'm a full time mum. Been really too tired ! Coz ya know, guess what?? I'm pregnant again! Headache headache... Really accident this time ..

伤脑筋! Omg my #1 not even 6 mths old gonna promote be kor kor liaoz
Hahaha...you really make me laugh...no I don't mean laughing at you but thought u so cute...well u know is like that lor...preggy is always easily forgetful...;) congrats!!!! Kekeke...can understand your dilemma...that's why many people always say Take Precaution!!! It's quite easy to get preggy again after birth. Anyway do take care, remember don't overtire yourself out ya!

Hahaha...you really make me laugh...no I dont't mean laughing at you but thought you so cute...well you know is like that ...preggy is always easily forgetful...;) congrats!!!! Kekeke...can understand your dilemma...that's why many people always say Take Precaution!!! It's quite easy to get preggy again after birth. Anyway do take care, remember dont't overtire yourself out ya!
Thanks babe! ya one of preg symptoms,forgetfulness! Got take precaution lei n was very careful bout it but still kenna.. Didn't think was preg till one nite woke up puking. Hai... Hopefully evythg ok bah... Gd luck to me!

LittleWorm

Thanks babe! ya one of preg symptoms,forgetfulness! Got take precaution lei n was very careful bout it but still kenna.. Didn't think was preg till one nite woke up puking. Hai... Hopefully evythg ok bah... Gd luck to me!
Don't worry...everything will be fine! Hope you have someone else helping you, then at least you can rest more. Do keep us update if it's a boy or girl...:)

tinkerstars

Thanks babe! ya one of preg symptoms,forgetfulness! Got take precaution lei n was very careful bout it but still kenna.. Didn't think was preg till one nite woke up puking. Hai... Hopefully evythg ok bah... good luck to me!
Congrats pinkymummy... enjoy the pregnancy journey. I missed the feeling of my little one jumping inside me.. but i dun think i can take another baby so soon.

so tiring with just 1 now already...

Congrats!! Can keep all the baby clothes for the next one. Save $$$$

tinkerstars

I'm using Healthy Times too. I agree.. no need to follow the instructions behind - just need to estimate the portion.

For my girl's first feed, i make the cereal very watery and for subsequent days, i increase the cereal and reduce milk amt to make it thicker...

i will keep thickening it until it's like the cereal we take.

oh, must reemmber to give water. cos cereal very heaty!

Congrats pinkymummy... enjoy the pregnancy journey. I missed the feeling of my little one jumping inside me.. but i dont think i can take another baby so soon.

so tiring with just 1 now already...

Congrats!! Can keep all the baby clothes for the next one. Save $$$$
Thanks tinkerstars ! Ya I also can't imagine coping with two n I dun intend to get maid or nanny lei..actually I dun enjoy the feeling of being pregnant coz when preg w #1, I was always stressed up evyday why he wasn't kicking much hahaa gynae also agreed baby seemed very still inside ! Headache....

N if it's s girl this time I'm sure I will buy alot of clothes hehe if boy then save alot ! Hubby v stressed bout finance but elated at d same time hehee

By d way anyone fed baby porridge aldy? I tried today , but I blended it n it became too watery after I left it to cool. Any tips? No need blend can?

tinkerstars

Pinkymummy, for porridge, i was told no need to blend. let bb learn how to chew.. so u just cook over slow fire to make it softer (even better if u can cook using slow cooker.) you can add in spinach, carrot, brocolli if u like

i haven try myself... it's just what i 'absorb' the past few weeks

i only start my girl on cereal so far (last saturday)

Pinkymummy, for porridge, i was told no need to blend. let baby learn how to chew.. so you just cook over slow fire to make it softer (even better if you can cook using slow cooker.) you can add in spinach, carrot, brocolli if you like

i have not try myself... it's just what i 'absorb' the past few weeks

i only start my girl on cereal so far (last saturday)
Oh thanks ! I wanted use slow cooker but always no time. Okie I try tmr! Hehee by d way saw ur blog, ur gal v cute esp when swimming hahaa

Fiona73

My prefer porridge instead of cereal. Pinkmummy, u can use sieves to mash the porridge for start. Use 新米,is softer n nicer for porridge.