EDD Jan 2012 Mummies

Happy MTB

Hey mummies, anyone know where to get those button down pajamas to bring along for our hospital stay?
Hi AhJanz,

Am looking for button down pyjamas too..Been to those neighbourhood shop but i find it not nice, so never buy. Am still looking for it leh...i heard from my firend said, chinatown have alot. i never go, but you can try from there?

Happy MTB

Hi wyby,
i hav stroller, ring sling & stil considering a carrier.
we bot it @ baby Kingdom @ Kaki Bukit (Homepage - Baby Kingdom), but later found out kiddy palace almost same price.
think e price has gone down for e 1 i hav, think we bot it @ around $239, lime green is cheaper,(Love n Care Capella Compact Stroller - Lime) red is $299 if remember correctly.
is nice as ez to open, like umbrella. close needs 2 hands. e handle is fix so we can't see our baby when pushing her. those that can flip type can't rotate e back wheels (when it is so call changed to become front wheels), so when changing directions, you hav to lift it a bit laa.
my hubby is a stroller person, i can't co-ordinate my eyes & legs together with the escalators.
but is good when we go out for makan with my gal, esp hawker centre where there is no baby seat provided.
Hi Cygo,,Yes yes yes. The price in Baby kingdom is about the same price as kiddy palace, Their items are all the same. Thought will be cheaper but actually not.
But of cors the mart upstairs have alot of things to buy, can said most of the things can get it from there.

AhJanz

Thanks Cygo and Happy MTB, will head down to these places to shop for pajamas.

Wonder when should we start packing the hospital bag, hehee.. getting bit of excited already...

Oh ya mummies, just to share. My gf just delivered her gal at TMC via (normal delivery + epidural), free upgrade from 4 bedded to 2 bedded. She paid $2.4 cash in total after deduction of medisave. I feel that TMC package has increased alot comparing to last year where another gf paid only $1.5K via emergency c-sect with same room type.

So mummies who booked 1 bedded, prepare more cash ^-^

lag

my gynea yet to ask me what room type and which hosptial i prefer..hmmm anyone in the same situation??? shd i check with him abt it?

so fast pack hosptial bag???? haa i still dont know what to bring ley..

i have not packed my hospital bag yet... initially i thot 2 bedded at thomson medical centre is fine. went to the website to take a look, decided to book single bed instead. i heard from a colleague who delivered her children at gleneagles hospital and had a 2 bedded. she had to request for a change cos her room-mate was snoring very loudly even the nurse could hear outside the ward!

Happy MTB

I have not packed my bag yet. Feel am getting more and more lazy to get things done. OMG.
Do we really have to bring so much cash to the hospital? Any other way of paying? i dont feel comfortable bringing so much cash, especially when we are all so panic & concentrating with delivery! (same goes to our hubby)

AhJanz

hahaa.. I've not pack hospital bag, intend to do it ard 37 weeks :)

I have booked single bedded on my 16 weeks check-up, and the nurses there said we can change the type of bed if we wants to.

Happy MTB, i think the mode of payment are Nets, cash or CC. We do not have to bring so much cash with you.

AhJanz

Had my check-up yday at 28 weeks 4days, baby is in good size, 1240g. Was so happy. When gynae was doing scanning on bb, he was moving vigrously but I couldnt feel it, so weird. Anyway I alert gynae that most of the time i can't feel bb's movement :(

my bb is in breech position, so hope he turns by next check-up.

AhJanz

my baby is also in the breech position when i checked at wk 28.
dr tham said for 1st baby, usually about 95% will turn at week 34.
oic.. but Dr tham did tell me there's nothing to worried at the moment, will see how on next check-up.

Excited Mummy, are you in your week 29 or 30 now?

Happy MTB

hahaa.. I've not pack hospital bag, intend to do it ard 37 weeks :)

I have booked single bedded on my 16 weeks check-up, and the nurses there said we can change the type of bed if we wants to.

Happy MTB, i think the mode of payment are Nets, cash or CC. We do not have to bring so much cash with you.
oooic..keke thought have to bring so much cash around. Thanks Ah Janz!

Hi ladies

It's been a while since I posted here. I have not had ultrasound scan since 6, 9, 12 and 21 weeks. Next one is 32 weeks, so I have to wait a while! This is at NUH.

Your hospital should provide "checklist" of what to pack in Hospital bag - ask them for it.

My husband and I just started Antenatal Classes at Parentlink in Orchard. It's $495 for 5 lessons (2.5hr lessons). I'm paying an extra $100 for the 6th lesson on Breast feeding too, so $595 totally.

It is VERY interesting - they teach the 'Hypnobirthing' method. They teach us that birthing our baby isn not a "painful/scary/medical experience". Instead, it is natural and many women can do it without pain. Apparently the average labour without Hypnobirthing techniques is 12 hours, but with it, the average labour is only 5 hours. Also, a lot of students of Hypnobirthing go without any kind of intervention, i.e. they do not get:

- Epidural
- Episiotomy (that is where the doctor cuts the section between your vagina and anus)
- Induction (they wait for labour to start naturally)
- Injection for delivery of the Placenta (they wait for it to come out naturally)

We are learning a lot! I originally started out thinking that I would opt for a Caesarian, but after learning about this method and philosophy, I have changed my mind completely and want to go natural. I might still have an Epidural, but I will wait and see how it goes first.

The most important thing they teach is that you should not think about pain, or listen to friends' scary stories about labour - because then you will expect pain and if you expect it like that, you will feel it for sure. They don't even call contractions "contractions", because that sounds tense and can trick your mind into tensing up your body and your sphincter muscles (making delivery much harder!). They call the contractions "surges" and teach you how to breathe through them to manage them and let the baby do the work. You are not even supposed to "push" the way it is in the movies and on Discovery channel. The baby is supposed to come down with gravity, more naturally and easily - while you breathe. If your body tells you to push then maybe you should push, but you have to listen to your body first and foremost, and not just push because the docs/nurses tell you to push.

I learned that in the 1950's, women were actually knocked unconscious to deliver their babies (vaginally), so there was no pushing then, but the baby still came out!

Last edited:

cygo

i have not packed my hospital bag yet... initially i thot 2 bedded at thomson medical centre is fine. went to the website to take a look, decided to book single bed instead. i heard from a colleague who delivered her children at gleneagles hospital and had a 2 bedded. she had to request for a change cos her room-mate was snoring very loudly even the nurse could hear outside the ward!
OMG, I'm d snore-er,I'll better stick to single bed. :p
My hubby n I still prefers single room cos we can hav our new born with us anytime we like n prefers d privacy also.
N I'm d ks 1, got my bag ready also due to early delivery of my gal. Hubby requested to hav it all ready as I'm working @ job site. just some clothes you may need. Make sure is comfy enuf as we will be in pain still
Maternity pads (I got d super long nite use type), toothbrush... hospital (cum hotel) will provide standard. toiletries.
Will hav flip flops instead of bedroom slippers so can wear home straight home.

OMG, I'm d snore-er,I'll better stick to single bed. :p
My hubby n I still prefers single room cos we can hav our new born with us anytime we like n prefers d privacy also.
N I'm d ks 1, got my bag ready also due to early delivery of my gal. Hubby requested to hav it all ready as I'm working @ job site. just some clothes you may need. Make sure is comfy enuf as we will be in pain still
Maternity pads (I got d super long nite use type), toothbrush... hospital (cum hotel) will provide standard. toiletries.
Will hav flip flops instead of bedroom slippers so can wear home straight home.

yup. i am thinking of having our newborn baby in the cot in the room too.
plus, for single room, they don't restrict no. of visitors. read in the hospital booklet that for sharing rooms, advise to limit to 2 visitors at one time.
not possible...

cygo

yup. i am thinking of having our newborn baby in the cot in the room too.
plus, for single room, they dont't restrict no. of visitors. read in the hospital booklet that for sharing rooms, advise to limit to 2 visitors at one time.
not possible...
yeh, that's what we hav in mind too.
not nice to asked visitors to wait outside or come all e way & not able to see e baby.
we dont give birth that much anyway. :shyxxx:

Jas77

Hey everyone! Looks like we're all getting along pretty well. Third trimester truly is quite tiring. Sometimes I feel so bulky!!!! Especially at night!!!! I'm in my 32 week and will have to see my gyne every two weeks already. Baby's on the big side (big head, big tummy, long legs) but gyne said it's most likely genetic as both of us are have tall and big frames. :err: She's like 2.1kg at 31 weeks! Yikes!!! Gyne said that at this rate, I might deliever early... must monitor... But she said nothing much to do with diet cos i didn't put on much weight. Well, will try to cut down on sweet drinks and stuff though... just in case...

Is everyone's baby moving a lot? Mine is pretty active all day! kekeke.. it's a really awesome feeling though sometimes it does hurt when she pokes/jabs me. I saw somewhere that we must feel the baby's movement at least 10 times every 4 hours now and if there is a huge cut in their movement, we must call our gynes. Do take note yeah!! :001_302:

AhJanz

Excited Mummy - Im currently in my 29 weeks :)

Seems like most of us are gg for single bedded.
I didnt know there's a restriction to no. of visitors for 2 bedded and above.

Jas77.. wow.. you're already in your 32 weeks, means your edd is early jan. Think I'm the exceptional one here, I dont feel baby's movement much, unless I concentrate hard with my hand place at the right area of the tummy.
I feel heavy too, movement become clumsy and getting lazy too.

ANyway mummies, parenthood fair is this weekend, do grab whatever remain in your list!

Happy MTB

Hi all,

yeah, me too! me too! i booked single room, at least there are privacy, our hubby can also stay over with us, if 2 bedded, hubby cannot stay over..-_-..
Am in my 31 weeks now :) going for appt this saturday..keke..its getting tougher during third trim, hard to walk, clumsy, fatigue..I also felt my upper ab pain when i lie down or changing sleeping position...did anyone experience this too? baby is active! sometimes i can feel the pain when she kick really hard or when she is moving at the side..i can see my tum tum twitch!..oh btw, until now i still cannot differentiate the movement between the kicks n hiccups. How is the feeling like when bb hiccups?