EDD Feb 2012

chjean

Hi Minfatong & Clap,

I hv one "packing list" from my Fren, u gals need it?

Haha.. I m into 3rd Trimester now. Haha.. Luv the belly dancing, same as u gals, I luv to talk to my tummy every now and then, but feel so embarrass when I am whenever there's a third party. Haha..
Athes, i touch my tummy and talk to my girl too.. but i try not to speak out when there's someone beside me (unless its my hubby).
i just touch my tummy at the spot she kicked.. :)

petitemum

Hello mummies,

does anyone experinced of having pain in belly button area? I got sharp pain now and then and sometimes I cant even move.. My due is in Feb2012..

Athes

Hi hi.. For those who signed up the prenatal class with Thomson Medical which the class will be conducted in AMK Hub, pls note the actual location is at AMK Hub, Level 3, Little School House.

I ll start my first session in 2 hrs time.. Excited.. U gals enjoy too..!

chjean

Hi hi.. For those who signed up the prenatal class with Thomson Medical which the class will be conducted in AMK Hub, pls note the actual location is at AMK Hub, Level 3, Little School House.

I ll start my first session in 2 hrs time.. Excited.. U gals enjoy too..!
Hi Athes, how was the session? mine is also at AMK hub, starting this saturday.

chjean

Hi Dumbocarebear,

So sorry the the late reply. I juz got the info from my colleague yesterday. The shop name is Cheong Choon, tel: 65323855. This shop is a very conventional shop located at hawker center upstairs next to Chinatown OG.

Check it out and let me know if is really cheap cheap cheap.. Haha.. I hv yet to start buying a single thing for BB except the baby cot and stroller. Haha... Really donno what to buy.
HI Athes i went to check out the shop yesterday and bought quite a number of things, they are quite cheap indeed.
The shop sells many baby related items e.g. Spring cots (those bouncy sarong type), baby chairs, clothes, accessories etc.

I bought about a dozen front button (daily wear) tops for my bb - at $2.30-$2.50 per top. I heard from my friend that you really need a lot of these tops coz baby will frequently vomit milk and you need to change them frequently. You need a lot of spares too when you wash and wait for the tops to dry. I also bought about half dozen mittens - at $1.70-$2.20 each pair. Babies tend to suck on these and usually leave mittens wet, so we gotta change them regularly too. I bought a dozen multi colored hankerchiefs for $4.50. Other purchases include a pair of really cute shoes, 3 sets of baby binders (for bind around the baby stomach, to keep out the "wind").

i checked with my mum and she said the price is cheap and is a good price to get the items. There are also a lot of other items available at that shop like bb shampoo n shower foam and refills.. i'm definitely going back there if I need to get more. As for now, I think i'm quite done with all my purchases..

For those of you who wish to visit the store to take a look, please call the number as Athes indicated above to get the exact address. it's near the OG hawker centre.

chjean

Going for my monthly check up at my gynae's this saturday. Am in my 30.5 weeks. Can't wait to see my bb and know her weight. I can see my tummy getting bigger and bigger, adding pressure to my bladder, and making me pee so often....

How's the checkup for you mummies?

Shiawase

I did OGTT last week and doc says my blood glucose level is high.. he advised me to control my diet by reducing carbo and no sweet drinks... kinda sad over the result because i have been a sweet tooth person esp craving for sweet drinks during pregnancy... :embarrassed:

although he gave some suggestions on what to eat, i still find that there is limited choices... any mummies also facing the same prob?

Jacoco

Dear mummies-to-be

Me too- i have put on like 15- 17 kg of weight and now I am in my 30weeks. I do have sweet tooth and my Gynae suggested me to stop eating rice,bread, ice cream etc. My body dont really look that big but my tummy is super big and many pple tot i am going to give birth soon.

Have you gals got everything ready since we only left ard 10 weeks (For early Feb EDD).

Anyone same date as me? 4th Feb? Going for natural or C-section?

Care to share?

Cheers

minfatong

Hi Dumbocarebear,

So sorry the the late reply. I just got the info from my colleague yesterday. The shop name is Cheong Choon, tel: 65323855. This shop is a very conventional shop located at hawker center upstairs next to Chinatown OG.

Check it out and let me know if is really cheap cheap cheap.. Haha.. I have yet to start buying a single thing for baby except the baby cot and stroller. Haha... Really donno what to buy.
Hi Athes,

Thanks for referring the Cheong Choon, I went last weekend and they are really cheap and the owner very experience and friendly :)
I didnt buy anything from them yet, but i only mark down what i need from them. So I will call them to order and make payment when they deliver the goods :)

I have the packing list for hospital oredi..hehe. I have 2 actually i feel that the more i look at it the confuse im..haha..thanks for the offer anyway :)

minfatong

Hey mummies to be,

For the 1st Trimester, we did Oscar test. 2nd Trimester, did the detailed scan. Is there any scan or test we need to take in 3rd Trimester?
Athes,

I think we need to do another blood test to check the sugar level in our body to see whether bb is big/heavy..Im doing the blood test on 10 Dec. Got to fast 1 night b4..i hope i wont get gastric the next day b4 the blood test. Hope gyane wont ask me stop eating sweet things..all the while I have limit myself to consume too much oredi..if still ask me to control then i feel 'si beh cham' hahaha

minfatong

yes! our due date is approaching , so fast! my due date is 6 feb, and i've arranged with my company to commence my leave from 23Jan, which is the first day of Chinese New Year. my maternity leave will commence from the day I give birth. I plan to return to office by 2 May and will be taking flexi leave for the last month so that I can bring my baby for vaccinations etc without much hassle. have you planned by now?
chjean,

our due date is the same!! :D just not sure whether bb will come earlier or not ;)
im not working so i wont enjoy any maternity leave from company :( but that also mean my maternity leave is unlimited (just that no one paying it) hahahaha

minfatong

Athes, i touch my tummy and talk to my girl too.. but i try not to speak out when there's someone beside me (unless its my hubby).
i just touch my tummy at the spot she kicked.. :)
I find that sometimes I put my palm on my stomach..maybe due to the heat from my palm, bb can sense it and will move to the side of my tummy where palm is. That is a very funny and yet exciting feeling, like he is responding to me. :)

minfatong

Hello mummies,

does anyone experinced of having pain in belly button area? I got sharp pain now and then and sometimes I cant even move.. My due is in Feb2012..
Hi petitemum,

sometimes i do experienced some pain near my belly button but i suspect is due to bb stretching his hand/leg or body very near that area and the skin of our belly button area soft and sensitive that's why I feel the pain but is not sharp pain. Then I will talk to bb, try to relax him from too excited. hahaha

If you are worry, maybe you want to check with your gynae?

minfatong

Going for my monthly check up at my gynae's this saturday. Am in my 30.5 weeks. Can't wait to see my baby and know her weight. I can see my tummy getting bigger and bigger, adding pressure to my bladder, and making me pee so often....

How's the checkup for you mummies?
chjean,

I tot we have the same due date on 6 Feb? If that is the case then we shd be week 29.5 this week le..not 30.5? :nah:

I went for checkup this week, gynae said bb weight 1.2kg, shd be average, so is my weight. Im going for blood test on 10 Dec.

Ya, and i suddenly realize that I can see my toe when i stand straight and look down. :001_302:
I start to have swollen feet 2 weeks ago, so must lift up my feet for at least 1hr a day...:001_07:

ast0212

Hi petitemum,

sometimes i do experienced some pain near my belly button but i suspect is due to bb stretching his hand/leg or body very near that area and the skin of our belly button area soft and sensitive that's why I feel the pain but is not sharp pain. Then I will talk to bb, try to relax him from too excited. hahaha

If you are worry, maybe you want to check with your gynae?
I get a bit of pain too on one side though.. it feels as though baby is leaning to one side.. at the same time my tummy tends to look lopsided!

Usually pain is due to tummy stretching as well as baby moving about. I got a hard kick just the other day at the same time my toddler bounced on my tummy! Ouchies. But yeah, best to check with your doctor is you have any concerns :)

Athes

Hi Chjean,

Wow! U really buy quite a lot of things ya..! Think I gotta make a trip down le. I din bought a single thing yet for the BB.. Haha!

Thanks for the info.

HI Athes i went to check out the shop yesterday and bought quite a number of things, they are quite cheap indeed.
The shop sells many baby related items e.g. Spring cots (those bouncy sarong type), baby chairs, clothes, accessories etc.

I bought about a dozen front button (daily wear) tops for my bb - at $2.30-$2.50 per top. I heard from my friend that you really need a lot of these tops coz baby will frequently vomit milk and you need to change them frequently. You need a lot of spares too when you wash and wait for the tops to dry. I also bought about half dozen mittens - at $1.70-$2.20 each pair. Babies tend to suck on these and usually leave mittens wet, so we gotta change them regularly too. I bought a dozen multi colored hankerchiefs for $4.50. Other purchases include a pair of really cute shoes, 3 sets of baby binders (for bind around the baby stomach, to keep out the "wind").

i checked with my mum and she said the price is cheap and is a good price to get the items. There are also a lot of other items available at that shop like bb shampoo n shower foam and refills.. i'm definitely going back there if I need to get more. As for now, I think i'm quite done with all my purchases..

For those of you who wish to visit the store to take a look, please call the number as Athes indicated above to get the exact address. it's near the OG hawker centre.

Athes

Hi Jacoco,

My EDD was 8th Feb then my gynae said might be slightly late, and now is 14th Feb as the BB is slightly smaller during the detail scan. I do not know if my BB has work double hard to catch up. But definitely she is kinda strong and active inside there now. Haha..

Initially was thinking of C-section as I m quite scared of pain. But many of my frens asked me to go for natural and pools of mummies in e forum opt for natural. I watched the video of both, and now decided for natural.. Scratching head if I can cope well.

As for the things to get prepare for both myself and BB, I hv not bought a single stuffs. Hahaha.. Still in a kinda relaxing mood. My mom was surprised when she found out I haven't bought a single clothes for my BB. Haha.. Well, finally I came out with a small shopping list for BB. Gotta prepare one list for myself too.. Haha..

How about u?

Dear mummies-to-be

Me too- i have put on like 15- 17 kg of weight and now I am in my 30weeks. I do have sweet tooth and my Gynae suggested me to stop eating rice,bread, ice cream etc. My body dont really look that big but my tummy is super big and many pple tot i am going to give birth soon.

Have you gals got everything ready since we only left ard 10 weeks (For early Feb EDD).

Anyone same date as me? 4th Feb? Going for natural or C-section?

Care to share?

Cheers

Athes

Hi hi! mintafong & ast0212,

I feel the stretch and pain too.. Not the belly button but the side waist area. Now the uterus has risen up above my belly button, so the BB has more room to stretch. But when the BB move and stretch sideway, it really make me feel pain.. Hmm.. Is like somebody drilling deep into my skin.

I get a bit of pain too on one side though.. it feels as though baby is leaning to one side.. at the same time my tummy tends to look lopsided!

Usually pain is due to tummy stretching as well as baby moving about. I got a hard kick just the other day at the same time my toddler bounced on my tummy! Ouchies. But yeah, best to check with your doctor is you have any concerns :)

Athes

Hi Mintafong,

Any idea how ur gynae measure ur BB weight? I went for my check up about two weeks back, I was 27w6d then, gynae said my BB was 1.2kg. But I only saw him measure BB's head dia and body dia. Hmm.. He said to me few weeks back after my detail scanned (I did it when I was 24w), the BB was slightly smaller so the EDD will shift from 8th Feb to 14th Feb.

Now I am really confuse.. Hmm.. If my BB was 1.2kg at 28w, does it means she is on the norm range again? So my EDD will change? Hmm.. I m going for another check up tmr. I hope my gynae is not too busy to explain to me.

Btw, I had my swollen feet two weeks ago too.. It happened so suddenly, but subsided the next day morning. According to doc, more rest, raise ur leg when zzZ, low salt intake. But I worn the leggings too when I hv swollen feet. I do not know if is appropriate, coz sometimes ppl said legging is too tight and will stop the blooding from flowing well. But it does help for my swollen feets.

chjean,

I tot we have the same due date on 6 Feb? If that is the case then we shd be week 29.5 this week le..not 30.5? :nah:

I went for checkup this week, gynae said bb weight 1.2kg, shd be average, so is my weight. Im going for blood test on 10 Dec.

Ya, and i suddenly realize that I can see my toe when i stand straight and look down. :001_302:
I start to have swollen feet 2 weeks ago, so must lift up my feet for at least 1hr a day...:001_07: