Any malay/muslim mummies ard???

themissus

Diza & Asilah - I can totally relate! I'm lactose intolerant, so instead of milk, I drink soy milk. I've samples for choc EnfaMama A+, but I can't even bring myself to drink it! If you're forcing yourself to drink milk for the calcium, you can ask your gynae for calcium pills, like RamblingMummy said. I'm taking calcium pills too, on top of the soy milk :)

Bayu & wondershine - Glad to know I'm not the only one who got the dreaded mask! Good thing I'm not having on my face; the rest can cover coz I'm a hijabi, but at home I feel so weird looking at my zebra skin!

Caramellae - Wa'alaikumsalaam :) Hang in there, and don't push yourself too hard, okay? First trimester need alot of rest. Take care, sweetie! :)

mosqeetoh - Have fun at your urut session! :)

I just came back from my appt (32.5 weeks), and Alhamdulillah the lil one's a-okay at 2.29kg, not too big nor too small. We just faxed over our hospital admission form, and the gynae just told me to get my hospital bag ready. It's getting so close and surreal, masyaAllah!

Take care, lovely mummies!

zaclin29

do u feel gatal2 after tat thing kluar.. my 1st one im like tat oso.. tapi a bit gatal.. i forgot wat is it called but u have to tell ur gynae or doc abt it so that they can pescribed u with a cream and also this small look alike tampoon.. where u sumbat kan ke dalam and it will melt and inside u.. hehehhee... tak senonoh eh da way i described it.. hehehe.. but just tell ur doc lah.. they said it can affect the baby oso..

it's called Yeast Infection and preggers who had it before will experience it more often when they are preggy...
So best to take care.... dont wear tight panty... best is to wear disposable panty and change every 6 hours so as to "air" the V when the itchiness starts..... :)

diza

I have a glass of milk beside me now.. Drinking it slowly.. So far, I don't feel like puking... :Dancing_tongue: I put a bit of sugar in it so it really tasted like vanilla ice-cream. But I hate the tiny clumps. I kept telling myself that it's for the little one!

Themissus: Alhamdulilah.. May you have a smooth delivery! :)

Anyone knws whether we can drink bubble tea? I feel like drinking the ovaltine ice cream milk tea from Koi? Heehee

zaclin29

Themissus: Alhamdulilah.. May you have a smooth delivery! :)

Anyone knws whether we can drink bubble tea? I feel like drinking the ovaltine ice cream milk tea from Koi? Heehee

yes u can drink.... but try to limit as much as possible.... i will drink once a month only :p

mosqeetoh

ramblingmummy, thanks for the tips! i definitely need to make sure i have enough holes this time lolz.

U ladies really take milk.... I must be the worst case. I just drink the normal dutchlady/magnolia milk (strawberry flavored) from the carton once in a blue moon. that too chilled one from the fridge :D i can imagine my bones all brittle and porous in a few years' time!!!

diza

is it common to have a sore throat? mcm rasa byk phlegm. the moment I woke up this morning, felt the irrtation and then, there's the headache. it goes on and off but the pain is not too severe. i wonder if i can take panadol?

Aslmkum mummies...
I'm new to this thread but not tO mummysg site cos I was once active in another forum in 2010. That was when I'm expecting my 3rd child... Kind Of missing in action from here for sooo long..
Happy to see a "Malay/Muslim" corner here heh so I thought I drop by to saw hi!! :Dancing_tongue:

I'm planning for another baby soon hehe.. Insya Allah ..
Planning for 2012 baby so I need to start cracking ;p
Im a stay at home mum.. Where does all of you stay?

Salam Perkenalan to all
Stay healthy and happy ladies... :)

is it common to have a sore throat? mcm rasa byk phlegm. the moment I woke up this morning, felt the irrtation and then, there's the headache. it goes on and off but the pain is not too severe. i wonder if i can take panadol?
Salam diza
I think u better don't take panadol.. Get prescription from your doc is best.. Biler Pregnant, we cannot eat medicine anyhow.. My frd time pregnant pun byk phlegm.. It's normal but of course if it's uncomfortable, check with yr doc too.. Hope everything goes well for you :)

mosqeetoh

hi diza, not sure abt phlegm but i know some mummies experience headaches towards the end of 2nd trimester cuz of low blood sugar. do take enough carbo.

wsalaam princesses, welcome! hah 4th one in the planning ;) gd luck and u have roughly 2-3 mths if u want a dragon baby lolz so yeah start cracking :D

diza

Thx Princess.. Wow.. ur planning no. 4! Insya'Allah ada rezki. This is my first time so I'm quite worried also. I don't want another failed pregnancy like before. I'm going to the doc to get blood test to see the level of HCG.. And ladies.. I'm always feeling light headed. Is it becoz I haven't eat? Problem is I don't feel hungry and I'm used not to eat durin lunch break. Like yest, I had 2 glasses of milk and some bread.

Ummi

ramblingmummy, thanks for the tips! i definitely need to make sure i have enough holes this time lolz.

U ladies really take milk.... I must be the worst case. I just drink the normal dutchlady/magnolia milk (strawberry flavored) from the carton once in a blue moon. that too chilled one from the fridge :D i can imagine my bones all brittle and porous in a few years' time!!!
heee~ u r not alone mosqeetoh :) i only drink HL milk (white one thou) and soya bean... tats all... heh heh..

Ummi

Aslmkum mummies...
I'm new to this thread but not tO mummysg site cos I was once active in another forum in 2010. That was when I'm expecting my 3rd child... Kind Of missing in action from here for sooo long..
Happy to see a "Malay/Muslim" corner here heh so I thought I drop by to saw hi!! :Dancing_tongue:

Salam Perkenalan to all
Waalaikumsalam Princesses,

Salam ukhwah! :) hee.. another one akan in the making :p hehehe.. tats nice...

U must be experienced uh with 3 children da... :)

Any experience/tips to share on being pregnant and giving labor? Coz im a first time ummi-to be here! ;)

mosqeetoh

Lets hope all is fine with out little buns in the oven! I pray for healthy babies for everyone!

somedays my baby doesnt move much, do i need to be worried? there's no fixed pattern for my baby, sometimes very active and sometimes so quiet. no timing of any sorts too.... seems like he sleeps for such long hours on certain days.

themissus

Lets hope all is fine with out little buns in the oven! I pray for healthy babies for everyone!

somedays my baby doesnt move much, do i need to be worried? there's no fixed pattern for my baby, sometimes very active and sometimes so quiet. no timing of any sorts too.... seems like he sleeps for such long hours on certain days.
Amiiin ya rabbal alamin! :)

I can't remember how far along you are, but it's normal for first 2 trimesters, and early 3rd. Usually around 7mths thereabouts, it should be easy to detect baby's active pattern, like for mine, she'll be busy around 11+ pm all the way till 1230, and continue playing again around 6+ in the morn. Some gynaes encourage kick-counting, but I find that it's difficult, coz there are def times baby wld kick more, esp after a sugary treat.

Try to take note what gets your baby up and kicking. For me, she likes milo and yoghurt w/ berries, so any time I wonder why she isn't kicking, I'll take one of those. Alternatively, you can rub your belly. Baby can feel your warmth and motion, so baby will either kick, or at least move. Try not to worry too much, sometimes baby's just tired and wants to sleep! I know that for a fact coz my baby was quiet the whole day of my anniversary last Nov, and we got really worried and emotional. Dah siap to go hospital, then she wouldn't stop kicking. My mom says babies know what's going on, so she was giving her ayah & ibu privacy on their special day! Haha :D

Waalaikumsalam Princesses,

Salam ukhwah! :) hee.. another one akan in the making :p hehehe.. tats nice...

U must be experienced uh with 3 children da... :)

Any experience/tips to share on being pregnant and giving labor? Coz im a first time ummi-to be here! ;)
Hi ummi.. :)
Thks .. Experience tu come naturally as a mother's instinct..
Once the baby comes, you'll get the hang of it!! Plus knowledge and advices from all around you,etc yr parent, in laws, frds, relatives who have experiences ... A bit here abit there is useful :)
Read lots on parenting/motherhood.. And..... Hubby's support is v v v important heehe
Especially first few weeks going to be v tough but insya Allah all is well..
I'm still learning at 3 hehe
And I believe I've got moreeee to learn
My first 2 are girls. And girls biler meningkat dewasa I believe are harder to care for....
My girls now 8+ n 6+ . both in primary sch. :)
My ygest at 22 mths :)

themissus

Thx Princess.. Wow.. ur planning no. 4! Insya'Allah ada rezki. This is my first time so I'm quite worried also. I don't want another failed pregnancy like before. I'm going to the doc to get blood test to see the level of HCG.. And ladies.. I'm always feeling light headed. Is it becoz I haven't eat? Problem is I don't feel hungry and I'm used not to eat durin lunch break. Like yest, I had 2 glasses of milk and some bread.
You'll feel light-headed during pregnancy, coz more blood will go downwards to supply for the baby. Next time you see the gynae you could check if you're anaemic, or ask for iron tablets. You can also get over-the-counter iron tablets, a popular brand is Obimin. You can get at Guardian's. But be sure to tell your gynae of your dizzy spells. Take care, sweetie!

themissus

Aslmkum mummies...

Salam Perkenalan to all
Wa'alaikumsalam. Wahhhh, 4th baby insyaAllah! Your household must be so busy, and tak sunyi! Best of luck in planning for the 4th, miga diberikan rezeki insyaAllah... :)