Advise for post natal massage?

Jainah

Hi mothers !Just wish to share some advice to consider.1) For cesarean birth, usually obstetrician would not allow you to have your massage until after 1 month. Your doctor would want to be on the safe side. Experience masseuse would recommend after 2 week to be effective. You need to really get an experience, local masseuse cos usually the one coming from overseas may not have the required experience (more with normal deliveries). As shared by my friend who handled c-sect almost every week for the last 10 yrs, great care must is needed. Even the binding is done different and so is the selection of oil and herbs to be used. Its most effective if you do it before the one month. After that, you would have to wait after 4 mth before its safe to do the tummy trimming.2) For normal delivery, the earlier you do the better cos during delivery, the uterus would be pushed down. If theres episiotomy performed on the cervix, the traditional wrap helped to support the uterus from exerting pressure to the cut area. Hence, recommended is within 3-5 days after delivery. 3) For first time mother, its natural to expect the uterus contracting 2 or 3 days after delievery esp if you are breastfeeding. Its like premenstrual cramps. Usually lasted abt 1 day.4) Baby massage is best done after the baby umbilical chord has dropped off. Useful only after 3 week onwards. Not really necessary unless pre-matured baby. Hope these are useful.

Kim Milena

Any mummies out there have good reccomendations? I did not engae any massage lady for my first child. Heard from my colleagues that massage after pregnancy is very helpful in regaining back our figure. Pls also advise the rough costs of each massge session. Kind of low in budget :p
"Central" Post natal services..They are a one-stop post natal service which includes post natal massage, confinement nanny etc. The post natal massage indeed is very helpful to get back to pre- natal condition. the masseuse I had, very experience and friendly ; teach me a lot along the 2 weeks and even provide me with traditional medicine to get my health in pre natal condition fast. I compare myself with a friend who give birth 1 week earlier, can really see the difference.
And very fortunate , I also engage their confinement nanny , really save me and my hubby. Otherwise, I think we will be at a lost and drained! We were able to at least relax and really learning the practical know how to handle our baby; it's not something that can learnt from the classes. And little that we know that there are so many knowledge on the food that i should be and should not eating during confinement. Its really worth the money spent. i definitely reccomend this company, "Central" , contact : 96938585.

Kim Milena

2 years still can massage or not? need to rid of my fats...lol
Definitely, "Central" post natal services , their traditional massage is very effective .. one session just $80 to $100. As compare to some big slimming company which can cost you a bomb! And I can tell you, the technic and basic logic is the same!! according to my experience and someone I know working in one of those big slimming center. And better still, the masseur come to your doorstep without hassle for booking and travelling ; in the comfort of your home...
Their contact 96938585

just finish my post natal massage with Mdm. Mariam, I'm satisfied with the service.. I came back from hospital on Tuesday. She started post natal massage from Wednesday. She also massage the baby and help me to breastfeed the baby..
1session $50..I did 4 sesssion only...body become more rellax...the more important thing is she massage my breast so it can produce the colostrum and then the milk...also do something with my uterus so now it become more comfortable to sleep on the side.

Jainah

Just sharing. My friend shared that last night and last week, she had to attend to two ladies who have just given birth, who came to her place with swelling, very painful breast. In both cases, it took her nearly 2 hrs to help them clear the breasts. The women were in excruciating pain as the milk was not able to flow properly. My friend sigh that many mothers received poor advice (some clueless) regarding breastfeeding - esp the interval between feeding, unrealistic expectation, the milk production, etc. The so called standard advise does not take into consideration the weight of the baby upon birth, gender, jaundice (if any), the structure of the breast, etc. She has been doing this for 10 years and have helped and advised countless of women. For the two ladies who went over her place, out of her sympathy, she dont even charge extra for the extra time. Her advise for all new mother - please get good advice from experience mothers and not just from reading..:)p

anuarsri

Hi Jainah. Yap. I truly understand what you mean. I didn't engage my therapist, Hanis, from some companies or based from reading. I engaged her after my colleagues and friends recommendation. I was even more confident of my decision after I found my therapist has a WSQ certificate in pre and post natal massage. I also heard from my friend who engaged another therapist said that her therapist used a rubber binder which should not be the way. That's why I really agree with you when you said to get good advise experience mothers and also from the therapist who is qualified and experienced. I tried to help with my engorged breast based on reading books , eders superstitious and advise, nothing seem to help. Lucky my therapist can help me. She also used the cloth type of binder not the rubber one. Lastly, after 10 days of massage and binding, and proper diet and discipline, my tummy is really flat and I love it!

Nisah2112

Hi, my name is Madam Nisah, I can do pre/post natal massage. I also massage babies and elderly women. I'm very experienced in this massage business (20 years). If you're interested, please call me at 9725 3602. Thank you.

kwokm

just finish my post natal massage with Mdm. Mariam, I'm satisfied with the service.. I came back from hospital on Tuesday. She started post natal massage from Wednesday. She also massage the baby and help me to breastfeed the baby..
1session $50..I did 4 sesssion only...body become more rellax...the more important thing is she massage my breast so it can produce the colostrum and then the milk...also do something with my uterus so now it become more comfortable to sleep on the side.
Hi mothomotho

Can provide contact details and name of your massuer pls?

Cheers

anuarsri

Hi karynn. If I'm not mistaken my massage lady Hanis, is staying at sembawang. Can try ask her. Anyway, i think she does anywhere if no extra charges irregardless of area. Can try ask her. Her no is 93882514.

dFixa

Who would you recommend?
Hi happymoxy,

I would personally recommend Madam Maria. Currently I engage her prenatal massage service for 5days due to bad backache. She's doing post natal and slimming massage service as well. I've known her since my 1st child born in year 2002 through my late grandma recommendation. She also handle other types of cases. I never change to other massage lady after her. Just sharing my experiences.

dFixa

Hi ladies who c sec, when do you start your Jamu massage? So far, ok?
Hi Carol80,

You may start the post natal massage after 1week from the day you did C- Section. As far as I'm concern, the massage lady will not touch the wound part.

maylimtw

Hi, may I know what is Mdm Maria charges for pre natal? How long? What do we need to prepare at home? Her contact?
Thanks