Please share your birth story

Ain1707

Wow nlipeng! Our baby were born on the same date.

My baby was born on the due date 29 Aug, 2.49pm @ 3.46kg.

Will update u guys later. Still in hosp after almost 20hrs of labor. Going back today :)

Ain1707

Hi All, at last! im able to share my own story :)

28 Aug 2012
7pm - waterbag burst followed by some bloody discharge. Felt the mensus-like cramp 10 mins later.
( pain score : 4 out of 10 )
7.30pm - reached hospital, dr checked and confirm the membrane has ruptured and dilated to 3cm.
10pm - the official time being admitted to hospital.

29 Aug 2012
2am - the contractions were becoming more intense; 10mins apart (i was bleeding throughout the contractions).
( pain score: 5 out of 10 )
2.30am - get the dr to check and i was 4.5cm dilated.
3.15am - was sent to labour ward.
7am - i was bleeding on every single contraction, dr found out that the waterbag was not fully ruptured. I was still 4.5cm but the pain became more and more intensed after the dr stretched my cervix to 5cm. ( pain score : 6.5 out of 10 )
7.30am-10am - still dilated to 5 cm but the contractions were at the peak; 2 mins apart and lasting about 1min+ - i thought i was dying, the pain was too intensed that using the laughing was no use. Bleeding more and more. 4 drs suggested me to take epidural by looking at my condition because they were saying that my labor would be very long especially seeing at the contractions tracker the rates were very high. Since i chose to have natural, i rejected.
( pain score : 8 out of 10 )
10.20am - the contractions pain become more and more unbearable, i was not able to control myself, felt like the worse cramp ever + pressure ( baby's head pushing against the birth canal ) + back pain.
( pain score : 10 out of 10)
1030am - again the dr suggested for epi, since i was still dilated to 5cm, my husband did encourage me to take by looking at my condition. Epi was given, the jab was quite uncomfortable (felt pressure on the spine and some lightning sensation at the legs), i was jabbed 3 times until they found the right position.
My bottom half body felt numb but i was still able to lift up my legs. Body was shivering for 30mins(the effect).
( pain score : 0 )
1045am - i was dilated to 9.5cm already, the epi helped to speed up the progress since it will make you feel more relaxed and less tensed.
2pm - epi was cut off since i was already dilated fully and they need me to feel the pain to start pushing.
2.30pm - began to push; the feeling was like pushing out a watermelon, i was really pushing hard, and yes it was painful, episiotomy was performed and i did tear naturally but i would say contractions were much painful. Pushing was more like a burning sensation as well as the cut and tear. You were too stretched that you would feel numb down there.
( pain score : 7.5 out of 10 )
2.49pm - my baby boy Danish Aqeel(meaning : wise & intelligent) was born at a healthy weight of 3.460kg :) . Delivering of placenta was done followed by stitching on my cut and tear which took about 20 mins. You could feel some stinging during the poking of the needle but was not painful especially when the baby was hand over to you. :)

- End -

Last edited:

Ain1707

Thank jojoai, such a huge relief that everything is over now.

As for the rest, pls keep on sharing your birth story. Every birth experience is different.
Give your support! Thanks :)

nlipeng

Hi mummies!!! I'm finally free... Phew... Faster tell u guys my story first...

I started felt contractions on Tuesday around 2am++...and I went to toilet, saw some bloody discharge. Thought it might due to the dilation checking previously from doc, so I went backup sleep as the contraction is not frequent. Woke up sweating around 4am++ cus the contractions suddenly got intense, start timing them and realized its 10mins apart. Went to shower then wake husband and mil up, went to hosp around 7plus.. Once I'm at hosp, waited for doc to check for dilation.. Then when doc came, he asked me few questions and I felt water burst.. Told the doc, and he checked for dilation and it's 3cm already. So they admit me same day. After that, the pain got more and more intense to 5-6mins interval. Around near to 11am, my Gynae came and check and it's already 4-5cm dilated. Asked me if I wanna take epi, I still insist don't want, and doc said I'll have to endure for another 6-7hours as for 1st delivery he said usually dilation is around 1cm each hour.. By the way, they injected me with oxytocin around 10plus to promote the dilation, then the pain just increased by each minute!!! By 12pm, I just can't take the pain already, it's around 3-4 mins interval and we saw the contractions chart, they hit peak all the time!!!

Then hubby said he can see me so Xin ku... And told me to get, don't suffer anymore.. So I decided to take.. Took epi at 12noon, no pain afterwards...went to sleep, keep energy to push. By 4pm, I'm fully 10cm dilated. They reduced the epi dose for me to feel the contractions, then by 5pm, no pain but I could feel the tightening. So midwife teached me how to push.. Hubby is there all the way and did the counting... Around 1/2 hour, managed to push baby and midwife said can see bb's head already. So waited for doc to come... 5mins later, Gynae came and did the pushing!! He pushed my stomach hard when I push and within 5-10 mins baby is out!!! Time of delivery is 5.51pm, baby's weight is 3.17kg.. I was overwhelmed and I forgot to cry.. Hahaha.. Dont know If it's the effect of epi or not, but I saw hubby cried!!! Which moved me to hearts....

Oh and doc perform epitiosomy as well, 2 stitches... And he showed me the water bag too after he pulled it out.... Ha... That's all my story, long one...

nlipeng

Wow Ain, your story is sooo detailed... I don't even remember that much except the last hour of push.. Haha... Mine is not as long labour as you, you've done a good job too.. I took epi as well, can't handle the pain.. But for me the epi is no pain at all, with 1 jab... I could say KK staffs are quite experienced.... And when I was fully dilated to 10cm, they reduced the dose of epi as well, but I don't feel any pain at all... Just the tummy tightening as a que for me to push... And I delivered baby without any pain... :)

Anyway, u take care and welcome to motherhood together!!!

suezul

Congrats ain on ur delivery. When i read ur stories, i was like 'omg...im feeling it all over again.' Speedy recovery for u. And aha... we had a same baby name but mine was 'muhammad aqil luthfi (meaning: the last prophet name, intelligent, kind-friendly-gentle). Anyway, welcome to the motherhood's club!!!:)

Kary2500

Ain - Congratulations!! And thanks for sharing your really detailed birth story, for all us who are still yet to give birth.. Its very interesting to read :)

Ain1707

Yes agree and it is advisable for the first timers to use since we tend to dilate slowly. Seek your dr advice first. If the dr thinks that your progress is good and your dilations are pretty fast, then epi is not an option :)

Anyway nlipeng, are u healing well??
Im having some mild cramps on my abdominal, understand that this is due to the shrinking of the uterus back to the pelvis. As for the stitches, i got no problem peeing/passing motion since dr advice me to drink lots of plain water. I have started to produce milk yesterday( im so so happy :D )and my breasts are super duper sore; felt like i just had a boob job, LOL.

Last edited:

MamaDT

Thanks Ain n nlipeng for the story especially with the pain score so tt mothers to be can prepare the pain pain feeling.... Heehee

Happy bonding with your babies =)

Kary2500

Hi Kary2500,

How many weeks are you now?? And what is your birth plan? :)
Hi Ain, I start week 37 from tomorrow :)) eagerly waiting for the day... Everyday I keep thinking that today maybe it ...

I have a really low threshold for pain, so I'm open to the epidural that's if I can take it at the time the pain starts.. Moreover I want to be all relaxed when I'm holding my baby for the first time.. :)

Is there any special care that your supposed to take cos you took the epi? I'm just concerned about the back pain that everyone keeps ttalking about because of taking epi.. Because I have always had back pains, even now can't walk too much or stand for too long and I hav back pain..

Ain1707

Hi Kary2500,

Yes i heard about the side effect too. I had only experience the back pain from the jab like kind of swollen feeling the next two days and that's it. So far i have no problem other than that :) i cant assure u since everyone is different and before the dr actually gives you the epi, they will explain to u the side effects and percentage of people who had actually had the side effects. I wasnt too focus on that since i was in too much pain to hear and i just signed the paper for agreement to have the epi :D

After i had the epi, the dr didnt allow me to walk for 6 hrs, need to stay in bed and will be wheelchaired if you need to go anywhere. No special care needed when at home besides having enough rest :)

Last edited: