Edd dec 2012

MamaDT

Mummies... I made a mistake on the date of the baby expo.... It is end oct not end nov.... 26-28th oct... Expo hall 5b... Sorry! I only know stemcord will be there heeeee

Arrrg my post disappear after I click the arrow so got to retype again >_<

Mreow mreow, so good that u still energetic.. I'm so tired everyday.. Dreaded to go work but I admit I didn't sleep early.. :p cos also wanna enjoy my me time watching shows etc. and yes, the kodomo is nice smelling! Those baby smell.. :)

MamaDT, ya I'm delivering in Tmc. Which room u book? I intend to book 2-bedded.. And will be going for the hospital tour on 9 nov.. Just to get a feel of how it's like. Ok will update about my growth scan this sat. I just Realised today that this is a short week! Fri public holiday so long weekend! Yeah! :)

Oh j bought the maternity disposable panties.. From my colleagues which bought a lot. It's made of cotton and if not too dirty actually still can wash and wash again which is whSt I do now.. Have taken out one to try.

For those working, when will u start your maternity leave? My edd is 12 dec and I'm planning to off work from 1dec. :)

Luckystar

My EDD is 24th dec, but I'm taking my leave from the 6th , I have all my annual leave left over this year, so using that . Also I feel so big, I get the feeling that baby may come sooner.

ivyb

Mummies... I made a mistake on the date of the baby expo.... It is end oct not end nov.... 26-28th oct... Expo hall 5b... Sorry! I only know stemcord will be there heeeee
Hi MamaDT, u mean there's a bb fair end of oct? is it organised by stemcord or???
I only know there's one on 9th-11th Nov by Motherhood mag.

allele

Yo it's a start of a new week again! Hope u all had a good weekend!

Cherry blossom: So far Im still feeling pretty energetic since the beginning of my pregnancy and I will work till the BIG DAY comes. Gonna save my annual leaves for next year to spend more time with my baby :)

Mreow mreow: Yup Im currently under Dr.Jerry Chan from TPS, KKH. He is a caring and patient nice gynae I would say, but I'm determined to give natural birth despite what he has explained to me about the pros of c-sect (if nothing goes wrong). Ooops the price of the premier package offered is for foreign resident like me, sorry for the confusion caused. I think for S'porean will be cheaper. :) Currently you're under which gynae ar?

Btw, Im also using Kodomo detergent to wash my baby's clothes. Smell so nice.. so 'baby' lor! Haha..

Luckystar: Aiks.. you're not alone. I havent think of my baby girl's name as well. Me and hubby have different ideas and views. Listed some names but havent finalised yet. Hopefully we're able to get a name that we like before she pops out. Haha..

MamaDT: Baby expo again? The last baby fair was like about 2 weeks ago.. Hmm.. anyway, Im left with one last important item in my list, the steriliser! Just wanna maximise the warranty of the steriliser, so plan to buy it later.

Luckystar

Yep baby expo in on this weekend ! This is the link : http://singaporeexpo.com.sg/2012/08/16/baby-expo-2012-3/

Allele, good to know I'm not alone in the names dept. seriously this is such a difficult decision to make , and hubby and me just cannot agree on the right one !!!
Btw, I suggest you check out with your HR on the policy about using annual leave first. I had also wanted to use my annual leave after baby is born and then proceed on to mat leave, that is why i didn't take any annual leave this year. however, per HR at my place , we can't do that because MOM states that the maternity leave needs to kick in the day te baby is born. So we cannot take annual or any other leave at that time. They even sent me the link to the MOM site that states this. That is the reason why I am having to take my annual leave earlier , coz my leaves lapse when the year crosses over. So I thought I might as well gt some rest before the little one comes along.

Mreow Mreow

Hello mummies, a very good Tuesday to all of u :)

karenoon: i been drinking soya bean milk almost everyday .. think i shld consider stopping it already..

MamaDT: now my bed has a lot of pillows already until my hubby say he do not have much space to slp already haha, btw where did u get the Pureen nappy cloths ? Is the Pureen nappy cloths called the Muslin clothS? Which area do u stay btw??

Sze Sze: hello! Thanks for asking ur gynae and clarified with me, okieee since wont crush baby, i shall continue slp on my left side hee..ya! i tried to put pillow now at my back and below tummy.. It seems to help! and thank u for ur valuable info! :) ur diet is very healthy.. I shld try to follow it too... cos ever since I had my baby boy, i been craving for carbohydrates most of the time =)

Mreow Mreow: how tall r u? i was tinking is it that u r tall ur tummy area is long that is y ppl tot ur stomach size is like 5 - 6 months? my sis in law is very tall and hav long tummy.. so she is already 5 - 6mths now but no one knows she is pregnant hee .. and oh no, i been taking quite a lot of beancurd. I should stop now! i felt tummy hardens whenever I am in my workplace. When I am at home, sometimes it hardens becos i eat too much.. other than that, I don feel the hardening..

Luckystar: I think pigeon is a good brand. so don worry buying tat brand ^^.. U gonna use ur annual leave.. i got one question then.. lets say if u start taking ur annual leave from 6th.. lets say touchwood if ur edd becomes earlier will u be wasting the leave that you have applied? How do u all solve this problem ah??

Cherry Blossom: hey welcome back mummy!! i don tink the discharge is waterbag or something, don worry okie! and btw my edd is 18th DEc and i intend to take leave starting from 1st December too!

How does Braxton Hicks feel like??

Thanks..
Yes, actually do feel like fortunate that i feel energetic.
Mind overrr Body!!
Wahahaha :D

Hmm...
Yes, maybe its my height that makes me look months behind.....
I'm either 169 or 170cm.
Even the BirthClass Instructor also thought im 25weeks along.

Momopeachgal, beancurd is shiok but dont OVER-take.. Cuz my aunties say no good...

If im not wrong, Braxton Hicks is the Hardening of the Tummy that u have been feeling..
I have that very often in a day..
Whenever I change positions doing something..
Good thing it doesnt hurt yet...
Read that when it starts to feel painful, labour could be in the next few weeks...

Anyway Momopeachgal, HAPPY 32WEEKS to us Both!!! :D

Allele, im under Dr TC Tan.
Nice Gynae, his face is 1 of the 3 faces on the Poster that is on the pillars near the escalators!! :D
U can check him out! ahha!! :)
Yes yes, we should all give natural birth a shot!!

Was at antenatal class yesterday and they showed us birth videos..
Featured a few Caucasian ladies during labour..
Was a lil squeamish at the parts where they show us the baby crowning at the mothers' vaginas...

Scary..
Seeing how much expansion has to be done at the Vagina.......
Suddenly 1 baby head come out.

Im so glad i dont have to be infront and see the labour canal opening........
*faint*

Last edited:

Mreow Mreow

Momopeachgal,

Did u manage to buy the Lansinoh Nipple Cream? :)

And are ur nipples better after gently cleaning them during warm shower?

babyswonderful

Hello mummies,

Our pre order batch #10 have started!

And for this round, our USA suppliers have generously given cash rebates promotions for the Medela Freestyle and Ameda pumps!
Do take a look at my thread in this forum or my blog for more details.

Products we are shipping in from USA include brands like Ameda / Medela / Lansinoh / Desitin / California Baby / Dr Brown's and many more!

Prices are generally up to 50% lower than retail shops and other BPs due to negotiations and shared shipping costs.

Do drop by my thread ~45% OFF RETAIL PRICES~ NEW! Milk Bottles/Breast Pumps/Creams/Milk Storage Bags or my blog www.babyswonderful.blogspot.com if you are keen to join us.

Thanks!
Baby S.

Mreow Mreow

Mreow Mreow: ooh no wonder! my sis in law is oso tall.. about the same height as u.. .. for me hor.. I m 158cm only.. and my body is short leg longer.. so when i am in my 3 months like that my tummy already started to show =) So now my tummy is already v big le.. start to feel super bulky.. and yeah!! Happy 32weeks!! Today is the first day of our 32nd week =) Enjoying pregnancy :)

Lanisoh cream havent place order yet cos i wanna see still got other items to purchase together so as to save the shipping! btw.. yes i tried cleaning them during warm shower.. Then i started to see some flakes at the side leh.. i scared i break the frakes den will feel painful... i hope it will be better.. cos sometimes i forgot to use warm water.. cos weather v hot leh haha..

I went to babycenter website and see the birth videos.. i wonder issit the same as the ones u saw in class.. anyways.. yes... its very scary.. like the head is seen at the vagina and then see the process when the head is "pushed" out.. and then the doctor pull the head out and then the whole body follows.. Quite scary to me oso.. but no worries... we wont be able to see that scene hehee =) I am very excited and frightened at the same time!!.. And icic.. So i felt the braxton hicks long ago.. But i don feel the pain yet, just the tightening. I felt them everyday especially when i m at work.. dono y =)

Yesss, the videos are the same! Scary and a little disgusting.. Haha...
I told my hubby neverrr to look there during my labour and to either stand behind or beside my shoulder!! :)
If im him, dont think the image can ever be erased off!! Hahaha :p

Hmm, dont think ur nipples will hurt..
it is just dead skin i suppose...I think at the top where the milk will flow from will usually have more dead skin..

Waa, quite surprised to see u replying!
Tot u will MIA on weekdays!! :D

Luckystar

Momopeachgal
About the annual leave , if baby comes in sooner then the maternity leave will have to kick in the same day. So the annual leave will have to be pushed back. In this case, as the year is turning , I don't have much option. I can at max carry forward 5 days, the rest will have to lapse. Per my company policy, I can request for special permission to carry forward all the remaining leave given the circumstances, and that we obviously cannot pinpoint the exact date of baby's arrival; but it depends on the management approval. So for now I have to contend with the possibility of my leave lapsing ( except for the 5 day carry forward) if baby comes sooner.

Luckystar

Mreow Mreow
You are so lucky , so tall !!!
I am 155 cm only , and at 31 weeks I already look like I am way past my due date!!! And because of stomach sticking out so much , Tge back pain kicks in.

lizasaifi

Gd morning mummies! How are u all doing? I'm still in hospital n yesterday had a stint at d delivery suite as they want to monitor n observe me n baby. I'm impressed wif d delivery suite! Very nice n comfy! Hehehe spent ard 12 hrs there, enjoying d air con n d tv. Even my hubby was enjoying himself napping on d reclining sofa. Hahahaa

Thankfully everything is fine n doc said I do not have to deliver yet! :-D hubby n me were sooo relieved to hear dat! Lolz at least lil princess will have more time to grow some more n be chubby n fat. Hehehe have another scan tmrw n we shall see how it goes. Hope all will be well n I can be discharged soon.

Alright mummies! Take gd care n enjoy ur long weekend ahead! :-D

Mreow Mreow

Gd morning mummies! How are u all doing? I'm still in hospital n yesterday had a stint at d delivery suite as they want to monitor n observe me n baby. I'm impressed wif d delivery suite! Very nice n comfy! Hehehe spent ard 12 hrs there, enjoying d air con n d tv. Even my hubby was enjoying himself napping on d reclining sofa. Hahahaa

Thankfully everything is fine n doc said I do not have to deliver yet! :-D hubby n me were sooo relieved to hear dat! Lolz at least lil princess will have more time to grow some more n be chubby n fat. Hehehe have another scan tmrw n we shall see how it goes. Hope all will be well n I can be discharged soon.

Alright mummies! Take gd care n enjoy ur long weekend ahead! :-D

Hi girl!!

Glad to see u in forum again!! :)

most of all, very happy to hear that U & baby are well and that u dont have to be Induced...
Thank God... :D

Hmm, im sure they will charge u for the usage of the delivery suite ya?
Hope the charges at NUH arent expensive eventhough u are subsidized..

Yes, i do hope that your scan will go well tmr and that u'll be discharged soon!! :D

Mreow Mreow

Luckystar, is your profile pic, the picture of your baby's cot? :D
Very nice...

hehe..

Initially wanted to buy that type of Cot..
But end up getting something like a cradle, its small, for up to 1.5yrs only and has wheels below so I can roll it around the house...
hahaha :)

Mine looks like a pram but its a bed with wheels..
duno how to describe... *bleah*
Like those we see in fairytale storybooks... haha

Luckystar

Luckystar, is your profile pic, the picture of your baby's cot? :D
Very nice...

hehe..

Initially wanted to buy that type of Cot..
But end up getting something like a cradle, its small, for up to 1.5yrs only and has wheels below so I can roll it around the house...
hahaha :)

Mine looks like a pram but its a bed with wheels..
dont know how to describe... *bleah*
Like those we see in fairytale storybooks... haha

Mreow Mreow
That is not the cot i have bought, but that is certainly one of those that i have in mind
I just got this picture from the internet when i was looking up nursery ideas.
i do plan to get a larger cot through, something that i can use up to 5 years, so i have to buy one time only ;)
will checkout if the baby expo will have some on display else, will get the ones at baby kingdom

lovepixie

Hello Mummies,

Im new and my EDD is Dec 2. I want a few advice from mums out there..

1) i have very dark belly line from 6 months onwards.. i use clarins oil to prevent stretchmarks but it did nothing to the dark line..
2) my chinese very bad so dunno what to buy for confinement so i bought the eu yan sang post natal package with timetable for what to eat and when in english.. is it good? anyone tried it already?
3) i also worry abt slimming back and take care of the belly not sagging after birth so i bought a jamu and virgin coconut oil set including bekung to tie waist like corset.. also included the timetable in english when to tie or what to use at when after giving birth..

4) baby cot or sleep sarung as i want my baby head round round

5) how many pcs of newborn clothes is enough? one for each day?

6) anybody tried Himalaya baby products? i got a voucher and wondering whether should i buy them or not..

i dont know whether i have all covered...

MamaDT

Hi mummies

Lovepixie: welcome! :) my edd is on 17 dec... I m first time mummy so haven't tried anything yet except for stretchmark cream and experiencing all sorts of pregnancy symptoms... Heehee
baby cot rather than sarong coz sarong is bad for baby's spine although I guess I used to sleep in there before as a baby... Heehee
The dark line will go away itself after pregnancy I think :)
Have heard of himalaya brand but thought it is more towards supplements... Not sure if product is good yah
Newborn burps milk, poo and urinate a lot... I heard min 3 pcs of clothes a day exclude PJ.not very sure myself... But definitely more than one piece..depends on individual baby... :/

Lizasaifi: so happy u don't have to deliver at wk 35! :) enjoy and relax at the suite stay yah :)

Momopeachgal: pureen nappy cloth..is the cloth diaper haha nowadays my brain like loss for words or forgetful... As if I am always distracted by sthg, cannot think properly, can't find the right words and stuff... Blur blur! Maybe baby's kick kept distracting me. Yah! I already told my hubby that if he intends to have 2nd baby in future, never look below when baby is coming out from the birth canal. Need his support if there's a no.2 in future lol :p

Mreow Mreow: yah video was eeky... I forced my eyes to open wide wide and stare at the procedures of different birth plans when the video was playing! Hahaha we can do it yah!

Lucky star: same height as u... My tummy is very pointed and big for my size and I am already waddling at shopping malls and at Hm... Feel easily tired too.. Haha

All: I went for week32 checkup yesterday! Baby head down on my right side this time haha he really likes to turn around yah... Lol normal position and 1.8kg... Small but chubby haha so cute when we finally saw his face yesterday! Cheeks so cute! Lol look more like daddy on all features (-.-) did my sugar and iron blood test... Sugar level normal but I need to take iron supplements coz it's on the low side....

I felt nauseous today, even vomitted just now... So now lying down and typing my replies here... :(

How are all mummies preparation for arrival of baby? :)

Last edited: