Edd dec 2012

MamaDT

Arrrg my post disappear after I click the arrow so got to retype again >_<

Mreow mreow, so good that u still energetic.. I'm so tired everyday.. Dreaded to go work but I admit I didn't sleep early.. :p cos also wanna enjoy my me time watching shows etc. and yes, the kodomo is nice smelling! Those baby smell.. :)

MamaDT, ya I'm delivering in Tmc. Which room u book? I intend to book 2-bedded.. And will be going for the hospital tour on 9 nov.. Just to get a feel of how it's like. Ok will update about my growth scan this sat. I just Realised today that this is a short week! Fri public holiday so long weekend! Yeah! :)

Oh j bought the maternity disposable panties.. From my colleagues which bought a lot. It's made of cotton and if not too dirty actually still can wash and wash again which is whSt I do now.. Have taken out one to try.

For those working, when will u start your maternity leave? My edd is 12 dec and I'm planning to off work from 1dec. :)

Cherry Blossom, I have booked the single bedded room but it is still subject to availability on that day of delivery yah... however, i thought to myself that i am willing to upgrade to premier single rather than 2-bedded if single bedded room is full coz I am very ma fan one, so I know I can't share room with another mummy as I am afraid I might disturb her rest by gg to the washroom & handling visitors. Lol :) also, I scared I am blur so I asked my hubby to stay in with me to help me remember any advise from the nurse or doctor. Lol

MamaDT

Mummies... I made a mistake on the date of the baby expo.... It is end oct not end nov.... 26-28th oct... Expo hall 5b... Sorry! I only know stemcord will be there heeeee
Hi MamaDT, u mean there's a bb fair end of oct? is it organised by stemcord or???
I only know there's one on 9th-11th Nov by Motherhood mag.
Hmmm not much info on this... Only know stemcord will have a booth there coz they emailed me.... However, don't think it is just stemcord yah :)

MamaDT

Yo it's a start of a new week again! Hope u all had a good weekend!

Cherry blossom: So far Im still feeling pretty energetic since the beginning of my pregnancy and I will work till the BIG DAY comes. Gonna save my annual leaves for next year to spend more time with my baby :)

Mreow mreow: Yup Im currently under Dr.Jerry Chan from TPS, KKH. He is a caring and patient nice gynae I would say, but I'm determined to give natural birth despite what he has explained to me about the pros of c-sect (if nothing goes wrong). Ooops the price of the premier package offered is for foreign resident like me, sorry for the confusion caused. I think for S'porean will be cheaper. :) Currently you're under which gynae ar?

Btw, Im also using Kodomo detergent to wash my baby's clothes. Smell so nice.. so 'baby' lor! Haha..

Luckystar: Aiks.. you're not alone. I havent think of my baby girl's name as well. Me and hubby have different ideas and views. Listed some names but havent finalised yet. Hopefully we're able to get a name that we like before she pops out. Haha..

MamaDT: Baby expo again? The last baby fair was like about 2 weeks ago.. Hmm.. anyway, Im left with one last important item in my list, the steriliser! Just wanna maximise the warranty of the steriliser, so plan to buy it later.
Wow Allele, u've bought everything already? Except for just Steriliser? Coollllll babe.... I still have some not bought yet coz I find shopping in malls very tiring nowadays :(
Gonna buy confinement shampoo, nursing bras and dress, cooler bag and wall decals, cotton buds and sterilised cotton wool online...
And get my hubby to buy pumps with Singapore warranty later next month
Hmmm oh so kan cheong.. Like haven't do a lot of things haha

lovepixie

Hi mummies

Lovepixie: welcome! :) my edd is on 17 dec... I m first time mummy so haven't tried anything yet except for stretchmark cream and experiencing all sorts of pregnancy symptoms... Heehee
baby cot rather than sarong coz sarong is bad for baby's spine although I guess I used to sleep in there before as a baby... Heehee
The dark line will go away itself after pregnancy I think :)
Have heard of himalaya brand but thought it is more towards supplements... Not sure if product is good yah
Newborn burps milk, poo and urinate a lot... I heard min 3 pcs of clothes a day exclude PJ.not very sure myself... But definitely more than one piece..depends on individual baby... :/

Lizasaifi: so happy u don't have to deliver at wk 35! :) enjoy and relax at the suite stay yah :)

Momopeachgal: pureen nappy cloth..is the cloth diaper haha nowadays my brain like loss for words or forgetful... As if I am always distracted by sthg, cannot think properly, can't find the right words and stuff... Blur blur! Maybe baby's kick kept distracting me. Yah! I already told my hubby that if he intends to have 2nd baby in future, never look below when baby is coming out from the birth canal. Need his support if there's a no.2 in future lol :p

Mreow Mreow: yah video was eeky... I forced my eyes to open wide wide and stare at the procedures of different birth plans when the video was playing! Hahaha we can do it yah!

Lucky star: same height as u... My tummy is very pointed and big for my size and I am already waddling at shopping malls and at Hm... Feel easily tired too.. Haha

All: I went for week32 checkup yesterday! Baby head down on my right side this time haha he really likes to turn around yah... Lol normal position and 1.8kg... Small but chubby haha so cute when we finally saw his face yesterday! Cheeks so cute! Lol look more like daddy on all features (-.-) did my sugar and iron blood test... Sugar level normal but I need to take iron supplements coz it's on the low side....

I felt nauseous today, even vomitted just now... So now lying down and typing my replies here... :(

How are all mummies preparation for arrival of baby? :)

you also feel nauseous till now? me too.. i thought something wrong when didnt stop vomit in morning even after the first 3 -5 months..
worst is i vomit out the anmum milk or supplements i take till nurse ask me to take at night..

Luckystar

Wow MamaDT and Cherry Blossom, you already booked room in hospital?
i havent even done the hospital tour yet. when do you need to do the tour and book room?
does your doctor advise you when is the right time?
my doctor never tells me what i need to do when.
he never told me aout joining ante natal classes as well. by the time i relasied that i should join the good ones for my EDD (24 Dec) were already started. i luckily got one at raffles hospital that had just started; but now i realise the raffels ones is no good. the lady there just reads out from the slides. waste of time and money!! if only i had done my research earlier and not depneded on my doctor to tell me what to do when................... sigh.....

Luckystar

Hi mummies

Lovepixie: welcome! :) my edd is on 17 dec... I m first time mummy so haven't tried anything yet except for stretchmark cream and experiencing all sorts of pregnancy symptoms... Heehee
baby cot rather than sarong coz sarong is bad for baby's spine although I guess I used to sleep in there before as a baby... Heehee
The dark line will go away itself after pregnancy I think :)
Have heard of himalaya brand but thought it is more towards supplements... Not sure if product is good yah
Newborn burps milk, poo and urinate a lot... I heard min 3 pcs of clothes a day exclude PJ.not very sure myself... But definitely more than one piece..depends on individual baby... :/

Lizasaifi: so happy u don't have to deliver at wk 35! :) enjoy and relax at the suite stay yah :)

Momopeachgal: pureen nappy cloth..is the cloth diaper haha nowadays my brain like loss for words or forgetful... As if I am always distracted by sthg, cannot think properly, can't find the right words and stuff... Blur blur! Maybe baby's kick kept distracting me. Yah! I already told my hubby that if he intends to have 2nd baby in future, never look below when baby is coming out from the birth canal. Need his support if there's a no.2 in future lol :p

Mreow Mreow: yah video was eeky... I forced my eyes to open wide wide and stare at the procedures of different birth plans when the video was playing! Hahaha we can do it yah!

Lucky star: same height as u... My tummy is very pointed and big for my size and I am already waddling at shopping malls and at Hm... Feel easily tired too.. Haha

All: I went for week32 checkup yesterday! Baby head down on my right side this time haha he really likes to turn around yah... Lol normal position and 1.8kg... Small but chubby haha so cute when we finally saw his face yesterday! Cheeks so cute! Lol look more like daddy on all features (-.-) did my sugar and iron blood test... Sugar level normal but I need to take iron supplements coz it's on the low side....

I felt nauseous today, even vomitted just now... So now lying down and typing my replies here... :(

How are all mummies preparation for arrival of baby? :)
Congrats MamaDT on your good scan.
can you really see the face on week 32 ?? wow... i cant wait for mine ...
i have doctor appt comimg staurday .... i hope i can see my BeBe's face too.

MamaDT

Lucky Star, Momopeachgal, Lovepixie

After a nap, I feel giddy now and nauseous still.... Wonder if it has to do with the first time taking iron supp.... Arghh I don't like the feeling :(

MamaDT

Lucky star, I can see baby face coz this time his hands didn't cover his face at all... Think got not much space for him to move his hand to cover in that position.. can see quite clearly :)

Luckystar

Mummies,
Off late, do you feel very sleepy at odd times?
i have never been a person to sleep much, but now, for the past few weeks i am very sleepy all the time.
i doze off on my way to work and back, and now a work too, i am nodding off at my desk. sometimes in tge misdat of a meeting i find it very difficult to keep my eyes open.
has anyone else felt this way?

Luckystar

MamaDT
i suggest you talk to your doctor about the giddiness and nausea.
i dont think iron tablets should be causing it.
have you had it throughout the pregnancy or just recently?
you should let your gynae know, it could be nothing, but better to be safe.

MamaDT

Lucky star, I have crazy MS during first till mid end of 2nd trim... And thought finally I feel alive again from the crazy MS...

Third trim - normal to feel tired easily, heartburn, acid reflux, nauseous. I am unsure whether my heartburn acid reflux is coming back to haunt me or whether my this iron pill is unsuitable for me... I only know this symptom makes me feel so sian and sad whole day... didnt eat much coz feel like keep feeling like puking.. will call up tml as clinic is close for the day and my checkup is two weeks from now... :)

mizzyeika

Hi mummies!! Been MIA for quite sometime ald. Really cant keep up with all the updates ald!

Currently in my 32weeks ald. 8weeks more and i still havnt prepare anything yet. Furthermore my firstborn is a boy n currently im expecting a babygirl. I really need to buck up! But i guess all the essential things are already in hand and for at home clothes i can just recycle wtv my firstborn has. Just need to buy nice cute rompers n accessories for bbygrl for going out time.

Btw im going for VBAC this time. I really hope that everything will goes on smoothly. And this 31st i will be paying for my upfront. $1800+ for 4bedded premier pkg. i thought wanna take classic but since im going for VBAC my hubby insists of taking premier so that my gynae will keep me on a lookout.

jaclynchua

Re: Nestle Nan Pro 2

hey mummy, i have just opened a new group for us to buy, sell and trade baby stuff! please invite your friends as well to help build the group! :)

simply search: babyselltrade singapore

ivyb

Hello dear mamas! :)

I'm exactly 32 weeks today and I had my prenatal check this morning. My baby position is head down with her legs curling up on my left belly. It's no wonder i always feel so much movement on my left side, confirm they are all her kickings and wrigglings. :D

Since my last visit two weeks ago, I've put on 900g and my baby girl weighs around 1.65kg. I still can't help it but worried that i'm expecting an underweight baby but my gynae keeps assuring me that i'm carrying a perfect size baby....not too small nor too big. Since I'm not very tall myself, (1.56m) he thought I shouldn't compare myself with other tall expecting mothers as their babies are usually bigger and heavier. And since i'm aiming for normal delivery, sometimes it's a blessing not to have too big size baby. :)

I was also given iron tablets to take daily starting from today. Hopefully, i will not feel too heaty or constipated like what my sils have experienced.

Next two visits will also be every 2 weeks and from 36 weeks onwards will be once a week. I'm getting more and more excited as the delivery date gets nearer and nearer. I'm also quite emo nowadays, easily moved to tears over small little silly things. lol!!!

Btw, does any mummies experienced heartburn so far? How does it really feel like? I'm not sure if I ever had it before or not.... :p

Last edited:

mizzyeika

MamaDT: oh my.. I hope u will be fine soon. and o.. u first time taking iron supplement.. u bought urself or provided by gynae? Could it b u allergic to that supplement? Wanna ask ur gynae or not? Call ur gynae tomorrow? Hope u r fine! update us tomorrow and don worry dear.. Cheer up!!

by the way..U did 4D scan ah? How come u can see the face de? :)

Luckystar: I felt sleepy even early in the morning when I am in bus on my way to work. Even though I had enough sleep.. I also nearly fall aslp during work hours.. I think its normal leh.. i heard that during the third trimester we will feel as tired as during first trimester..

mizzyeika: hello mummy, I am currently in my 32nd week too! when is ur EDD? mine is 18th Dec :) sorry but.. what is VBAC?
Hi dear. My EDD is 17th dec! Hehhehe. VBAC means vagina birth after c-sect. Since my firstborn i had to go for emergency csect due to the cord entangling his neck. So this time round im going natural instead of repeated csect.

Mreow Mreow

MamaDT, u mention that u have low iron count right?

Actually low iron causes anemia which does result in Nausea, Giddiness, fainting spells, extreme lethargy..

The pills prescribed to u should ease ur Giddiness in time to come..
Most common Side effect of Iron pills are usually Constipation.
I've not heard that it causes nausea though...
Dont worry so much ok? Juz ring up the clinic when Uve got the time! :)

Anyway MamaDT, I drank coconut juice yesterday!!
I bought it from JB Jusco!! :D

Mizzyeika, all the best for ur VBAC!! :D

Ivyb, yes, 1.65kg is normal for ur Baby at 32weeks!! :)

Omg, I've been counting down to 31stOct cuz can't wait to spy on my babygal & see what she's up to. Haha.

Hope my doc doesn't suddenly tell us it's a boy cuz we've already prepared girly things.
Wahahaha! :)

I am super slack.
Have loads that aren't bought!!
I plan tk pack my hospital bag on 18nov, a month before EDD.
Cant pack now, don't even have the items!! :p

MamaDT

Hello Mummies

Lucky star: booked the room during week20. The clinic nurse helped me to book :) I didn't go for hospital tour... Just the virtual tour online to see the different type of wards :) and I was warded in the two bedded before during my first trim and 2nd trim so I aga aga know what I want. Lol

Momopeachgal and Mreow Mreow: I felt much better this morning without taking the iron pill. I have not taken it as well till now. Iron pill I took from clinic one. I also heard most common side effect is constipation and iron is suppose to help me ease tiredness and giddiness. Tt's why I felt so strange on yesterday's symptoms... Thanks for checking out the allergies and side effects for me babes! Hugs! I haven't call the clinic too but gonna call in awhile :)
I've packed abit for my hospital bag but haven't pack baby's coz I hvent wash his clothes lol...
There's this topic on what to bring to hospital under third trimester thread or below link:
http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f34/things-bring-hospital-stay-delivery-what-pack-list-7252/
Take latest post as a guide yah :)

Ivyb: our height is about the same! Lol :) baby's weight is also about the same :) no worries yah as long as baby got grow is good enough :)

Mizzyeika: we have the same EDD. Yes I do feel more emo at this trim.... Lol once cry, very hard to retract back the tears that just wanna roll out.... Machiam it's time to wash my eyes clean clean with tears... :p but seldom cry... More of easily get frustrated, sad without tears, worried and stuff.... :) let's try to snap ourselves up when we realized we are feeling this way yah :)

Cherry blossom: I've bought the disposable cotton panties... Haven't tried but material looks good :) and quite cheap $4.30 for 5pcs at watsons. Think better buy more for confinement use haha andddddd I've finally found the maternity pads. Quite ex $6.80 for 10pcs adhesive Kotex brand :( any mummies has lobang for better pricing? ^^

All: do you all intend to buy the disposable mattress mat for your use during confinement? Lol and anyone intending to buy sterilized cotton wool to wipe nipple for BF? :)

Last edited:

lovepixie

MamaDT

I taking double iron pills... mostly i vomit also when taking iron pills n vit C <-- doc prescribe want. Maybe iron make me sick.. must go for T-bone steak more often to replenish my iron.

Also for disposable matress protector.. i bought the one napkin with adhesive on bottom like the hospital use to cover the bottom half of the bed. available at major pharmacies..

Last edited:

Mreow Mreow

MamaDT,
Are the disposable undies really comfortable?
Hmm, I dunno whether to buy or not.
Long time ago used to wear but they dont fit properly or snugly...
I don't like wearing undies that are loose & don't fit properly when I'm using a pad!!
Maybe I'll Juz use my own old undies or buy those big& cheap colorful printed granny ones. I think might fit more snugly...
See how :)

Oh, anyway Whn I bought my coconut at JB, I saw the Maternity loops at jusco!
10 for half price!
Will get it from there! :)
On my next trip there u chk price for u.
The pads price may be different from the loops.
If much cheaper I can buy for u!! :)

Momopeachgal, I only glimpsed the packing list from this forum in months ago.
All I know is I don't have majority of stuff so I've not packed! :)
Besides, on my next Doc visit, I wanna chk out wad KK offers during delivery first before I pack the bag!! :D
And lk wad MamaDT said, my Baby's clothes also not washed.... :p

Oh, my doc only managed to see that it's a gal on my 20week.
Till now after so Many checkups, cannot see gender u know! Cuz Baby's leg closed.
Though DoC say he's quite sure, he Said he could also be wrong!
Haha.

MamaDT

Lovepixie: Thanks for your info on the disposable mattress protector at major pharmacies. :)

Anyone intending to buy sterilised cotton wool? I think we can also buy that from major pharmacies hor? :)

Mreow Mreow: the material is 100% cotton so it feels comfy. But I have not worn it. Cherry Blossom tried already. Perhaps she can advise :) I know they got size.... I bought waist size 28" , hip 36-40".. I only bought one pack so far intending to wear it at hospital... If really nice, will ask my hubby to help me buy more packs :)
And....Wat?!!! Loop in jusco is at half price? That is So cheap~~~~ I haven't had coconut drink... Wonder if those selling at shop & save where the coconut skin is already sliced away, shape and wrap nicely, can be drank...