EDD March 2013

LYC

Thanks for sharing, Fioray!! I shared this with my hubby. In fact our confinement lady only request the last day ang pow although she knows there is rule in sg to have start work ang pow.

Since this CL is my sister's good friend's mummy and she is very experience and patient (she even passed us a pack of huge diapers to us as a gift during our last visit to her house for discussion) and my hubby said could give a start work ang pow ($100) as a motivation before my confinement :001_302:

My CL will not only take care of myself, baby and also cook for husband. My sister said she will do household when she is free. Haha... Hopefully I could have plenty of rest during my confinement time :001_302:

Hi Mummies,

Just wondering, would paying $2400 for stay-in CL (singaporean) be considered reasonable?

Apr gal

some of my friends told me no need to go thru pre-natal class as after birth the nurse will teach how to breast feed & CL can teach u how to bath the bb..
Hi, ya I think we r all too excited! Actually like u say all those breastfeeding n bathing skill can b learnt from nurse or nanny. Even breathing skill, d midwife will teach u during delivery. Tats d practice since olden days. But of course if there is time to spare no harm to attend to gain more knowledge. Some said it's very beneficial. But I will skip tis. :)

woa. neymo.. u very active.. i get tired & sleepy easily :( due to tat.. i "wasted" time on benches to grab nap..during my BKK trip.
Haha.. Smilem, I also got tired when doing shopping. But I feel fully energetic when comes to trekking, natural scenery walking :001_302:

Sometimes I could really forget there is a 6mths ++ bb inside my womb...haha..

however, recently I am suffering backpain and water retention on foot :embarrassed:
Neymo you are so active! That's good I think I need to start going for walks. Been cooped up at home most of the time.

EQCM32

Hi all Mummies to be!!

I just did my 5-months detailed scan and i'm carrying a PRINCESS!! heehee hubby was still hoping to see the little birdie (he wants a boy to watch scoccer with him).. But can see that he is very happy too lah.. everything is fine so far..
I will be delivering @ Mt Alvernia
EDD 28 march 2013

Wasnt following up on the forum as I'm swamped by work... really feeling tired and wanna quit!! but no choice.. need to stay on and enjoy the 4-mths maternity benefits.. cannot waste.. Can someone update the Gender Chart for me?? Pretty please!! :)

If there's any gatherings, would love to join. ;)
:Dancing_tongue:

JuJuLim

Congrats eqcm32!! Ya like my husband was delighted with a boy lol.

can any mommies intro where to get nice and good quality crib ? Those roller soft type one . But I don't want to buy from kaki Bukit area ain't too good there

Apr gal

Congrats eqcm32!! Ya like my husband was delighted with a boy lol.

can any mommies intro where to get nice and good quality crib ? Those roller soft type one . But I don't want to buy from kaki
Bukit area ain't too good there
I think u can check out kiddy palace or mothercare stores. I saw quite a sturdy one at kiddy palace but can't rmbr d brand

carlitos

TAll mummy, must sure your gynae fee include scrub test in the 37 weeks. Understand what is GBS as this is very important especially if you intend to have a nature delivery. Pls google GBS to understand what is this. It is very common of 20% mummy might carry GBS bacterial and it's possible to pass to the baby.

But this test will only conduct in the 37 weeks and thus gynae don't tell you . To ensure mummy free from GBS, personal hygiene is very important especially after you wee wee. Do invest a bidet in your wash room so that you can ensure more hygiene . Japan and Korean mummy have low % of GBS as they have bidet in every home and this is hardly see in Singapore .

There is few kind of bidet available locally, make sure you get those which provide for female or double nozzle type.

hello mummies,

how is everyone? hope all is doing fine.. =D

i just weigh myself last saturday.. and i already put on 5kg at 24 weeks.. i feel so fat now cuz i'm a little overweight to begin with.. but i keep telling myself that it's all for the baby and make sure that baby is healthy, it's worth the sacrifice..

all the mummies here.. jia you! let's count down to the arrival of our precious little one!

smilem

Hi All..

i didn't know 37 weeks still got tests to go thru..

is there any other scan / tests required after the 24 weeks?

This sat go for my routine chk. lately bb kicking quite hard.. can feel the bouncing.

Hi chocolate07 I think we all measure at the baby bump area right? Haha but I like to keep track of how big my baby is growing just for the fun of it. I am amazed. As for the empire cut dress, I have been looking for it too. sigh I can't find! I will try to buy more pants soon cos some of my pants have become uncomfortably tight!
Hi susannanation, ya I tink shd b measured at the baby bump area :) my baby bump oso getting bigger, quite ha to find pants cos we will outgrow the pants quite fast..dresses shd b a better choice ba..

I remember in the first 2 weeks (20-22 weeks) baby will like to show his movement whenever I was doing my experiments and reading journals (both were at sitting position). Sometimes while I was standing and starring at MacDonald breakfast board during queueing and he started kicking. LOL...

Then from 22 weeks onwards till now, my baby moves more frequent and I could even feel his movement even walking. :001_302:

Do share with us when your baby start to move ya, chocolate07!! :001_302:
Hi NeyMO, so lucky tat u start to feel the baby movement so soon..I heard tat some baby movements can only be more obvious felt after 24 weeks..

l0r3tTa

Hi smilem,

You can check with your gynae what are the routine checks that he/she has in line for you.

I know that there is the down syndrome tests, detailed scan, glucose tolerance test, then in 3rd trimester there is a test that the gynae will take a swap from inside the vagina.

Hi All..

i didn't know 37 weeks still got tests to go thru..

is there any other scan / tests required after the 24 weeks?

This sat go for my routine chk. lately bb kicking quite hard.. can feel the bouncing.

smilem

Hi Choco.. Yes, after 23 weeks can feel the bb more obvious.. for my case.. when i cross leg, she will "protest" (lolz.. my mum say coz i make her uncomfortable).. during work, if i sit too long, she also move around.. dinner time, she will exercise too..
Before bed time, she move around..my hubby will say good nite to her. slowly the movement stop..

Hi NeyMO, so lucky tat u start to feel the baby movement so soon..I heard tat some baby movements can only be more obvious felt after 24 weeks..

babyswonderful

Hello mummies,

Just to share with you, we help mummies import in breastfeeding & baby products from USA (including brands like Ameda / Medela / Lansinoh / Desitin / California Baby / Dr Brown's / Avent and many more!)

Our pre order batch #11 have started today!

And for this round, our USA suppliers have generously extended the cash rebates promotions for the purchase of Medela Freestyle and Ameda pumps!

In addition, we added a new Refer a Mummy program where you get cash rebates for refering a mummy!

Do take a look at my thread http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f81/45-off-retail-price-new-milk-bottle-breast-pumps-creams-milk-storage-bags-31-01-13-a-87527/ in this forum or my blog www.babyswonderful.blogspot.com for more details while you are shopping for these stuffs.

Prices are generally up to 50% lower than retail shops here and other BPs due to negotiations and shared shipping costs.

Thanks!

NeyMO

Update us :D... i may also take at AMK hub. since i stay at north area.
How was the class, Smilem?

To myself, I think it is very useful class for first-time-parents. I do read a lot about pregnancy and parenthood and since I am scientist and I do really enjoy to understand the every single changes in myself during preggie everyday :001_302:

The class definitely will promote the relationship with your partner as well. The interactions and also the exercises that involve hubby created a lot of funs for ourselves in last class. :001_302:

NeyMO

Hi all Mummies to be!!

I just did my 5-months detailed scan and i'm carrying a PRINCESS!! heehee hubby was still hoping to see the little birdie (he wants a boy to watch scoccer with him).. But can see that he is very happy too lah.. everything is fine so far..
I will be delivering @ Mt Alvernia
EDD 28 march 2013

Wasnt following up on the forum as I'm swamped by work... really feeling tired and wanna quit!! but no choice.. need to stay on and enjoy the 4-mths maternity benefits.. cannot waste.. Can someone update the Gender Chart for me?? Pretty please!! :)

If there's any gatherings, would love to join. ;)
:Dancing_tongue:
Congratz EQCM32!! Will update your princess into our gender board later!! :001_302: