1st semi-solids

annie

i bought those ice cube tray with cover. those without cover i use plastic wrap. anyway.. my fridge has 2 freezer compartment n i make one purely for my girl's food so its not much of a problem hehe

snowbear

anyone using the baby cubes?
i bought one tray with 8 compartments. They should be enuf for the first 2 weeks when dear daughter is only on one solid meals right?

How do you use the normal ice tray? Do you have to cover it with ziplock bags or cling wraps? Worried that the purees will be contaminated by the other raw food in the freezer.
Yes, i'm using baby cubes. It's enuff for starters on solids.

I'm also using ice cube trays (with cover) coz sometimes i make quite a lot of puree and different types of puree. You can go buy those ice cube trays with covers if the ones that come with your fridge doesn't have covers.

uddermummy

the prob is my fridge is v small! Darn! Shouldn't have listened to some pple!:realmad:

Not enuf place to put ebm, and there's only space for 1 ice tray. Now don't even know whether got space to keep dd's purees or not.

btw, snowbear, where did you get your bb cubes from? So far the cheapest I've sourced is $12.50.

stonston

There's no need to spend so much money on baby cubes. It's over rated. Go to Daiso & get ice cube trays with covers. It's only $2 and it lasted me for so long! Giant also sells ice cube trays with covers but I think it's around $4.80, still cheaper than baby cubes :p

snowbear

There's no need to spend so much money on baby cubes. It's over rated. Go to Daiso & get ice cube trays with covers. It's only $2 and it lasted me for so long! Giant also sells ice cube trays with covers but I think it's around $4.80, still cheaper than baby cubes :p
Actually i think so too. Now i use them more like little tupperwares than for their actual use... sigh. Wasted my $. For my purees these days (i still make applesauce), i also use ice-cube trays coz it's more convenient to portion out into 1T portions. Imagine how many baby cubes i'd need when i make applesauce in bulk!!!

isabelandrew

mummies, can share with me what kind of puree you make for your bb to store as cubes?
next week, im starting to feed my ger ger "si shen" powder from eu yan seng. so exciting....!!!!

snowbear

mummies, can share with me what kind of puree you make for your baby to store as cubes?
next week, im starting to feed my ger ger "si shen" powder from eu yan seng. so exciting....!!!!
you can start with sweet potato, pumpkin, carrot, peas, applesauce (cooked apple). These freeze well and are suitable for beginners to semi-solids.

annie

anyone knows how long it takes for bb to digest solids? i heard breastmilk is 2hrs..