1st Trimester - Hungry all the time?

In my 9th week now...the list of food that i like to eat gets shorter everyday. I am also loosing weight. was 51kg 3 weeks ago...now onli 49.9. Maybe the morning sickness affects my appetite. hopefully, it gets better as we progress...:)

Itsy

I'm hungry all the time too. I'm just 4Weeks++ pregnant, and since a few days ago (right before finding out I preggers), I have been getting up middle of the nite to pee, and then felt so hungry I just HAD TO EAT.

Hubby already comment that I eat too much (at least 6 meals a day). So, I only had a cup of Milo + Oats, and some healthy nuts for my midnite snack. I think my FIL and MIL is going to get suspicious that I'm preggers, with my eating pattern and sleepiness. I'll try not to tell them til my ultrasound confirms the pregnancy at Week8..... so long leh.... arrggghhh.....
Your situation sounds like mine. I should be ard 4-5 weeks pregnant and these days I have to go pee all the time, even in middle of night. I used to take only 2 meals a day but now I get hungry all the time, sometime will even wake up in the middle of nite due to hunger. I dun dare to not eat but also afraid if I continue to eat whenever I'm hungry, I'll turn real FAT! No one knows of the pregnancy too except my hubby... and yes, week 8 seems such a long wait.. actually my GP told me to wait till 12 weeks but I think 8 weeks good enough to tell. I get tired easily too.

I'm wondering is this all normal at 4th week of pregnancy?

SH74

i think it depends on individual. some no appetite, some great appetite. some cant sleep, some can sleep. it's all 'cause of hormones' doing.

i think if u want to eat, just eat. of cos in moderation. dun starve. not good for health n growth of foetus. ;)

tordis

I'm Hungry all the time too... but i control myself to 4 to 5 meals a day.. fruits, rice....
before i slept (if HUNGRY) i will juz take a bowl of KOKO Krunch with milk milk.. :wong19:
But will getting up to pee pee a few time in the middle of the night..

Last edited:

Itsy

I realise a change in my eating habit too. Tends to eat sourish food like tomato based pasta, saltish food like giam chai and instant noodle. Or chilli with lime. Normal healthy food I used to like are making me lose appetite... like it gets stuck at my throat, can't swallow. I got a very 'heaty' body too. B4 I was pregnant, I used to drink large amount of cooling tea now I dun dare to drink so much so I keep getting sore throat. Dun know now what to do..

eurostar

I also feel hungry all the time.
Worst is I woke up in the middle of the night to look for food as cannot sleep due to hungriness
Weight gain so muchie and 1st trimester only :(

Just had a sardine puff yummy......but feel like vomitting again haizzzzzzzz

fr0ufr0um0mmy

I'm hungry all the time too!!

Can't sleep at night and hungry all the time... My appetite so far so good, but putting on alot of weight! Only 5 weeks now and my jeans all tight liao :(

eurostar

I'm hungry all the time too!!

Can't sleep at night and hungry all the time... My appetite so far so good, but putting on alot of weight! Only 5 weeks now and my jeans all tight :(
U still can put on jean?
guess in 2-3 mth time I can wear my hubby jean :embarrassed:

nataliecxy

My 1st trimester i gained 8kg...yes hungry all the time...keep eating every 2-3hrs...my colleagues keep telling me every time i walk by i see you eating/munching..but i cant help it sooo hungry..and i tell them if you need food come and find me i have a drawer of food..hahah

i drink a big cup of warm milk before i sleep.