After 1st bb, any1 care to go for #2?

mskathy

i'm been thinking since after my first bb should i have a second one.. cos if we wanted to have a second bb.. all the stuffs can put aside.. den stretch marks dun have to bother so much.. piles can wait.. etc

but i really doubt if i have the courage to go for #2. bb are adorable.. but if you think abt it.. wen i'm preg my hubby find it such a chore to even massage my leg.. feels tat preg like so ez.. every $ and cents also calculate.. den i have to pay these and tat... really have to think twice for second 1..

michellechin

I had phobia getting p[regnant again coz my first pregnancy got me very sick and had to go thru very long labor and process. Tried for normal but ended up c-sect. Miserable and very stressful. On top of that, my recovery from c-sect was slow coz i still feel pain after 3 months. wonder if that's normal. i wasn't working for a year while caring for my 1st baby. i was there to see thru every milestone. Not easy caring for my baby coz she was quite difficult to handle. In-laws aren't helping to how i wanted it to be and frankly you can't depend on them much. But nevertheless, i do appreciate my mil's help eventhough she almost send me to depression mode. She tried. I told myself not to have 2nd coz of my 1st experience. was afraid to go thru again but then again, i gather some courage and decided to go for 2nd. Yeah, the $$$ and arrangement / planning on who to take care of #1 and #2 do really matter. What's important is to think thoroughly abt ur financial and discuss with ur husband. U need his support.

SH74

for me, i'm hoping to hv 2, a boy n a gal. now w the recession n all, dun dare to hv no. 2. my 1st pregnancy was a nice happy 1 w lots of love, understanding n attn by hb. no morning sickness or watever. only fatigue n crazy appetite. so no phobia. but some ppl say that if 1st pregnancy v ez, 2nd 1 sure will b like hell. so that's also partly y i got a bit of phobia of having no. 2. n my boy is v ez to take care since birth. scared no. 2 gives me hell. hahaha... :D havent happen then so much fear alr.

BudgetMum

time & the lov for ur bb will encourage u to hav another 1

wat more now the maternity package in spore is very attractive -- i dun get enjoy them at all for my 2 kids!!!

dun wait too long -- ;p

SH74

the package i find not attractive enough leh. hahaha... :D

me not much time left also. jus a few more yrs if really want no. 2. but i think will hv diffi pregnancy the next round 'cause i stop exercising regularly. last time exercise regularly, which i think, is the main reason y i had ez, smooth n happy pregnancy. recovery also fast.

mayb will b like cancan, jus hv my boy - 1 n only baobei. hahaha... :D

anyway, i dun really like to plan such things. like to let nature takes its course. jus like the way i had my no. 1. ;)

BudgetMum

the package i find not attractive enough leh. hahaha... :D

me not much time left also. jus a few more yrs if really want no. 2. but i think will hv diffi pregnancy the next round 'cause i stop exercising regularly. last time exercise regularly, which i think, is the main reason y i had ez, smooth n happy pregnancy. recovery also fast.

mayb will b like cancan, jus hv my boy - 1 n only baobei. hahaha... :D

anyway, i dun really like to plan such things. like to let nature takes its course. jus like the way i had my no. 1. ;)
thought i have to agree that the package is not super duper perfect / attractive but at least there is an additional bonus to enjoy on top of rejoicing on ur newborn ;)

most women ultimately will settle down for family planning, so with the bb bonus -- at least the cost of supplements & transports etc r covered by gov & u starts saving 4 the newborn education ;p

if i dun hav kids at very young age, i would hav enjoyed those & can spend longer time with my DD & DS b4 returning to work!!

SH74

if i dun hv any kids yet, w the bonus, i'll try to hv 1 bb. but now got 1 alr, unless the bonus is more attractive, then i'll hv another. hahaha... :D

January84

well for me, yes, had my No2 when first was NB at 6months. Though of having them as a close gap to bring them up together.

Having kids is a family planning. Most impt is to have DH support, so that emotionally there is still someone to turn to.

Wonderwhy

i'm been thinking since after my first bb should i have a second one.. cos if we wanted to have a second bb.. all the stuffs can put aside.. den stretch marks dun have to bother so much.. piles can wait.. etc

but i really doubt if i have the courage to go for #2. bb are adorable.. but if you think abt it.. wen i'm preg my hubby find it such a chore to even massage my leg.. feels tat preg like so ez.. every $ and cents also calculate.. den i have to pay these and tat... really have to think twice for second 1..

For me, I also wish to have two no matter how hard work it is. Cos one is too little, 2 is jus enough( balance, they gt parnter to play with, tok with.....) third ah? i feel now in this world too stressful due to their study.....

Maria76

as for me still thinkg for 2nd baby and i'm 32 yrs alredy. My boy now is 5 yrs old. When expecting my boy i had very bad experiences like i had a very bad toothache(every night crying), very bad vomitting till need an injection due to dehydration. But during delivery quite smooth. No epidural needed coz my baby is small only 2.3kg but still not ezy to push.LOL...

Last edited:

CanCanMum

Anyways wad is the latest maternity package apart from the 16 weeks leave?

Baby bonus izzit 4k? and somemore got tat co-savings one issit?

wenz

new plan is 16 weeks, 1st 2 kids is cash 4k and 3rd and 4th is 6k... co-saving same, $ to $ matching... plus 6 days childcare leaves...
actually me always think tat 1 is enuff but accidentally got my no.2 so i tot just right 1 boy and 1 gal.. now i accidentally expecting my no.3 le.. haha no choice... once the baby comes then u'll slowly accept it... many plans had to be defer but bo bian... anyway i'm gonna 'tie' up after this! too much accident... keke

wenz

haha... nope only 2.. cos my 1st child is in yr 2000... tat time no bb bonus yet.. keke~ but 2 also not bad la... my 2nd one only entitled to 3k cos tat time is old plan....

yan2

I always wanted to have one girl and one boy. Now i dun intend to have #2 because nobody to take care of bb, feeling bad to send to infant care. When babies cried, this teacher can only handle one baby at a time. Later she got frustated and beat her...aiyo..

CanCanMum

yeah...me facing same problem too so putting it on hold until further notice...or at least if i am able to be SAHM...

yeah...infant care centres are supposedly to be 1 to 1....normally if bb cries they just leave there unattended until they are done with whatever they are doing, coz infant care norm comes with childcare as well, dont think they will beat baby la....LOLs but maybe frustrated or wad lor...and it is impossible to employ just 1 person to care for the infant so....haiya, canx blame them la, difficult to do business in singapore oso.

January84

yup, and not all ppl in infant care are proven better then "maids" they might share the same abusive characters as "maids" loh...

so unless u can find someone u really trust the caregiver part, if not, hold on first.

Lin-12

As for my case, i haf a daughter who has jus turned 8 mths and im preggie wif my 2nd one alrdy. Abt 4 mths now.. 2nd one was an accident but no regrets so far. U will jus face it once u haf e 2nd one. I think tat one boy n one ger is jus enuff but unfortunately tis 2nd one is oso ger. But its alrite wat matters is they r both healthy n happy. Tat's e most impt thing. My 1st pregnancy was very terrible. I haf bleeding and hence I've got to lie on bed for 7mths and onli allowed to go toilet which is only 3 steps away frm me. Imagine the boredom. I felt tat i was crippled or something. And i had all the morning symptoms..vomitting etc..plus i nid to go to my gynae every week for injections to stable my baby for the first 4 mths. It was a unforgettable exp. But nw im perfectly alrite. I didnt haf any morning sickness and i can go anywea i wan. :Dancing_tongue:
Once u see e happy faces on ur kids, u will noe tat everything is worthwhile. So i would encourage u to go for a 2nd child...