After 1st bb, any1 care to go for #2?

Porukadotzu

i always wanted to have alot of children, seems so fun in a crowded house. i don't like quiet house.

but reality check, really difficult to raise alot of kids in singapore... so i tink we will stop at number 2.

currently i suspect i'm preg with no#2.... this saturday will confirm tho!! hehe

but hubby say if no#2 still not getting a boy then die die hv to make #3... :eek:

Queenbabe

i always wanted to have alot of children, seems so fun in a crowded house. i don't like quiet house.

but reality check, really difficult to raise alot of kids in singapore... so i tink we will stop at number 2.

currently i suspect i'm preg with no#2.... this saturday will confirm tho!! hehe

but hubby say if no#2 still not getting a boy then die die hv to make #3... :eek:
Hahaha , this type of thing how to gamble ? Can he confirm if no.2 is ger no.3 will be a boy ? I got one auntie keep wanted to hv boy alr hv 3 ger then try for no.4 .. Too bad she cant get what she want end up baby become abnormal(coz of her age) maybe also becoz baby come out when she was 6months ..
I know most of the guys same mind set die die want a boy lo .. Hope u dun mind me saying this :)

CanCanMum

so Poru~babe...

if confirmed strike den hor if Sunday u need to rest den join us after u deliver lo~dun tire yourself out......

autumn82

Darling... Is SUNDAY not SATurday hor... Dun go wrong day wor!! :tlaugh:
How come still suspecting? Check again?

Porukadotzu

Hahaha , this type of thing how to gamble ? Can he confirm if no.2 is ger no.3 will be a boy ? I got one auntie keep wanted to hv boy alr hv 3 ger then try for no.4 .. Too bad she cant get what she want end up baby become abnormal(coz of her age) maybe also becoz baby come out when she was 6months ..
I know most of the guys same mind set die die want a boy lo .. Hope u dun mind me saying this :)
yea, this is what i say to him too, how to confirm these things.. but anyway, if still girl then max is 3 children TOPS! haha

wow! feel bad for your auntie! ya, if age is not convenience better stop trying loh....

well its chinese family mind set like that one... also my dh is the eldest in the family (tho i told him he hv a little brother anyway so why feel pressurised rite?) but ..well...

for me i love to have all girls club.. i just like baby girls..sisters... hehe and girls can be tough and reliable too!
in my family i hv 1 big bro and 1 lil sis, then my big bro passed away years ago, so left me and my sis who take care everything even when the time my dad was really sick and can't move, we're the one who running here and there all night. so, daughters can be as tough as sons too..

it's just that after married, they do feel like the loose the daughter thou... this is y..

Porukadotzu

so Poru~babe...

if confirmed strike den hor if Sunday u need to rest den join us after u deliver lo~dun tire yourself out......

haha... ok CanCanMum... we'll see what doc say on saturday..

but i do feel very very lousy these days... not like my 1st time pregnancy was smooth sailing.. no morning sickness or afternoon sickness, appetite ok, anything fine... but now i feel over tired but then i tink its coz taking care my girl here

Porukadotzu

Darling... Is SUNDAY not SATurday hor... Dun go wrong day wor!! :tlaugh:
How come still suspecting? Check again?
haahaa... ya, Saturday alot of things to do- go get passport in the morning then go gynae, Sunday then go gathering- but need to wait my girl to wake up first coz her nap time is 10am to 12pm :001_302:.. i already report to Madam CanCanMum SIR!:we3policeman:

n ya, i stil haven't buy any testpack after tat... i tot why waste the money later also going to c doc to make sure there hehe...

Last edited:

autumn82

haahaa... ya, Saturday alot of things to do- go get passport in the morning then go gynae, Sunday then go gathering- but need to wait my girl to wake up first coz her nap time is 10am to 12pm :001_302:.. i already report to Madam CanCanMum SIR!:we3policeman:

n ya, i stil haven't buy any testpack after tat... i tot why waste the money later also going to c doc to make sure there hehe...
Heh. I tot u tot is Sat outing.. Heh. Yup, BF darling told me liao.. Heh.

Now must be excited hor.. :tlaugh:Tt time when I suspect preggie wif DS, my period 1 day late only, next day I go get the kit and test liao~ So happy~ But preggie confirm liao, worry again. Wonder gal or boy! Just like u, MIL tt side say gal or boy never mind, but behind another story lor.. Stress all the way until went for detailed scan... Then confirm gender liao... Again worry if got make mistake or not! Coz I dreamt come out is GAL! :tlaugh:All the way until OT room , doc announced BOY.. Then I phew. :001_302::001_302::001_302: Coz 4 in a family is sufficient for me oredi. :001_302:

Porukadotzu

Heh. I tot u tot is Sat outing.. Heh. Yup, BF darling told me liao.. Heh.

Now must be excited hor.. :tlaugh:Tt time when I suspect preggie wif DS, my period 1 day late only, next day I go get the kit and test liao~ So happy~ But preggie confirm liao, worry again. Wonder gal or boy! Just like u, MIL tt side say gal or boy never mind, but behind another story lor.. Stress all the way until went for detailed scan... Then confirm gender liao... Again worry if got make mistake or not! Coz I dreamt come out is GAL! :tlaugh:All the way until OT room , doc announced BOY.. Then I phew. :001_302::001_302::001_302: Coz 4 in a family is sufficient for me oredi. :001_302:

haha, ya, same like my situation too, inlaws seems ok with any gender they love my girl like precious! but seems tat dh ego want to hv boy boy soon... so now he's been all the way saying to my girl "heyy you're going to have a brother soon!"... i was like.. :bbconfused:*hmmph*

Queenbabe

yea, this is what i say to him too, how to confirm these things.. but anyway, if still girl then max is 3 children TOPS! haha

wow! feel bad for your auntie! ya, if age is not convenience better stop trying loh....

well its chinese family mind set like that one... also my dh is the eldest in the family (tho i told him he hv a little brother anyway so why feel pressurised rite?) but ..well...

for me i love to have all girls club.. i just like baby girls..sisters... hehe and girls can be tough and reliable too!
in my family i hv 1 big bro and 1 lil sis, then my big bro passed away years ago, so left me and my sis who take care everything even when the time my dad was really sick and can't move, we're the one who running here and there all night. so, daughters can be as tough as sons too..

it's just that after married, they do feel like the loose the daughter thou... this is y..
Me too i like baby girl alot too .. More close to & more nice clothes hehe .. but now u r pregnant is it or alr preg & know the gender ? If it is a baby boy then good no need to try for 3rd time becoz so tiring being pregnant & also must take care 3 kids :tlaugh:

By the way sorry to ask u what happen to ur brother ? U mind telling me ?

I wonder if I should have a 2nd child. but the cost of living is a put off.
Normal childcare cost at least $300. excluding food and all
For infant the care at nanny is at least $500 excluding food

If you send the child to an infant care centre it costs more.
The bb bonus is not useful at all.

Basically I think an average baby will require $500 for childcare alone.IF you are a SAHM mum its cheaper but at the cost of your own salary and CPF.

When baby grows up and goes to sch... u have to consider education from pri sch to poly/uni

Haiz :(

michellechin

I wonder if I should have a 2nd child. but the cost of living is a put off.
Normal childcare cost at least $300. excluding food and all
For infant the care at nanny is at least $500 excluding food

If you send the child to an infant care centre it costs more.
The bb bonus is not useful at all.

Basically I think an average baby will require $500 for childcare alone.IF you are a SAHM mum its cheaper but at the cost of your own salary and CPF.

When baby grows up and goes to sch... u have to consider education from pri sch to poly/uni

Haiz :(
I've been thinking of all the above for 3 years! Scared to think further coz all involves not only $$$$ BUT requires more of my energy and attention. I've just delievered my 2nd and hell, it's damn painful (c-sect)! Overall, it's worth the pain. As for the kids' future, be it 1 child or more, it requires $$$, energy, commitment, etc, etc....it all depends on how u plan, spend and save for the kids. I totally agree with u that the bonus dun help coz it's short term. Everything is increasing despite the current situation but pls dun let these deter you from having more children. My husband and I dun earn much but after 3 yrs of getting over with pregnancy and delivery phobia and also, starting all over again (nite feed, etc), I still decided to give my elder girl a companion. Pity her being alone. $$$ you can earn to pay for all expenses....it's the commitment and attention that requires more effort.

Thanks michelle. That is very encouraging.
I guess sometimes when it comes to having to plan,there can be no best laid plan. For me it is also because I would be getting my own flat in 4 yrs time so i am trying to save as much as i can for the house.

Coz my dd is "accident" :001_302: but we love her so much.I also heard that when you plan to have a child, you may not always be so lucky too, especially with the age factor...

Btw for mummies living with dh in your own flat, care to share how you manage everything?

lisa_ng

ai yo i'm still having phobia to give birth again.
labour pain coz i never take epidural.
recovery after birth
taking care of the baby as i'm sahm
and also financially, oni hubby work, we have our own flat and a car, now still consider comfortable can buy anything for my girl. but if my girl start to attend playgroup i guess got to cut down on spending le.
if one more kid, i suppose we will have to thrift a lot.

but har i do feel like i'm so selfish for this thought.
i see my girl need companion. she will go join other kids to play when she sees any kids around or play with our neighbour.
i'm still considering an other child, but not now for sure.
still not mentally prepared yet.

CanCanMum

actually i would not mind to have number 2

but these are the things tat hold me back:

1) No one to take care as my Mum + Dad not good health....maids and childcare not my option...zzzzz

2) Have to go through sleepless nights and baby cries againz

3) Financial commitments = but this one can be worked out la, only item 1) is a headache.

I am not afraid of labour pains, in fact I enjoyed my confinement (being served like a princess lor lols)....just after the baby pops out, no one to look after....anyone here considering to be a FT nanny? lols......

Jan

Hahahaa... I also have phonbia

All along I just wanted one, I always think one is more than enough. However, my hubby has been requesting to have another one. He thinks that it will be better for our son to have a sibling.

But my 1st pregnancy had left me with a big phobia which i am still overcoming it. I nearly miscarriage when i was at my 5th week, so got to work from home for the 1st trimester. Plus got to go for injection every week until 12th week. Then got to take so many medicines... Plus I got "EVENING" sickness and my smell senses became so good that whoever cook, i will start feeling very sick. And if any of my neighbour mop floor, I also can smell the detergent. Then came to my dramatic delivery... So I told my hubby, gives me 2 more years to forget this and let me enjoy whatever joy my son can gives me...

jaclyn13

i hve tot of wanting a 2nd bb BUT...

1) becos my ds is super hyperactive!!! n gan chiong boy. cant sit still since after 1mth olds, n wan things to be fast fast serve to him.
wan ppl carry, even lie down onli 10mins. :tsad:
2) no1 take care of him cos my mil oreadi old, cant help me look after. my mum cant be bother as when i was bb, i was look after by my grandma. my grandma help me look after my ds 4-5hrs frm tue-sat. at least i can take a rest abit.
3) $$ as currently i not wrking n onli my husb wrking plus we dun ve a own flat, wanting to hve a own flat but nd to save $$ to buy flat. no saving.

top 3 r my main concern...

regarding, the pregant process, the delivery(even though i hve a emergency c-section), confinement periods, i'm fine wif it.

stonston

I'm trying for #2 now. #1 already 2yrs 4mths old.

waited so long cos my boy very notty!! argh! hyperactive n stubborn.
but now i got a good maid who is gonna extend her contract another 2 yrs, and income though not alot but sustainable for expenses when new baby comes along.
plus we've finally moved into our own house (previously staying at rented plc).

labour pain? forgot liao!
difficult pregnancy? forgot liao!

anyway i tink i had easy time during pregnancy n delivery, tt's y cant rmb much!