antenatal classes

Excited hubby

Alpha Male
My wife and I are attending the antenatal classes in TMC now. Every Sat 2pm - 4pm. So far we attended 2 lesson, we found it very informative. Alot of teaching is different from what our parents used to do.

The course is ~ $240 for 5 lesson and 1 free doctor talk.

eurostar

I just signed up for the class today at Thomson medical centre. I'm going to the one at AMK Hub on Thurs this month. I chose this day as it's taught by Mrs Wong as she is mentioned many times in this forum and other forums I read. I liked the curriculum too, as compared to KK. I didn't compare with the rest though. The only drawback is that it is very expensive. I'm choosing Thomson Medical Center for my birth and after discount and gst, the total is around $203. But I guess it's value for money. I'll see when class starts.
I have signed up for sep class at TMC
Maybe u just n time to be my classmate :001_302:

eurostar

My wife and I are attending the antenatal classes in Thomson Medical Center now. Every Sat 2pm - 4pm. So far we attended 2 lesson, we found it very informative. Alot of teaching is different from what our parents used to do.

The course is ~ $240 for 5 lesson and 1 free doctor talk.
I too signed up TMC class
heard they use real baby iszit?

Edwinie

I have signed up for sep class at Thomson Medical Center
Maybe you just n time to be my classmate :001_302:
Mine is in July. I've attended 2 classes already. Mrs Wong is really funny! And she is very willing to answer all questions after class. Her classes ends at 9.30pm.
One thing I didn't like is that the class is crowded... There's 2 classes of hers on weekdays, one on Tues and the other on Thurs. I booked the Thurs class. But many couples can't make it on Tues go for the Thurs class as replacement, making the class really crowded. Not ParentCraft fault but I think for those who book on Tues, if they are lazy/tired to make it, they have a chance to attend on Thurs. I think that's the mindset.. Cannot be more than 10 couples can't make it for genuine reasons right? =S Other than this, the class is very informative. =)

eurostar

Mine is in July. I've attended 2 classes already. Mrs Wong is really funny! And she is very willing to answer all questions after class. Her classes ends at 9.30pm.
One thing I didn't like is that the class is crowded... There's 2 classes of hers on weekdays, one on Tues and the other on Thurs. I booked the Thurs class. But many couples can't make it on Tues go for the Thurs class as replacement, making the class really crowded. Not ParentCraft fault but I think for those who book on Tues, if they are lazy/tired to make it, they have a chance to attend on Thurs. I think that's the mindset.. Cannot be more than 10 couples can't make it for genuine reasons right? =S Other than this, the class is very informative. =)
mine is sat class, guess will be like market :shyxxx:

eowyn

Hi all, so i guess we have to source for antenatal classes ourselves? I was actually expecting my gynea to make recommendations. I'm already 22 weeks pregnant, is it like too late to book classes liao? Since everyone seems to be signing up early?

^me too i haven't booked for any classes yet but i think it's not yet too late for us. might sign up for KK's antenatal classes. schedule is on their website :)

eowyn

^me too i have not't booked for any classes yet but i think it's not yet too late for us. might sign up for KK's antenatal classes. schedule is on their website :)
Me thinking of giving birth at mt alvernia so will like to attend their parent craft sessions, but the timings quite limited. Hmm.....

evie

hi mummies to be

I have signed up for the dec antenatal class at Mt A...:001_302:
Anyone of you attending ?

i'm curious on mt. a's child care thingie on november 20. might drag hubby to this since we're still deciding where should i give birth and this includes hospital tour.

i'm surprised with the price difference of the antenatal classes of KK, raffles & Mt. A. The antenatal classes at Raffles looks interesting! I think it also has some classes on how to stay fit during pregnancy, which I like :D

evie

Hi ewoyn
after I signed up, I was given the dates to attend the various sessions.
From what I heard the earlier classes are already full.
I am attending the weekend classes that will commence in dec.:001_302:

eowyn

Hi ewoyn
after I signed up, I was given the dates to attend the various sessions.
From what I heard the earlier classes are already full.
I am attending the weekend classes that will commence in dec.:001_302:
I c..... Hmm... my hubby is an estate agent so normally not free during the weekends. Think will call the hospital and ask, see what are the other classes available. Thanks!

hi mummies to be

I have signed up for the dec antenatal class at Mt A...:001_302:
Anyone of you attending ?
how much is the weekend antenatal class at Mt. A? I'm looking for a weekend class since hubby's work is until 7-8pm

Attended the "Joy of Childbirth in Caring Hands" this morning at Mt. A. For $5 registration fee, it was ALL WORTH IT :D The talk is like a shortened version of what to expect during pregnancy, labour, breastfeeding etc. it already includes buffet lunch & a goodie bag with sample of anmum materna, mittens & washcloth for baby, vouchers from Spring, mineral water. I'd say I learned a lot from the breastfeeding discussion. As a first time mom without any relatives in this country, the talk is indeed a winner. For the food, they served soft shell crab, shrimps, stir fried kailan leaves, chicken mushroom & their tonic soup which they're saying the hospital is quite famous for. The desserts are also yummy :p the talk ended with a hospital tour.

Wish they will have it more often to benefit first time moms like me :)

Last edited:

i1babes

hi , im 16 week , intend to give birth at thomson , can i attend antenatal class at mt A too , how to register ?? any weekday classes
tnx cos my friend told me antenatal classes normally 100 over , how come urs so cheap ?