Any malay/muslim mummies ard???

Sweetoothz

Morning ladies.. I'm reaching my 39weeks in 2 days time.. Still no sign of labour.. Only occasional BH a few times a day.. Smua kat rumah dah start anxious.. Bile see my number on the phone jek, bukan main Cepat and the call.. Coz I'm home alone weekdays! Kekeke..
Just wondering kalau baby dah hit 40weeks masih lum kluar.. Boleh Tunggu lagik ke nak gi induce? Anyone has any experience?? Me 1st time mummy. Thanks!
Wah...!!! Anytime now.. Best lah..
From wat I know, they will wait till 41 weeks Baru they induce. Bt then again takot bb swallow his own waste. N that's dangerous. So I guess follow ur dr's instruction is the best... Praying for ur smooth delivery.. =))

nyati22

Wondershine: U have a gynae appt later? That's great! Do update us on the outcome kays! Hope you will have a smooth delivery!
Sweetoothz: I'm gonna see my gynae tml and will ask him if I should wait or induce.. Dah start ML.. Cam sayang dear baby tak kluar2.. Hehehhe.. Tak sabar ni!!! :)

Hi,
My edd is on 13 May!! A day b4 urs.. Hehehe..
Sama lah Kita. Can't sleep properly now n is aching everywhere! Where will u be delivering?
Mine kkh wif dr kt tan. Hw abt u? Im aching all over too. Finally im done wif packing the hospital bag and the toddlers' bags -coz wil need to send them over to my mum's plc wen im in labour.

Wondershine: U have a gynae appt later? That's great! Do update us on the outcome kays! Hope you will have a smooth delivery!
Sweetoothz: I'm gonna see my gynae tml and will ask him if I should wait or induce.. Dah start ML.. Cam sayang dear baby tak kluar2.. Hehehhe.. Tak sabar ni!!! :)
So excited for u! Do check wif ur gynae n let us knw wat's the decision :)

diza

Salam ladies,

Seems that a few of u are just waiting to pop! Congratulations in advance and I'll pray that you mums have a smooth delivery... Anyway, I want to know when did u mummies start buying baby pdts. I feel like doing things in advance knowing how busy and demanding my work can be but I don't have enough space in my room. ~_~" And I want to know did any of u mummies communicate with ur babies thru handsigns? I've seen reviews abt and it seems fascinating.

mosqeetoh

Salam ladies i popped on Friday the 13th! ! Shall share more another time.
Meanwhile wishing all mummies all the very best!

nyati22

Congrats mommy Mosqeetoh!!!! Do share ur experience with us here pls. :) wat signs did u get? How long was ur labour? Are u breastfeeding exclusively?

nyati22

Hi diza! I started buying stuff for the BB since 7months.. Itu pun cam lost sikit coz unsure wat to get.. Up till now, I still have not bought any big ticket items like breast pump/stroller..
Not sure how/wat other mummies buy in welcoming their baby.. But I stick with the bare minimum.. Sayang spend banyak2 baby nanti tak pakai.. Guess I will wait till later and see baby's attitude to decide if other things are necessary.. Btw, there is a baby expo coming up end month! 27-29 April! U might wanna have a look see! :)

Salam ladies,

Seems that a few of u are just waiting to pop! Congratulations in advance and I'll pray that you mums have a smooth delivery... Anyway, I want to know when did u mummies start buying baby pdts. I feel like doing things in advance knowing how busy and demanding my work can be but I don't have enough space in my room. ~_~" And I want to know did any of u mummies communicate with ur babies thru handsigns? I've seen reviews abt and it seems fascinating.
For my 1st one, i didnt buy anything in advance coz my mum pantang. Say cannot buy any baby stuff till the baby is out so wat i did was point the things out to hubby and he got the things inmediately after i delivered. But it was so troublesome coz hubby was out buying stuff wen i needed him most at home. So subsequent pregnancies, i juz buy the stuff in advance n stock up. So far ive bought rompers, bottle warmer, towels, nursing pad, cotton balls n some other stuff. But i only started buying at ard 32wks

nyati22

Hi mommies! Just came back from gynae visit. So far Alhamdullilah.. Baby is good and I've lost 500gm - mostly from water retention. I could induce but gynae said better wait for 40weeks.. So me and hubby thinking of induce on 1st May kalau baby masih tak kluar2.. :p
Question- any mommy got experience giving birth on a public hols? Ada extra charges eh??

Wondershine: you have a gynae appt later? That's great! Do update us on the outcome kays! Hope you will have a smooth delivery!

my gynae's appt went well. i'm going to be induced next weds at 6pm if baby still doesn't wanna come out by then. i'm still praying for a normal delivery. you want to be induced? but why? even though i'm overdue i still wish for a normal delivery because induction can come with complications which i hope will not happen to me. i'm having so much pelvic pressure and pains and aches that its still unbelievable i'm not dilated yet, and still i do not wish to be induced. but my gynae say i can't drag this pregnancy any longer than next week.

she did say that induced deliveries can be more painful because your body isn't given time to cope with the contractions. with normal delivery your contractions build up gradually whereas when you are induced your contractions can come suddenly and therefore cos more mothers to opt for painkillers. i hope to do natural birth w/o epi, so i hope i will go into labor b4 i have to be induced.

nyati22

Hi Wondershine, actually I have no idea that induced pregnancy would/could lead to complications.. I have a Fren who went over 40weeks for all her 3kids and she was induced. She gave birth to healthy babies naturally without epidural. :)
And from wat I know, can't keep the baby for too long after 40weeks as they might feed on their own poo!
So, for now.. I'm just waiting for my 40weeks to come.. Hopefully tak payah induce, can experience everything naturally! Hehehe.
Insyaallah.. Everything will be good with urs too!

themissus

Salam everyone!

Been such a long while since I posted here, the last was 28th Feb on my 37th week appt, which turned out to be the deciding appointment. Haha! I was to be induced that midnight, but since Ai didn't want a leap year baby, I chose to be induced and deliver on 1 march instead. So Alhamdulillah, I'm now a first time mom to a 6wk baby girl :)

​wondershine & nyati22:​ I was induced coz my baby was already 3.6kg at 37wks, but given a choice & normal circumstances, I'd prefer not to. I had to undergo emergency c-sect coz I wasn't dilated enough after 16hrs (only 4cm), and since I didn't take any epidural, my dilation didn't get better. Best of luck to you ladies! InsyaAllah everything will go smoothly :)

Btw nyati22, I got my button front nursing gowns from Metro, under the brand Carmy (not sure of spelling). Only $30+, and definitely a must if the hospital's not providing you with one. Hope that helps!

Bayu

hi mummies, ive safely given birth to a healthy baby boy on 18th april thru c-sect. mummy still recovering in kk. will share again later. to all da mummies here, take care ok.

Sweetoothz

Alhamdullilah... Congrats to those who has given birth. I can't wait for mine to pop!!! Hehehe
Pls do share ur birthing stories when u ladies have the time ya...

Themisus - induce at 37 weeks? My bb was already at 3kg on my 36 weeks n so hubs ckp to stop eating the supplements for a week n see how first.

Hi Wondershine, actually I have no idea that induced pregnancy would/could lead to complications.. I have a Fren who went over 40weeks for all her 3kids and she was induced. She gave birth to healthy babies naturally without epidural. :)
And from wat I know, can't keep the baby for too long after 40weeks as they might feed on their own poo!
So, for now.. I'm just waiting for my 40weeks to come.. Hopefully tak payah induce, can experience everything naturally! Hehehe.
Insyaallah.. Everything will be good with urs too!
usually gynae will only induce you if you go beyond 41 wks. i hope to go into labor really soon but i don't have this "feel" it'll happen before my appointment to be induced lah. sigh. hope your labor will go well too. full-term babies thrive much better, insyaAllah so have patience. i know its truly diff to be totting around with a larger-than-life belly. i have been on leave since 36 wks because of very bad pelvic pressure. sometimes i can't even stand up properly cos its just too painful!!

I gave birth at 34 weeks via C-sec due to water bag burst. My doctor tried to induce me so that I could give birth naturally but my cervix didn't open & my baby's head haven't come down to the birth canal. So got no choice must go for C-sec for our safety. My baby weight was only 2.4kg but now he's almost 9kg at 7 months..

Fadeela

Hi Ladies,

Happy to see some have went thru the labour & finnaly meet yr baby. Congrats to all... Cant wait for mine.
Anyway, haha the last post was im going for my GTT test and guess wat on the day they does the test i actually fainted in the clinic and my test was postpone to end of this week.
Hopefully this time round everything goes well.

Anyway, mummies yang dah give birth pls share yr stories here.... if free

mosqeetoh

its been a busy time for me ladies, caring for a newborn! Hope all of u are doing well and will continue to have a smooth journey till u pop :D

So I popped on 13th Apr, my edd was 17th Apr.

11th Apr - went for my check-up, dilated 2.5cm. Dr suzannah said she touched the baby's head, kinda high so must walk and do squats to bring it down for an easy labor. She explained that touching the baby's head will bring on natural labor and hence make things easy for me since I was having this pregnancy after 11 yrs gap from my first. I was spotting after the check-up. Which is supposed to be normal after a VE so didnt think much of it.

12th Apr - Still spotting, but in actual fact I lost the mucus plug! ANd went on to leak amniotic fluid but I thought it was just pink colored spotting. Started feeling mild contractions tdy.

AFternoon went shopping with my elder son, while having contractions lolz. By evening they were half hr apart but decided to sleep and have a gd rest. I was worried they will induce me and i'll end up having a longgggg labor!

13th apr - contractions 5 mins apart, told hubby lets get down to kkh after my son left for school in the morning. By the time they settled me in labor ward I was already 4cm dilated!! Was put on antibiotics drip cuz i was leaking for more than 24 hrs. Contractions got nearer and got the epidural cuz I was having problems breathing when the contractions came. ANd I thought I wanted to be a heroine with my 2nd child and go without painkillers!

SInce it was friday sent the hub off for friday prayers cuz didn't know how long the baby will take to come out.... and guess what, by the time hubby came back, baby was already on my chest! It was a smooth delivery, alhamdulillah. 2 pushes to get baby out and dr said just a small natural tear which needed 2-3 stitches. Total abt 5 hrs in labor. Dr suzannah was grt and so were the nurse and midwife. A much more pleasant experience compared to my first child. I guess kkh has brushed up on their service lolz.

Hang on there ladies, all the worries and pain are worth it once u see ur child! it's been an emotional experience for me to have another child after 11 yrs. I'm so grateful to the Almighty for the rezeki mashaAllah.

Now that I'm in confinement, there are other challenges to face! Soreness, constipation, engorged breast, rashes after the massage (i hav sensitive skin), tiredness, lack of sleep and rest etc etc etc lolz. Not able to do bengkung cuz of rashes on tummy.
Totally unable to squeeze milk out, there seem to be no holes on my nipples!!! Now milk is drying out :( both my kids didnt get my milk cuz of this problem.

anyways, I'm feeling better now that on the road to recovery. 10 days now. InshaAllah, u awesome ladies will have a safe delivery and wishing all of u gd health!