Any malay/muslim mummies ard???

nazura

Hi Mommies,

Sorry if in any way, I have intrude this thread.

Me, First Time Daddy, Malay. Thought of seeking your advices, pointers or point me to the right direction.

My wife have been so fatique eversince we found out about the pregnancy. She is in her 7 weeks. Doing research and reading up have been tasked to me by my wife. I have been overloaded with so much info until I cannot decide which gynae to consult.

I have a handful of gynaes which I have noted. They do deliveries or practises at Thomson Medical Centre and Mount Alvernia Hospital. Some have their own clinics while some don't.

Is there any mommies here who delivered or delivering or consulting any gynaes practises at the hospitals mentioned ?

Thanks for your help, time and kind understanding.

Nazrin
FTD
"trying to act No Tensions in front of wife."

qristeele

Hi Mommies,

Sorry if in any way, I have intrude this thread.

Me, First Time Daddy, Malay. Thought of seeking your advices, pointers or point me to the right direction.

My wife have been so fatique eversince we found out about the pregnancy. She is in her 7 weeks. Doing research and reading up have been tasked to me by my wife. I have been overloaded with so much info until I cannot decide which gynae to consult.

I have a handful of gynaes which I have noted. They do deliveries or practises at Thomson Medical Centre and Mount Alvernia Hospital. Some have their own clinics while some dont't.

Is there any mommies here who delivered or delivering or consulting any gynaes practises at the hospitals mentioned ?

Thanks for your help, time and kind understanding.

Nazrin
FTD
"trying to act No Tensions in front of wife."
Hi Nazrin,

I am seeing Dr Lawrence Ang from Thomson's Women Clinic at Sembawang. He does deliveries at TMC. What specific info do you need to know?

nazura

gristeele>>> Specific info?? Sorry Sis. In the first place, I do not even know what to look out for. :)

So far, I did some reading up, most concerns voiced were doctors' tempers (which I want to avoid for my wife) , stitching (good means less bleeding and faster recovery) and avoid KKH (based on what I have read so far)...So maybe these could be my specifics ? Seriously, I have no idea sis. I asked my wife, she is not bothered. All she wants is to see a gynae fast. Understandable, first time mommy. Very anxious. Very tired. Seriously, it is amazing to see my wife condition juz change just like that. From energetic to lethargic and fatique.

So, I jumped the gun. Set an appointment with Dr Wong Mun Tat at Bukit Gombak. Just to get things going. Maybe, for our 2nd appointment, we have more time to read more reviews. I believe we only confirm our gynae at Week 20, right?

Thought of going to Dr Abdul Aziz but his clinic is at Kembangan. I dun think it is practical for us to travel from Jurong to Kembangan for regular appointments.

Any form of pointers or advices, I am truly appreciate.

Maybe, once my wife is in her 2nd trimester, I guess that her energy will be back, she will spend more time in this forum as I found this forum to be very very informative.

Qira

Salam everybody! How's everyone doing? Hope all are Doing well.. Newbie to the forum world..

Anyways, I'm a FTWM to a baby boy and staying sengkang, anyone here staying In the same area?

diza

nazura... congrats on being a first time daddy... just remember that no matter how tired you are, do fulfil her wishes.. if she got mood swings, just entertain her and make her happy all the time. however, do note that sometimes, she may find you "irritating".. just don't take it too heart.

for me, like you, i didn't know which gynae to choose.. u can ty asking ur relatives or friends who's their gynae. but ultimately, you need to ask ur wife does she have any preferences?? like she prefer male / female gynae and also which hospital she wants to deliver at.. Wic hospital is Dr Wong attached to? For Dr. Aziz, i know he's attached to East Shore. Dr Aziz is an experienced doctor but he is blunt and straightforward. If you don't mind such behaviours, you can try him lah. but since u say not practical because of distance then don't. once u have found a suitable gynae, he or she will be ur wife's gynae. you do not need to wait for Week 20 to confirm him/her. Unless ur taking subsidised rates at KK, then u won't have a specific gynae.

isyantasya

Salam mummies,
I m in my 31 weeks of pregnancy and I m having heartburn and pelvic pain at my lower abdomen when I walk. The pain will be more painful during at night when I want to move about an change position during sleep. I did went to check with my gynae, they mentioned it is normal. They did a cervix exam and my cervix still haven't open.. Is there any ways that I can do to

A) reduce the pelvic pain?
B) to reduce the heartburn feeling?
I just feel like crying and feel like I m not strong enough to go thru this for my baby.

mosqeetoh

congratz mummy isyantasya! Every mummy is strong enough to go thru the pregnancy process and labor! so pls do not think negatively.

Last trimester has it's own challenges, which is what ur going thru. Pelvic pain is normal, try stacking pillows arnd ur legs, back etc. slowly try to find a comfortable position to sleep in, though it's never gonna be comfortable till u give birth!

as for heartburn, have smaller frequent meals. it helped me a lot! drink milk at night instead of having a heavy dinner. the idea is to avoid overloading the tummy at one go! the tummy is already under pressure from growing baby in the womb as it is! :D

u have 9 weeks or so to go, be patient and focus on the happier stuff like preparation for the arrival of ur baby. Get excited and u'll forget the pains lolz.

Hi isyantasya. Congrats on ur pregnancy :)

Pelvic pain is unfortunately, common in pregnancies esp the last trimester as ur body prepares itself for delivery.

If u r experiencing heartburn at nite, u mught wan to elevate ur upper body a little by placing pillows.

Insyallah u r strong. Keep praying for Allah to give u the strength.

isyantasya

Hi mosqeetah and rambling mummy! Thank you for the advise.. Its true that every pregnancy stages will have different challenges.. Insya allah will be more positice as the days goes by.. Just to check drinking milk at night is it warm milk or cold one?

Any mummieS went f0r CTG teSt b4?? What iS the teSt actually? C0z im n0t Sure aS im a 1St tyme mum... care t0 Share??:)
The ctg monitors the baby's heartbeat n contractions. It takes abt 20-30mins. They will strap something to ur tummy which is connected to a machine. It is painless but it does get uncomfortable as u r not allowed to move. So i used my hp to surf the net since they dun allow me to play games (maybe they think i might get too excited n carried away.. Lol).

Anyway, when i did mine, bby's heartbeat was normal n they detected tht i was hving irregular contractions. Gynae told me to prepare since i was dilated n hving contractions. I gave birth the next day... Hehe

diza

Salam ladies,

My purpose of posting this post is not to scare any of you.. But do monitor your baby movements... A friend of mine was about 27 weeks plus pregnant when she found out the baby had no heartbeat. The day before, she felt some movements and the next day when she went for her regular check-up, gynae said there's no more heartbeat. The baby had passed away... Baby's death was due to cord accident. It was twisted badly such that it cuts off the blood supply... Cord accident is not the mother's fault but it can happen to any woman and there's no way we can prevent it. So just monitor baby's movement...

nyati22

Hi ladies! My baby girl had her BCG on her left butt on 2nd May.. Just a while ago when I was changing her diapers, I noticed that it had peeled and there a dot-sized blood showing.. Is this normal? She was crying so loudly!!! I put a lil minyak gamat.. Gonna bathe her later and wondering if it's ok to put plaster on it? Any advise??

Hi mummieS,
Care t0 rec0mmend jamu Set berSalin yg baguS? AS my maSSage lady yg i engage didnt pr0vide me wif that.. i g0tta get my 0wn... :D thankS...

mosqeetoh

Hi ladies! My baby girl had her BCG on her left butt on 2nd May.. Just a while ago when I was changing her diapers, I noticed that it had peeled and there a dot-sized blood showing.. Is this normal? She was crying so loudly!!! I put a lil minyak gamat.. Gonna bathe her later and wondering if it's ok to put plaster on it? Any advise??
late reply hehe but i wudnt put plaster on it. its best to air it and allow it to dry.

mosqeetoh

Hi mummieS,
Care t0 rec0mmend jamu Set berSalin yg baguS? AS my maSSage lady yg i engage didnt pr0vide me wif that.. i g0tta get my 0wn... :D thankS...
i bought Air mancur brand, the whole set comes in a metal box. my massage lady said it's one of the better brand so i guess i'd recommend it :D

Fadeela

Hi Ladies,

Have been away for quite sometime. My pregnancy is going well at 33 weeks.
I skipped my gynae check this week as my father in law have passed away. really sad he is not able to see his grandson.... Allah loves him more.

Anyway whenever my baby moves nowadays i feel pain & sometime its seems like something coming out of my vagina. Anyone have such experience?