Any teacher mummies or mummies to be?

I think u need to apply for npl in nov if u wish to take next yr. I asked my admin n tats why they told me. Dunno is it a requirement fr moe or my sch but anyway, check the deadline for application of npl. I understand tat u can only take 6 mth or 1 yr npl. Whether to extend or cut short. Got to go back to Sch admin first. I hv a Fren who took 2 yr npl to go uk study then she just quitted without coming back to serve notice. So u can try taking npl but then during npl, by rt u r not supposed to b employed So best is to find a job which does not gv you cpf during this time.

actually what r your plans? to find another job immediately or spend some time with baby first? I think best you call MOE HR to clarify. I heard they are very helpful these days.

At first we din hv a nursing room. Just a small corner at the counseling room which is dusty n cramped. Then my Fren m I made suggestion got s room. Then the sch built partition to make a small nursing room for us as we really hv a few nursing mothers. So I would say is really good tat we have tat.

felicity

my sch just built a nursing room in a new staffroom around 3 years ago i think... spacious but partly used like a storeroom also. there's a mirror inside so when no one is nursing, teachers sometimes use it as changing room. and now i just heard from my colleague that there's also a new fridge for ebm! i haven't seen it though... already on maternity leave when it arrived. my colleague updated me told me just in time for me to use... haha...

msck

So good leh. My school is old n small. We have 4 container classrooms cos run out of spaces. Haha.. Sigh. I m the only pregnant mom this year. No kakis to ask for nursing room...

Felicity ur sch is shiok leh!!! I think my sch fridge is very smelly. Dunno.how sia!!!

msck, tho my sch also gives us a fridge for our ebm, i still buy a mini fridge for my own use. you can buy those mini fridge which can put 4-6 canned drinks. i tested before. the temp is ard 4deg c which is same as our fridge. so is not that bad. the only thing is no freezer compartment to freeze your ice pack. so it may not last for long when you transport your ebm home. but i think you stay near your workplace, so should b ok.

alternatively, after you pump out, put in a ziplock bag and put in your sch fridge. at least not that bad. I did that the other time too

msck

Yup. I think i will use ziplock bags. Currently i also put the bf in pigeon bag then put inside a big ziglock bag or a big airtight container.

Going sch for staff meeting next week. Wont be able to latch bb. Hope the meeting dun be too long. Lazy to bring pump to school...

felicity

Ya i appreciate that my sch has nursing room n now also a fridge for ebm... My sch has a few nursing mums n this year 5 of us gave birth or giving birth...

Anyway any mummies on maternity leave also need to go back school for end of year work review?

diza

Wah! So many teachers here.. :) anyway, I always complain Abt the job but I love to teach.. Hate the admin n projects! Havent consider quitting or changing sch but I'm quite worried if I'm not able to fully BF my son. I do have a nursing room but with the hectic timetable.. I doubt I will have time to pump. -_- My ML ending end of the year so at least I dont need to attend YE meetings and review. I guess just email my EPMS to my RO.

Any one of you tot of quitting n go Pte tuition? I hv been thinking abt it. But I worry I may lose touch of the syllabus. Also is not a stable income with no cpf, mc, leaves etc. worth it?

msck

My hubby is encouraging me to go tuition actually. Sigh..

Anyway, if we go overseas during ml, need to sign travel declaration form? I got to run errand in hk. So got to go there for a day...

msck

Rachelleling, tuition earns much more than teaching, minus the admin somemore... So it's very tempting.

felicity

Yes tuition is always a very tempting option because minus all the admins n extra duties... But I do love classroom teaching too...

RO sms me to go back for work review so hv to leave bb w mil again... Actually last week i left bb at home n went back for a couple of hrs on last day of sch to surprise my kids... In the end made me cry n cry... Still having my emo streak since childbirth n all those touching moments I just can't stop my tears from rolling ><

It's moments like that when u can feel that ur students love u so much n ur students can feel that u care n shows appreciation... Really makes teaching worthwhile...

msck

Ya... Agree. I got a student went into coma not long after i went for ml. Only got to know a week ago n immediately went to icu to visit him. Poor boy... Swollen n tubes everywhere. Coma 10 weeks alr. N i only visited him on the 9th week. Feel so bad.

I just found out that I will be in the afternoon session next yr! yeah! i've always wanted the noon session cos morn can spend some time with my kids.

My colleague wanted to take NPL but was rejected by my P. can like that ah? if P rejects, we cannot go on NPL?