Any teacher mummies or mummies to be?

felicity

Felicity, so u took npl, when u reporting to sch? Next year after june hol?
Yup :) only sian thing is cannot split ML... and now onwards hv to scrimp n save...

Oh dear rachelle, that's for childcare? Normally shouldn't reject wor unless P can give a really really valid reason or reason for npl not valid?

Actually now u reminded me, I hv colleague's childcare npl rejected by P also cos when she wanna take was too last min already deployment affected so need her to be around... Thus my colleagues all told me if intend to take better take earlier, n I took with ML... All approved. Quite a number of colleagues took npl after ml..

msck

Ur sch deployment all done so fast?? I always know my classes in the dec staff meeting. Lol.

N npl is no psy leave. Already not taking pay still need approval!? Rachelleling, ur p single or married? Tot singapore encouraging pro family...........

I just got to know my sch deployment yest. with the new P, everything is very advanced! she's single but rather dynamic. I like her cos she is not bothered by small things. For eg, with the old P, we need to explain to her personally why we need to take the unconditional CCL. (in the first place, is our entitlement!). with the new P, she din even want to see us. just ask us to submit online and write reason thr and she approve. also, she very flexible and got principle. hahah. i think cos our sch is really short of pple as many went on NPL, ML, Study leave and part time scheme. so she trying to persuade my fren to stay n not take NPL.

Actually, many pple take nPL after ML. but alas, my dear hubby said i cant! sigh

felicity

Rachelle ur P sounds good :) mine that colleague is last min take one lor.. Already deployment out everything planned then I think her ML end jan? Then she wanna take only after ML ended?

msck

Sigh... My ro told me when i want to pump milk next time, i got to use the printing room in the general office.... She did it few years back.

So dusty n small n dirty..... Very emo at the tot of it.

Msck, tat is like so sad..... Is there any corner in staff lounge tat mayb u can ask then to make a partition So u can pump? Our pumping rm is just a room partitioned out fr staff lounge.

msck

our staff lounge... some teachers use tt as counselling room... esp the more senior chers... haha

felicity

Oh dear that doesn't sound good :( can request to use other rooms like if no meeting use conference room or comp lab when no lesson going on, etc?

msck

sian. my sch is very very old school.. one of the oldest..and there is no conference room and meeting room too.. we use mini hall which is also used as classrooms...

*shake head* my ro also suggested home econ room. i have not stepped into the home econ room before. haha... hope it's not too 'OPEN'....

if too open, get a nursing cover and pump. no choice liao.

wan to ask you gals, have you gotten your CONNECT plan payout? I am due for it this yr. wonder when will the money come in. I am excited to get the money!!

diza

I'm getting mine this year too.. They said shud get 31 Dec. Very excited.. Plus bonus and connect plan.. $$$$ But a whole chunk is going to my car. Road tax, car insurance, personal insurance all due in Dec.

felicity

I'm mid career switch n still bonded.. Should be getting mine end next year :)

msck maybe the home econs prep room, if there is? Usually they hv a smaller prep room for trs to prepare things, like science labs, n is trs only... U can sit inside w a nursing apron in case colleague pop in? N usually home econs trs all ladies right?

I m mid career too! My bond ended mid last yr n this yr connect payout. I heard second connect plan is almost double of first payout but I dunno if can tahan till then!

felicity

Wooo so many mid career switch trs here!

Went back for work review n hv to redo epms. am expected to write as much as the rest for epms despite only in sch for less than a term... Struggling to recall things to write cos was just frantically working, setting papers, marking n handing over stuff all in a short time and time passed so fast it was all a blur... N bb pops... Sucked away all my brain juice lol can't rem anything ><

hahahahha. you are funny! but how come you only in sch for less than a term?

actually, for us rt, cos we are not in sch for more than 1 term, the heads can choose not to rank us and we will auto get the base grade. that's what my RO told me when i had my first child. She said she chose not to rank me and therefore i got a base grade. I suspect i will not be ranked again this yr cos i m away for 1 term also. so, i tried to siam having my lesson obs. no point mah. i managed to siam the obs!

by the waym you gals got lesson obs? we have to do twice a year! i thought once a yr is more than enough!

msck

Haha... I only need to do epms for tge first half of the year. Not sure abt the ranking part though.

My sch has 2 lesson obs also. But i am quite ok with it. My ro gives constructive feedback n it wasn't very stressful. I did my obs in term1 n 2.

Woohoo.. I think we should meet one day. Staying so near with same occupation. our kids can play together! ^_^

Haha we really do hv many things in common! Nx yr when sch reopens I will b in diff session as you all. Else can meet for tea! Lets see how we can arrange a meet up. Perhaps we can go for trial lessons at those gym classes like Gymboree or wat for our kiddos!