Baby Crying Non-stop..

limjacelyn

My one and half month baby crys non-stop for a least an hour everyday, is it normal? I tried all ways and means to coax her but she just wouldn't stop crying, any one has any solution for this?

She also sleeps for less than half an hour and wakes up crying in the day, I'm really lost....

Any experienced mum please share your experience...

January84

is it due to colic?

hmm you can refer to the threads cancanmum replied u and research internet, if not check with PD..

isabelandrew

im new mummy and also has this problem. sigh. Last time, was due to tummy wind. only when I bring to PD then know one. Lousy mummy right?
recently, worst. she fusses at night.
my experience is she wants to be carry to sleep but must carry the position she likes. so must trial and error and lots of crying before she stop and close her eyes.
very tiring one. esp i am the one waking up. almost never sleep every 24hrs.

LoVeS

im new mummy and also has this problem. sigh. Last time, was due to tummy wind. only when I bring to PD then know one. Lousy mummy right?
recently, worst. she fusses at night.
my experience is she wants to be carry to sleep but must carry the position she likes. so must trial and error and lots of crying before she stop and close her eyes.
very tiring one. esp i am the one waking up. almost never sleep every 24hrs.
Nope ur not a lousy mom coz everyone of us r learning frm time to time~ No1 is born to knw everything~ It bcoz we experience n learn thru it~

I went thru ur stage too~ Sumtimes can up to 48hrs dun get to slp ~ Be patient n such period will b over when ur bb gets older~

youngmami

Mummies don't feel lousy...

Babies are usually harder to take care during the 1st 3 months as they need time to adapt to the new environment after being so comfortable in our tummy for 9 months. My 7 month old gal was also the same during the 1st & 3nd month. Now she only fusses or cry when she is hungry & tired and is able to sleep through the night.

Be patient, give your baby a little more time. As they grow, things will get much better

smiley811

Yesh... when I first had my girl, I was lost too.

She kept crying non stop at night and my hubby and I dunno what to do. We took turns to take care of her... pek chek man...

we did everything we could - changed diapers, fed her, gave her pacifier, rubbed 'ru yi' oil but still she kept crying... so much so we had no choice but to rush her to KK.... (scare what happened ma)... in the end, the doc just said it's colic.

There's basically nothing much we could do but to carry her and rock her to sleep to make her feel better. Sometimes, gog for a car ride helps too.

But like what other mummies said, things will get better eventually. Some newborns are harder to take care. I seem to be the only one with this problem among my friends.

It really scares the sh*t out of me to have another baby but hiyahz... accidentally got one again. I hope this time things will be better for me...

*fingers crossed*

BbpHir3

when my gal cry, i juz shut myself n think..
wat she wans, wat i haven do... n kip telling myself, the earlier she gets wat she wans, den she'll trust mi even more..

1> check her diaper (soiled?)
2> check d time
a) is it milky time?
b) her self declare bathing/ washing up time?
3> feel her temp (is she feeling hot/cold?)
4> is she trying to suck her finger? my gal juz started 2 suck her thumb recently.. it usually means "I want my Pacifier!" or "I'm Hungry!"

once you get use to her pattern n the diff type of cries, you'll noe wat she wans..
juz rmb to kip calm n positive.. think bout her smiling after she got wat she wans.. n all will b well!!
:wong4:

isabelandrew

Right. Thanks for all the support. I didn't know it was so tiring, really tiring. I am not sleeping even 5 hrs one block. Plus my girl doesn't sleep herself on the playpen. Suddenly cry and needs to be carry everyday. Wow piah!

I know is a committment but sometimes, I find it difficult to shower my 'love' when my basic need (SLEEP) is not met..

Right. Thanks for all the support. I didn't know it was so tiring, really tiring. I am not sleeping even 5 hrs one block. Plus my girl doesn't sleep herself on the playpen. Suddenly cry and needs to be carry everyday. Wow piah!

I know is a committment but sometimes, I find it difficult to shower my 'love' when my basic need (SLEEP) is not met..
It's normal to feel this way when sleep deprived, I did and still do coz my 15month old son still has midnite feed and may not fall back to sleep immediately or sometimes cranky mood.

Try to get help if u can so u can sleep and rest. I rem when my baby was 1-2mths old and staying at my parents (hub was overseas), I was so exhausted and frustrated coping alone day/nite dat I "dump" my baby to my mum 1 nite and declared that I was going to sleep! It may seem like a nasty thing to do but I really needed to rest & re-charge.

It does get better as baby grows so dun give up!:Dancing_wub:

smiley811

Yesh... I totally understand your feelings.

I had the same problem as you in the past. Only me and my husband taking care of baby after confinement lady went off. My baby kept crying and we dunno what to do. Both of us din have much sleep too. I nearly slipped into depression. Thank God my parents came and fetch us back home to stay with them. They helped me out and I survived!!!

Seek help from your parents or in-laws or friends if you can't cope. Don't bottom everything and do everything yourself. You will go bonkers de.

Remember, when the tough gets going, the going gets tough.

When you see your baby grows, you will find happiness de. Jia You!!!

peanuts

when my gal cry, i juz shut myself n think..
wat she wans, wat i haven do... n kip telling myself, the earlier she gets wat she wans, den she'll trust mi even more..

1> check her diaper (soiled?)
2> check d time
a) is it milky time?
b) her self declare bathing/ washing up time?
3> feel her temp (is she feeling hot/cold?)
4> is she trying to suck her finger? my gal juz started 2 suck her thumb recently.. it usually means "I want my Pacifier!" or "I'm Hungry!"

once you get use to her pattern n the diff type of cries, you'll noe wat she wans..
juz rmb to kip calm n positive.. think bout her smiling after she got wat she wans.. n all will b well!!
:wong4:
Hi there,I did the 4 checks too when my children were babies are i must say it is effective.I used to get panic and frustrate last time but my mum and dad always tell me taking care of babies are not difficult if u know wat he/she wans.Stay calm and try to figure things out and u can answer to all problems.The more we interate with out babies the more we know their pattern and the more exp we become....

holeyman1

i check these everytime he cries :

1. Diapers
2. Milk
3. Needs to be carried
4. wants massage

if all else fails, see link ::

Pregnancy & babies

Enjoy your bb, it won't be long untill they wouldn't be caught dead with you ha ha

snowbear

Wa, you lucky already lor. :) If i could get a 2-hour stretch of sleep in my confinement month, it was like a bonus coz had to wake up to pump milk, feed baby, wash and sterilise bottles... haha. Oh well, things got better and i'm sure it'll get better for you. :Dancing_wub:

lisa_ng

some babies love to be carried.
try not to carry baby so often when they are juz born else will become a habit. and rocking the baby oso will become a habit.
it's a bit difficult, like for myself i wanted to carry the baby every now and then when we first brought her home. it was my cl who keep reminding me better to put her back to her cot after drinking milk.

babies cry could be not drinking enough.. hungry.
they tends to fall asleep when drinking milk so have to wake them up to drink more.

or could be due to colic.
have to burp the baby well enough.
or can ask pd when go for checkup. they will give colic drops.

swaddle your baby, they will feel more secure in this way like inside mummy's tummy.

Last edited:

jojoki

my bb fusses around 9pm - 2pm... sigh!! and she refuses to be put down.. so me n hubby take turn carry her. pity my hubby as he has to work long hours... the rest of the time is only me n my bb... while she sleeps i have to dash around in supersonic speed getting things done.. wash clothes , hang fold, sweep mop floor... boil soup... etc etc...

Indeed its so tiring.. whn she is awake i barely have energy to bond with her... sigh!