Baby feeding

apollo

The next time you go to the pediatrician you can ask about his wt. See if the pediatrician is in favour of controlling his weight by replacing a couple of feeds with water instead. :)
he always say is okay, don't have to wry or do anything... in fact he keep laughing whenever he see the weight gain of ds...

autumn82

i got ask pediatrician about feeding him some water but he asked me back "what's the reason you want to feed him water? milk is water alrdy. why must still feed him WATER?" ask until i speechless... haha...

pediatrician said his weight is gaining more than normal babies cause his birth weight only 2.9 but is okay as long as he's feeding well, poo-ing well, dont't have to do anything extra.. but my hubby so scare he'll become a fat boy.. :tlaugh:
Won't be fat boy.. Don't worry. Coz when they start to crawl, stand, walk... They will loosseeee weight~~~ :p Iggy also 2.85kg at birth, 1mth oredi 5kg++, now 11kg++. Ppl always ask, 18mths oredi..?? :eek:

apollo

Its true, but lots of people say my boy only put on 3.4kg for 6.5 months is too little. The pediatrician which i went back is very popular, its at Thomson, Singapore and Baby Child Clinic, Dr Ong. He's always very busy and clinic very crowded want. To pediatrician is as long as baby till 12 mths weight 10kg is enough. For parents like us, isnt they ate too little? Will they be receiving enough nutrient ?
my son is also seeing Dr Ong and yeah he is VERY BUSY!!! but both hubby and me quite comfortable with him cause he is always very confident haha... recently he wasn't ard in the aftnoon while ds was ill so we brought him to AMK branch, saw Dr Yip, also very good.. :tlaugh:

my cousin's son is ard 18mths, also 10kilo+ nia... but he is a happy boy,feeding well, poo-in well.:001_302:

apollo

Won't be fat boy.. dont't worry. Coz when they start to crawl, stand, walk... They will loosseeee weight~~~ :p Iggy also 2.85kg at birth, 1mth oredi 5kg++, now 11kg++. Ppl always ask, 18mths oredi..?? :eek:
yup that's y i'm not wry at all, since pd said it's alright... but my hubby kiasi la.. i think next time when his weight gain slow down when he started to crawl, he will wry too.. haha

snowbear

Dear Autumn82, Snowbear, Uddermummy, ReginaKoh and Ting,

Thanks all for sharing...

Its true, but lots of people say my boy only put on 3.4kg for 6.5 months is too little. The pediatrician which i went back is very popular, its at Thomson, Singapore and Baby Child Clinic, Dr Ong. He's always very busy and clinic very crowded want. To pediatrician is as long as baby till 12 mths weight 10kg is enough. For parents like us, isnt they ate too little? Will they be receiving enough nutrient ?

Btw, so i still need to let my boy drink milk instead of addition one more solid meal? And when my boy is 8-9 months then i introduce 2 solid meals a day???
I think u can start the 2nd meal when u think yr ds is ready. Dun really nd to see how many months then can feed. Maybe add a meal of cereal? Then u can mix some milk in as ting suggested... :)

I think if the bb's reaching milestones, is healthy n happy, that shld be the best gauge of whether or not he has received enuff nutrients. Size isn't everything... Anyway, every time i 'complain' to pp that alicia's not putting on enuff weight, they'd all ask me why do i want such a big baby for... some more mine gal... fat next time got problem... :tlaugh::tlaugh:

apollo

I think you can start the 2nd meal when you think your dear son is ready. dont really need to see how many months then can feed. Maybe add a meal of cereal? Then you can mix some milk in as ting suggested... :)

I think if the baby's reaching milestones, is healthy and happy, that shld be the best gauge of whether or not he has received enuff nutrients. Size isn't everything... Anyway, every time i 'complain' to pp that alicia's not putting on enuff weight, they'd all ask me why do i want such a big baby for... some more mine gal... fat next time got problem... :tlaugh::tlaugh:
actu baby too fat also not good wor... diffi to carry ard... :tlaugh:

uddermummy

Alicia is 1 year old but pp still think she's like 7-8mths... sigh... so small-sized... dont know why she just can't grow fatter although she's eating and drinking fine...
hee, maybe our girls have bb faces. Like that good what, when they are 40, they will only look like 30! hahaha

uddermummy

Is your son hitting the milestones? I wouldn't be too worried about what other pple say. :p Pple always have some comments to make; there's no way to make everyone happy.

Actually, what's important is that there isn't any sudden increase or decrease in your son's weight gain graph. Most bbs start to double their birth weight when they are about 3-6 mths old, and will have tripled their birth weight by 1 year. If you want to be even more accurate, you should look at your son's weight when he was discharged from hospital and not his birth weight.

snowbear

hee, maybe our girls have baby faces. Like that good what, when they are 40, they will only look like 30! hahaha
sigh.. just 2 days ago i met a lady in the lift with her baby whose neck wasn't even strong yet (only 4 months as i found out later)... her baby was BIGGER than alicia and she looked appalled to know that alicia's 13months. I was so offended even though she didn't say anything... :(

uddermummy

sigh.. just 2 days ago i met a lady in the lift with her baby whose neck wasn't even strong yet (only 4 months as i found out later)... her baby was BIGGER than alicia and she looked appalled to know that alicia's 13months. I was so offended even though she didn't say anything... :(
this kind of pple like that one. everything also want to compare. compare kids, hubby, houses, clothes etc.

she prob didn't read the articles about how bbs that are too fat tend to be overweight adults.
Next time, our bbs won't have to attend TAF club but hers will have to. Hahahah:tlaugh:

snowbear

this kind of pple like that one. everything also want to compare. compare kids, hubby, houses, clothes etc.

she prob didn't read the articles about how bbs that are too fat tend to be overweight adults.
Next time, our bbs won't have to attend TAF club but hers will have to. Hahahah:tlaugh:
:tlaugh::tlaugh:yup... hiya, gonna meet up with my friends next sat... all their babies much bigger than alicia although younger... feel so pressurised.. the last time we met up, one of my friend's husband even suggested that maybe my bm not good enuff... pissed :X Anyway, if he says anything of that sort again, i'll tell him what the lactation consultant told me that day that it all depends on the genes.. parents not fat, bb hard to become fat...

apollo

:tlaugh::tlaugh:yup... hiya, gonna meet up with my friends next sat... all their babies much bigger than alicia although younger... feel so pressurised.. the last time we met up, one of my friend's husband even suggested that maybe my breast milk not good enuff... pissed :X Anyway, if he says anything of that sort again, i'll tell him what the lactation consultant told me that day that it all depends on the genes.. parents not fat, baby hard to become fat...
you should slap him on the spot!!!!! he no milk to feed his baby so shd just shut up his mouth!

I often "TSK" whenever my mum said my breast milk not good...

if next time ppl say alicia is small size, tell them size doesn't matter, most impt is she must be HEALTHY!!!

uddermummy

:tlaugh::tlaugh:yup... hiya, gonna meet up with my friends next sat... all their babies much bigger than alicia although younger... feel so pressurised.. the last time we met up, one of my friend's husband even suggested that maybe my breast milk not good enuff... pissed :X Anyway, if he says anything of that sort again, i'll tell him what the lactation consultant told me that day that it all depends on the genes.. parents not fat, baby hard to become fat...
that should shut him up!!! :tlaugh:If I were you, I'll also ask him how he knows your breast milk not good, he's not drinking it loh. And if Alicia's happy and not complaining, i don't see why he should!

uddermummy

you should slap him on the spot!!!!! he no milk to feed his baby so should just shut up his mouth!

if next time ppl say alicia is small size, tell them size doesn't matter, most impt is she must be HEALTHY!!!
yeah, and tell him that good things come in small packages.

snowbear

you should slap him on the spot!!!!! he no milk to feed his baby so should just shut up his mouth!

that should shut him up!!! :tlaugh:If I were you, I'll also ask him how he knows your breast milk not good, he's not drinking it loh. And if Alicia's happy and not complaining, i dont't see why he should!
The thing is that my friend (his wife) also exclusively breastfeeds and their baby is HUGE! The baby was born at 3.8kg (that's like 1.4kg heavier than alicia at birth!) and she was 8kg before she turned 4months old... so he kept insinuating that must be my breast milk no good... feel like slapping him. He's fat what, and my friend also on the plump side... baby got fat genes.. not my breast milk no good lorr... grrr....

uddermummy

The thing is that my friend (his wife) also exclusively breastfeeds and their baby is HUGE! The baby was born at 3.8kg (that's like 1.4kg heavier than alicia at birth!) and she was 8kg before she turned 4months old... so he kept insinuating that must be my breast milk no good... feel like slapping him. He's fat what, and my friend also on the plump side... baby got fat genes.. not my breast milk no good lorr... grrr....
so irritating! Among my friends, I'm the most irritating one cos I keep asking my pregnant friends to bf! Hahahah.

shulyn

may i ask what solids you give your son?

> Hi Ting, Giving my boy porridge (one solid food) with the below;
(pumkin, sweetpotato, fish, spinach, carrot which i stop giving so often due to hard stool, fish, lean pork etc)...3 times a week will have brown rice mix with the above...
if its cereal, can add in the breast milk/FM then he can also get the nutrients from there.

> Hi Ting and Snowbear;

> As for this, i do have a phobia...When i first started Nestle rice cereal as my boy 1st food, added with his formula milk and feed him for abt few days and realise tats when he started having constipation and poo hard stool...From then i stop giving cereal except porridge...I wanted to start cereal back when his poo went back to normal BUT wont try on Nestle brand again. I heard frm my friend tat Paragon Level 5 got one cereal brand will try it very gd, will try it out.

Snowbear also recommend Healthy Times oatmeal,will try it out too...

if your son is really not drinking well, no harm addin one more solid meal.
perhaps that solid meal you use FM/breast milk to prepare it?
babies all differ, if they really refuse, then we need to be flexible and change our plans.
> Tat is wat my mum told me...if he is eating addition one more solid, his milk intake will decrease...When he's around 3 months he started to reject milk, always take an hr to finish and we always need to force feed, using spoon feed after several try etc...haiz...its really tiring.

shulyn

my son is also seeing Dr Ong and yeah he is VERY BUSY!!! but both hubby and me quite comfortable with him cause he is always very confident haha... recently he wasn't around in the aftnoon while dear son was ill so we brought him to AMK branch, saw Dr Yip, also very good.. :tlaugh:

Is Dr Yip clinic very crowded? Dr Ong clinic is always crowded and we always need to wait 1-2 hrs...Though its so crowded, both hubby and myself also willing to wait and see him...

apollo

i really loathe this kind of ppl. pls la they belong to plump category of cos their baby will be huge!!! though i'm not slim but my birth weight was less than 2.5 kilo and my hubby is quite slim too thus my baby is born 2.9kilo only...

my hubby's fren's daughter is exclusively bf-ing for few mths also very small size..

fat doesnt mean isextremely good... healthy is the main concern..

snowbear

i really loathe this kind of ppl. pls they belong to plump category of cos their baby will be huge!!! though i'm not slim but my birth weight was less than 2.5 kilo and my hubby is quite slim too thus my baby is born 2.9kilo only...

my hubby's friend's daughter is exclusively bf-ing for few mths also very small size..

fat doesnt mean isextremely good... healthy is the main concern..
ya.. health is still more impt.. anyway, yday i broke down and cried at nite coz of the buildup of pp (strangers and relatives alike) telling me how small my dd is (as if i can't see for myself!)... i know that a healthy and happy bb's more impt than a fat bb but i just can't help feeling so upset that despite the fact that my dd's eating and drinking, she's just not putting on (much) weight. I've already done my best and I believe i've put in much much more effort than many people but yet my dd's still so small-sized.. People just look at her small build and just think i'm a bad mummy.. makes me so mad and so sad. :(